My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say I really like the Switch Pro Controller. But that might be recency bias.

The worst for me is easy...the Atari 5200. It didn't have a spring in it so the controller never returned back to neutral. The rubber sleeve was supposed to do that. Which it didn't. And got worse over time.
    And they also had a keypad stuck on it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say I really like the Switch Pro Controller. But that might be recency bias.

The worst for me is easy...the Atari 5200. It didn't have a spring in it so the controller never returned back to neutral. The rubber sleeve was supposed to do that. Which it didn't. And got worse over time.
    Switch Pro controller has kind of a crap D-pad that can move multiple directions at once unlike the NES or SNES D-pads, so you can get unintended button presses on it. Dualshock 2 will always be my favorite since I like the weight and is comfortable for dual stick modern gaming. The 5200 joystick is a great call for worst. That's on par with garbage like the Power Glove. Unacceptable for a default first party controller. Though I have to give a shout out to the Switch's joy-cons since they're both insanely expensive and ridiculously prone to have the sticks start drifting. They also feel cramped and I hate having to spend another $70 to get a decent modern controller with the system. Switch is just a poorly designed system in almost every way but it has games and games are always what will matter more than anything else when it comes to evaluating a system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Switch Pro controller has kind of a crap D-pad that can move multiple directions at once unlike the NES or SNES D-pads, so you can get unintended button presses on it. Dualshock 2 will always be my favorite since I like the weight and is comfortable for dual stick modern gaming. The 5200 joystick is a great call for worst. That's on par with garbage like the Power Glove. Unacceptable for a default first party controller. Though I have to give a shout out to the Switch's joy-cons since they're both insanely expensive and ridiculously prone to have the sticks start drifting. They also feel cramped and I hate having to spend another $70 to get a decent modern controller with the system. Switch is just a poorly designed system in almost every way but it has games and games are always what will matter more than anything else when it comes to evaluating a system.
    Yeah...that's a good call on the joy cons. I can't stand them. They've actually kept me from playing most games mobile. I'll only do that with a puzzle game or something that requires only limited movement.
    I haven't noticed any problems with the d pad but I've rarely had to use it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i generally enjoy the playstation controllers. DS2 and DS3 were both great.

worst imo is N64... that was designed for aliens with 3 hands

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sega Dreamcast. If only for the memory card function.

They really made good use of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the switch controller u can have 2 ppl on one controller

remember sega megadrive had that car micro machines game, where u can add 2 more controllers into the cartridge game itself?? then u can play 4 players upto 8 with 2 ppl on per controller
    with the 2ppl on per controller, all u had to control was left or right turn, the game had no acceleration or stopping, just forward only...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like a cell phone from 1999 with an erection

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a cell phone from 1999 with an erection
    I'm amazed it took as many posts as it did for someone to make that observation on this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I second the Dreamcast controller with the VMU, it was a really cool idea. I also have always liked the way the XBox 360/One controllers felt in my hands (lol those original massive XBox controllers). I never warmed up to the Playstation controllers the same way, even if I like the system better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N64
    Original Xbox
    Dualshock controlers
    Ps1 original controller (my fav for nostalgic reasons)
    SNES

All controllers Ive ever played.

Knowing that I loved the original xbox controller, I would probably prefer all the xbox controllers over PS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 64 pad was weird but worked so perfectly with so many games, so I cant call it the worst I ever used. I'd say the Genesis controller was worse. The three buttons sucked for fighting games... most games honestly, and made SNES ports of games no brainers almost all the time. The D pad was one of my favorites tho.

The best control pad is a toss up between the 360 and a Dual shock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 64 pad was weird but worked so perfectly with so many games, so I cant call it the worst I ever used. I'd say the Genesis controller was worse. The three buttons sucked for fighting games... most games honestly, and made SNES ports of games no brainers almost all the time. The D pad was one of my favorites tho.

I don't prefer the joystick placement on the PS controllers, but the DS4 is pretty damn good. I know it's not a popular choice, but the Steam controller is actually a damn good controller for games that allow dual input aka gamepad+mouse and keyboard simultaneously.. The track pad combined with gyro allows for some seriously accurate aim with a control pad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its preference imo, but xbox joystick placement never feels natural to me after years of PS/dualshock use

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It had the same problem the Switch joycons do with the joystick not having a very long usable life before drift. The way Nintendo jews us with their controllers is one main reason I don't feel bad about pirating their tbh.

Thread Information