Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    After adding DeMaryius Thomas they signed old man Ben Watson but most importantly, huge congrats on a very low-key but elite receiver in Dontrelle Inman. Not sure how he hasn't stuck to a team but he's big, fast, very athletic, high vertical, great at winning jump balls, and a great route runner with super reliable hands. Inman has been one of my favorite receivers for a long time and has been criminally underrated by teams thus far.

Pats have a true #1 in Inman.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Like the Inman signing, meh on the Watson signing.

Im not sure why they didn’t show any interest in trading for Kyle Rudolph. That became the obvious move for them once Minnesota drafted a TE early.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Im not sure why they didn’t show any interest in trading for Kyle Rudolph. That became the obvious move for them once Minnesota drafted a TE early.
    Watson could just be a replacement for Dwyane Allen at this point. ASJ is more the receiving tight end. But neither will replace Gronk. It's okay, Brady will be fine if they just go 10 personnel/5 wide

Inman, Thomas, Edelman, the rookie, and the same RB rotation as last year should be more than enough. If Thomas doesn't pan out they can swap him for the rookie and Dorsett for the #4 spot.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Watson will be a solid blocker but not a reliable receiving threat especially in coverage. Too bad Gronk didn’t retire sooner. The Pats could have gone after Jared Cook sooner.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Watson will be a solid blocker but not a reliable receiving threat especially in coverage. Too bad Gronk didn’t retire sooner. The Pats could have gone after Jared Cook sooner.
    Yeah they lost out on Cook literally because they didnt show interest in him until it was too late and he was too far down the road with another team.

I still think Gronk might very well come out of retirement mid season.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Yeah they lost out on Cook literally because they didnt show interest in him until it was too late and he was too far down the road with another team.

I still think Gronk might very well come out of retirement mid season.
    I’m thinking he’s gonna do what Witten did; give his body a year off to heal & return the next season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m thinking he’s gonna do what Witten did; give his body a year off to heal & return the next season.
    Well if that's the case then Gronk could have half his career left.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Patriots bring back Jamie Collins, called that .

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    makes sense

watson signing just seems desperate, much like witten for cowboys. cant believe pats weren't more aggressive in their pursuit of jared cook, who ultimately didnt get paid all that much. inman is a solid pickup as well

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    makes sense

watson signing just seems desperate, much like witten for cowboys. cant believe pats weren't more aggressive in their pursuit of jared cook, who ultimately didnt get paid all that much. inman is a solid pickup as well
    Agreed re Watson, that's a big sign of desperation.

They didn't start pursuing Cook until Gronk announced his retirement and it was too late by then, he was already pretty far down the road with NO.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Agreed re Watson, that's a big sign of desperation.

They didn't start pursuing Cook until Gronk announced his retirement and it was too late by then, he was already pretty far down the road with NO.
    thats what sucks about those delayed retirement announcements. marshawn hasn't even formally announced yet but the raiders didnt wait around. signed crowell and drafted josh jacobs. crowell has since gone down with an achilles, which makes the jacobs draft pick a bit less ty

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Patriots bring back Jamie Collins, called that .
    So they got a free 3rd round pick from the Browns. Lol Browns.

Hightower... Collins... Van Noy, and Bentley. That's a lot of beef between the D-line and secondary.

Easy to see Belichick likes his LBs big 'n' beefy. Kind of the opposite of Seattle/Cowboys philosophy valuing speed over size at LB.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    pats re-signed danny shelton. makes sense, as they didnt draft a run stuffer.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    pats re-signed danny shelton. makes sense, as they didnt draft a run stuffer.
    they signed the guy from the Jets though... seems like they can never get enough beef in the front 7

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol. Steroids can't hold a candle to that TB-12 diet, I guess.

It's not going to change much, really. The Pats will be weak at tight end this year barring a miracle Gronk comeback. But BB and company will scheme around it and target the backs more than ever, plus they have a quality #1 receiver in Inman now and they still have Edelman and they're kicking the tires on Thomas, who knows. But if anyone can make JAGs at offensive skill positions, or the defensive front 7, look good, it's Bill Belichick.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It was testosterone prescribed by a doctor, so it's not that egregious. He says he took it because he never expected to be on the field again but I'm on the fence about believing that.

Thread Information