Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon's advanced stats jump off the page. The color code, with emphatic red being awful, red being bad, black being neutral, green being good, and emphatic green being outstanding.

.646 TS% green
    26.5 USG green
    8.4 OBPM emphatic green
    5.2 DBPM green
    13.6 BPM green

Know who the only other player who is green across the board for advanced stats is? Zion.
    I've been checking out a few prospects on tankathon and I seen his page also. We will see how things turn out for this young man.

I like the fact that he knows he is going to most likely have to play the 3 in the NBA and is working on those skills right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been checking out a few prospects on tankathon and I seen his page also. We will see how things turn out for this young man.

I like the fact that he knows he is going to most likely have to play the 3 in the NBA and is working on those skills right now
    If you go to the mock page, and click on Advanced view, he and Bruno will jump out at you with clean green or mostly green across the board, both going in the vicinity of 20. They'll probably be great value picks there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon's advanced stats jump off the page. The color code, with emphatic red being awful, red being bad, black being neutral, green being good, and emphatic green being outstanding.

.646 TS% green
    26.5 USG green
    8.4 OBPM emphatic green
    5.2 DBPM green
    13.6 BPM green

Know who the only other player who is green across the board for advanced stats is? Zion.
    This is what Ive been trying to tell everybody. People get caught up way too much about athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting combine results so far. Measured 6-foot-5.75 without shoes (6-foot-7.5 with shoes ) with a 6-foot-9.75 wingspan. That's a bit smaller than expected. But he also weighed a legit 240 with 5.4% body fat so he's in really good shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Results are in for Grant Williams
    5.4% body fat
    9" hand length
    10.5" hand width
    6' 5.75" without shoes ( taller than Nassir Little)
    6.75" with shoes
    8'8.5" ( same as Nassir Little)
    240 lb
    6'9.75" vs 7'1.25" (Nassir Little's)

I still want this dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5.4% body fat
    9" hand length
    10.5" hand width
    6.75" with shoes
    240 lb

I still want this dude.
    With as good of shape as he's in, he should do well in the athletic drills. We'll see.

But unless you're drafting him as a wing, I don't think it's worthwhile to compare to Little who is definitely being drafted as a wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His hand size is impressive. I wonder if he can palm the ball as effectively as Kawhi?

For reference,
    Kawhi Leonards measurements (who was a freak)
    6'6" without shoes
    6'7" with shoes
    7'3" wingspan
    8'10" standing reach
    9.8" hand length
    11.3" hand width

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With as good of shape as he's in, he should do well in the athletic drills. We'll see.

But unless you're drafting him as a wing, I don't think it's worthwhile to compare to Little who is definitely being drafted as a wing.
    Im banking on him being drafted as our future wing. Yall heard it from me first if this guy gets drafted by the Spurs. I was the first bandwagoner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im banking on him being drafted as our future wing. Yall heard it from me first if this guy gets drafted by the Spurs. I was the first bandwagoner.
    I don't think he'll be agile enough or shoot well enough to be a wing. He's not even fat that he could drop some weight. He could be a killer small ball 4, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5.4% body fat
    9" hand length
    10.5" hand width
    6.75" with shoes
    240 lb

I still want this dude.
    He's 2 inches taller with shoes? Never seen to that before. Frankly, his measurements don't change my mind on him as a prospect. He's pretty undersized as a full-time powerful word and not fast enough to play small forward. He's an old-school tweener- in the bad way and not in the modern Draymond Green way.

Would much rather have PJ Washington or Rui who are more likely to succeed as PFs than he is and Roby who looks capable of playing both positions in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has been shooting 3s like nothing and has been working on lateral quickness. I dont understand why people doubt someone who has shown growth for the past 2 years. If he can learn post skills in a span of a year, he cant improve his agility? Ill say it again....he will be fast enough and will shoot well enough as a small forward in this league. I said it first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has been shooting 3s like nothing and has been working on lateral quickness. I dont understand why people doubt someone who has shown growth for the past 2 years. If he can learn post skills in a span of a year, he cant improve his agility? Ill say it again....he will be fast enough and will shoot well enough as a small forward in this league. I said it first.
    3s like nothing? Workouts mean . He shot 33% in games, and is projected for 34% in the NBA, according to Tankathon.

You can also work out to maximize whatever agility/lateral quickness you would top out at, but that's it. You can't get more. The NFL analogy is that some guys can never play corner, even if they're fast enough. Their hips won't open up to allow them to backpedal and react to moves. NBA defense is similar. Oh, and it just takes longer to change direction at 240 lbs. Can't do anything about that. It's just pure physics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Grant Williams had a standing vertical of 26 inches and a max vertical of 31.5 inches. That's ... really bad. The second worst measurements in each category that have tested so far -- only ahead of a 7-foot-1 center (Moses Brown). To compare, Matt Bonner jumped higher: 27 inches standing, 32 inches max.

And Williams already has low body fat so I'm not sure how he can go about increasing his vert too much.

Uh oh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's very similar to PJ Tucker coming out of Texas...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Grant Williams had a standing vertical of 26 inches and a max vertical of 31.5 inches. That's ... really bad. The second worst measurements in each category that have tested so far -- only ahead of a 7-foot-1 center (Moses Brown). To compare, Matt Bonner jumped higher: 27 inches standing, 32 inches max.

And Williams already has low body fat so I'm not sure how he can go about increasing his vert too much.

Uh oh.
    Hes tanking his value so he drops to us. CIA Pop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you mean it in the sense that "PF" is mostly played by converted wings today (which is why I refer to it as big wing), he has no chance of playing wing in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Tankathon will do an update Mock and Big Board, post combine? I still like this kid, but only as I always have: as a 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Announced he’s officially staying in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Announced he’s officially staying in the draft.
    He was the only projected 1st round pick who participated in the 5 on 5 scrimmages at the Combine, for what it's worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was the only projected 1st round pick who participated in the 5 on 5 scrimmages at the Combine, for what it's worth.
    Supposedly shot bad but did a lot of the little things to help teams win.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing reach is .5 inches less than Draymond. He tested great on agility and spinting. So if agility was your big concern with him then you should be pleased with the results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good as his advanced stats are, Brandon Clarke's are still much better & that's with a lower usage rate... interesting. Of course, Clarke is also two years older.
    GMs have some tough decisions to make. Both guys look like possibilities to drop because of measurements: Clarke because of wingspan (although his other performances were elite), and Williams because of really subpar leaping ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carl Landry type. I would pass. Much rather Okeke in this range.
    I was actually thinking of PJ Washington.

This guy will prob slip due to his size and measurements. At 29 it seems like a solid pick at 19 I’m not certain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He apparently underwhelmed in the 5 on 5 . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 29 yes at 19 I would pass

Thread Information