Eric Paschall

School: Villanova
    Position: SF/PF/SG
    Height: 6-foot-7.25
    Weight: 254.4
    Wingspan: 6-foot-11.75
    Draft Range: 30 to 50
    Combine Results? Yes

Why: High floor prospect. Big, strong dude with tree trunks for arms who has a lot of experience playing out on the perimeter. Hustles and already does the small things. Decent to good ball handler and passer, especially for his size. Can score and find teammates when on the move. Explosive leaper off of two feet and uses strength well when finishing. Shooting stats are decent: 34.8% on threes, 74.6% at the line. Can switch defensively and possibly cover all position other than PGs.

Why Not: Low ceiling prospect. Mechanics on jumper are inconsistent; sometimes he'll even shoot on the way down. Played a bigger role as a senior and his efficiency plummeted. He's adequately skilled in most areas of the game but nothing really stands out. Awkward when jumping off of one foot -- loses most of his power. Can guard multiple positions but isn't a natural fit against any particularly position. Ceiling isn't much higher than a decent role player who can survive in multiple lineups.

Spurs Fit: He's basically and pick-and-play prospect at this point. He doesn't have a whole lot of growth left but he could be a decent 9th or 10th man as a rookie.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Bigger Devin Brown

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Smaller Malik Rose

College Stats
    Highlight Video
    Tankathon Profile
    NBADraft.net Profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 29 is a little high for him and 49 is probably a little late to be able to draft him but I like his game. Looks like a 4 with the skills of a 3. Bullies people on the way to the rim, explosive, weird looking - but decent 3pt shooter.

Could be a solid 3 on both sides of the ball tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny this thread has only had one post in it lmao. But yeah, I was high on this dude then i realized he may just be another Quincy Pondex. Same tendencies on offense. Same body type. Maybe Paschall has better defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We talked about bout him in the spurs draft thread. He is way better overall than pondexter imo.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A decent role player who can survive in multiple lineups is nothing to sneeze at. They can't all be stars.

I thought he was on the heavy side, and his body fat % at the combine sort of confirmed that. And I had read that his efficiency suffered when he got a bigger role, and assumed that he was getting tired late in games. But I checked his stats, and his Per 40 numbers are almost all pretty much the same or better. The only thing that suffered is his 2P%, but he started putting up twice as many 3-pointers. To me that just says that he wasn't spending as much time close to the basket, and shooting close in. He shot .348 from 3P, on 5.6 3P attempts. That's good enough, and good enough to give some hope that Chip can help him improve.

There was an article in another thread here, and the Spurs are seeing him as a character guy. I think they would push him to lose 10-14 lbs., and it would help with his quickness. If I'm looking at players I think the Spurs might pick, instead of who I think they should pick, Paschall is looking like a very strong contender. The biggest thing arguing against them taking him, IMO, is the fact that they talked about him publicly. A lot of projections are showing him at the end of the first round now. But if the Spurs wait for him until 29, sure as GSW will take him at 28.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny this thread has only had one post in it lmao. But yeah, I was high on this dude then i realized he may just be another Quincy Pondex. Same tendencies on offense. Same body type. Maybe Paschall has better defense.
    Yeah, I see him as much more versatile and a better defender than Pondexter. He's a big body that looks like he bullies people on the way to the rim and can finish through players.

Pretty explosive, also looks like he could possibly even post up a bit. Weird, scissor-kick jump shot but his 3pt and FT% suggest he is a pretty good shooter. Seems like he is could be a high energy rotation player from the start.

Body wise, he looks like a pre Whataburger Dejuan Blair but with a perimeter skills. Good size and length

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus he has some good athletic results. Would be a nice 2nd round pick.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shooting form is atrocious but I’m warming up to the FO drafting him.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, for #29. But I am okay with #49.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like the next ron artest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if correct, this would be a of a player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be neither as crazy, or as good as Meta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Boban is a free agent, trading the rights to Mulitinov to Philly for two of their 2nd rounders or one and a pick swap for a guy like Paschall or any other player who falls through the cracks in the first round should be considered. Cheaper contract then Mulitinov would command and can develop in house and not overseas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks can shoot 3s now. He can already do more than Milutinov

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks can shoot 3s now. He can already do more than Milutinov
    One video of shooting practice does not make an in-game 3 pt shooter...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One video of shooting practice does not make an in-game 3 pt shooter...
    I know, but it's not far fetched that he is a better shooter than Milutinov. I've never seen Milutinov hit a jumper...ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Boban is a free agent, trading the rights to Mulitinov to Philly for two of their 2nd rounders or one and a pick swap for a guy like Paschall or any other player who falls through the cracks in the first round should be considered. Cheaper contract then Mulitinov would command and can develop in house and not overseas.
    This doesn't make sense for Philly; sounds like Milutinov wants a fairly decent amount of money to come over, probably starting at $6 million and lasting 3 years.

Makes more sense to sign a vet min player and/ or draft a big with the 24th or 34th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 49 that's a steal tbh, looks like a possible rotation player from the jump.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, but it's not far fetched that he is a better shooter than Milutinov. I've never seen Milutinov hit a jumper...ever

Damn near everyone shoots better than Milutinov. It's no secret, he made his first three ever last season, and joked about it with a teammate in the post game interview. "Just pass me the ball. Everyone knows I'm the best shooter on the team."

He's a legitimate post presence, and a pretty good rebounder. He gets his points around the rim, but he's pretty efficient about it. He finishes, which a lot of bigs don't. He moves well without the ball, and is a reasonably good passer. The biggest difference between him and Eubanks, IMO, is that when Milutinov gets the ball around the rim he's vicious. Eubanks, like so many second/third tier bigs, is hesitant. Milutinov isn't - he's going up, and he's got enough strength to absorb contact.
    I think he's strong enough to hold his own in the NBA, but we'll see.

He's not a Nikola Jokic, but I think he'll be a plus for the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen Milutinov shooting practice videos either. WRT to Drew's jumper, well,

http://www.82games.com/1819/18SAS12.HTM

According to 82games.com, he took 15% of his shots as jumpers, and hit 0% of them... Admittedly, I think that's a sample size of about 4 shots... ( https://www.basketball-reference.com...eubandr01.html 26 shots X 15% = 4 ). So Drew may well be a better shooter, but I'm not willing to give him an NBA value advantage from it, until he actually does something with it... Milutinov is, IMO, a much better finisher inside than Drew. His power to absorb and finish through contact is actually pretty impressive - reminds me a bit of Nurkic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen Milutinov shooting practice videos either. WRT to Drew's jumper, well,

http://www.82games.com/1819/18SAS12.HTM

According to 82games.com, he took 15% of his shots as jumpers, and hit 0% of them... Admittedly, I think that's a sample size of about 4 shots... ( https://www.basketball-reference.com...eubandr01.html 26 shots X 15% = 4 ). So Drew may well be a better shooter, but I'm not willing to give him an NBA value advantage from it, until he actually does something with it... Milutinov is, IMO, a much better finisher inside than Drew. His power to absorb and finish through contact is actually pretty impressive - reminds me a bit of Nurkic.
    that's true, but the thing is we already have a big like that in Jakob Poeltl. The 3rd string big should be one who can shoot 3s to stretch the floor. I expect Eubanks to stay on a two-way deal anyway, but he can play the 4 as well and looked good in spot minutes last year. If he can hit shots at a decent clip he might be able to carve out a role for himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy just looks like a ball player man. Steal at 29 tbh

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love him for the second round. Great leaper. Super strong. Seems like a second unit small ball 4.

https://youtu.be/pkixd6OcY60

Here is a video analysis of his game. Weaknesses: 3 point shooting and inside defense. He has to improve at least one of those to have a career. If not both.
    Last edited by Dr. John R. Brinkley; 06-13-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Thread Information