Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to get my hopes up for us to draft this guy, the more I trying to figure him the more i believe in his ability to transfer from his college PF status to be able to play more on the perimeter in the NBA, offensively and defensively... He does have similarity in body, skills, style and toughness to players who successfully made that transition like Ron Artest and PJ Tucker... I'll be happy taking him even at #19...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to get my hopes up for us to draft this guy, the more I trying to figure him the more i believe in his ability to transfer from his college PF status to be able to play more on the perimeter in the NBA, offensively and defensively... He does have similarity in body, skills, style and toughness to players who successfully made that transition like Ron Artest and PJ Tucker... I'll be happy taking him even at #19...
    Nah, he's a 4, through and through. If you're trying for anything else, you're setting yourself and him up for failure. He could be a pretty good 4, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Please. God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

After Brandon Clarke, he's my least favorite prospect in the 10-30 range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow he’s looking great! Shot looks much quicker and he’s knocking down at a good clip. Grant will be a legitimate contributor for a long time. He’s probably my favorite basketball Vol of all time and its great to see him getting a shot in the league. Coming to San Antonio would be a great fit for him too.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough to say about this guy. Could be G League MVP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheAthletic's mock draft has him going 29. I don't like Williams at 19 but at 29 I'd be okay with it.

Nah, he's a 4, through and through. If you're trying for anything else, you're setting yourself and him up for failure. He could be a pretty good 4, though.
    Exactly

I tried looking at him as a three (or even a 3/4) and it just doesn't work. Nothing about him is translatable to the perimeter.

But if you imagine him has a bench four who adds to your team's IQ, he has enough value to take at the end of the first round. He's strong, super smart, competes and has some skill.

If he peaks somewhere between Old Boris Diaw and Old David West, that's not bad and actually fills a hole on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warming up to him at 29. I would be happy with Okeke or Williams at the 29 spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheAthletic's mock draft has him going 29. I don't like Williams at 19 but at 29 I'd be okay with it.

Exactly

I tried looking at him as a three (or even a 3/4) and it just doesn't work. Nothing about him is translatable to the perimeter.

But if you imagine him has a bench four who adds to your team's IQ, he has enough value to take at the end of the first round. He's strong, super smart, competes and has some skill.

If he peaks somewhere between Old Boris Diaw and Old David West, that's not bad and actually fills a hole on the roster.
    Diaw is exactly what I was thinking, with a dash of ZBo in the post. Guys who aren't super athletic can still learn to get their shot of in the post. Both of the mentioned players could. He's got secondary play maker skills that the Spurs like, which is where the Diaw comparisons come in. I think he's smart enough and good enough that he'll still be playing NBA ball in 2030. One VERY good sign is his FT%. That is a marker that someone can be taught a repe ive shooting motion, like, I don't know, a three pointer. It went from 67% as a freshman to 76% as a sop re, to 82% as a junior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant williams did well tonight. +21 leads the team with a nice statline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have drafted this guy -- he's like Boris Diaw but STRONG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn. Another dissatisfied customer...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have drafted this guy -- he's like Boris Diaw but STRONG.
    A 6'5" bigman that can't jump, shoot nor defend in the post. Sure, he's nice switching and playing team defense when he isn't being targeted in the post, and someday he might be able to develop his post defense and shooting enough to become a poor man PJ Tucker, but there's no way I look at this guys and think "damn, how we let this guy go?", tbh.

Thread Information