Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just Republicans Boukaki.
    the numbers between Republicans and Democrats aren't that far off.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...the-gop-on-roe

Republicans are divided on the issue of abortion, according to a new American Barometer poll, conducted by Hill.TV and the HarrisX polling company.

Twenty percent of GOP respondents said the procedure should be illegal under all cir stances, while 51 percent said it should be legal in limited cases, such as rape, incest and when the life of the mother is threatened.

Another 20 percent of Republicans said it should be legal up until the third trimester, and only 9 percent said it should be legal under all cir stances.

The official GOP platform calls for Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion, to be overturned, and few Republican election officials support abortion rights in all cases.

"Republicans, traditionally the more conservative on this issue, are evenly split on whether it should be law. I read that as for many voters, this is territory that cannot be overturned," Morning Consult senior reporter Joanna Piacenza told Hill.TV's Joe Concha on "What America's Thinking."

Democrats are also somewhat divided on the issue, with 12 percent saying abortion should be illegal under all cir stances, while 32 percent said it should be legal in limited cir stances, such as rape, incest, and life of the mother.

Thirty-one percent said it should be legal up until the third trimester, while 25 percent said it should always be legal.

The American Barometer was conducted on August 31 to September 1 among 1,000 registered voters. The sampling margin of error was plus or minus 3.1 percent.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In the United States, half a million girls are at risk for this form of torture"

How many boys are at risk of this form of torture in the US?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you ST racists / misogynists obviously approve of this censorship

Facebook removed doctors' fact-check of false anti-abortion video because Ted Cruz complained

Facebook removed a fact-check authored by three doctors rebutting an anti-abortion video’s false claims because Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and other Republicans complained in a letter to CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

it removed the fact-check pending a review after Cruz, Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri, Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota and Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana accused the social media giant of being biased against conservatives. no! biased against Repug ing LIES

Both videos falsely claimed that “abortion is never medically necessary.”

Three doctors
    authored a fact-check for Health Feedback, an organization that seeks to debunk misleading medical coverage.

The fact-check deemed the video “inaccurate,” noting that

“certain medical conditions such as placenta previa and P syndrome can make abortion a necessary medical procedure in order to prevent the mother’s death.”

Rose lashed out on Twitter, calling the doctors behind the fact-check
    liars and “abortionists.”

Cruz and the other Republican senators cited these affiliations to complain to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg that his social network was behind

the “censorship” of conservatives

and suggested that doctors who “perform abortions” are not qualified to discuss abortion.

“No reasonable person would describe Grossman or Schickler as neutral or objective when it comes to issues of abortion,”

the senators wrote of the doctors, But Rose's LIES are "objective" on abortion

https://www.salon.com/2019/09/14/facebook-removed-doctors-fact-check-of-false-anti-abortion-video-because-ted-cruz-complained/

Repugs, Christian Taliban, pro-birth ASSHOLES have nothing but slander, lies, cheating to advance themselves and their causes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-Choicers Are Suggesting People Continue Pregnancies That Could Kill Them

Misinformation about life-threatening ectopic pregnancies is part of a campaign to argue that abortion is never medically necessary.

Doctors are calling for people to consult with their physicians to deal with potentially deadly ectopic pregnancies instead of following the advice of an

article published on the conservative website, The Federalist, on Monday, which claimed that procedures to save the lives of pregnant people were unnecessary.

Federalist are now publishing MEDICAL LIES along with the rest of their LIES?

Federalist correspondent Georgi Boorman also claims that EPs contribute to abortion rates, and

demanded an end to all legal abortion, including for treatment of EP. "Abortion is never the answer," she writes.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa7kbg/is-abortion-necessary-for-treating-ectopic-pregnancy?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm _campaign=campaign_784292

btw, Leonard Leo is a yet another ing Catholic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Restrictions on Fetal Tissue Research Deal a Blow to Medical Science

A new federal policy tied to anti-abortion politics will hamper potentially groundbreaking work

a new Trump administration policy, announced last month by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), which

ends some federally funded research that involves fetal tissue from elective abortions and

puts stringent restrictions on the rest.

The new policy eliminates all research at the National Ins utes of Health (NIH) — the chief federal body on medical research — that uses fetal tissue from elective abortions.

NIH scientists can use up the material they currently have, but are not allowed to acquire any new tissue.

NIH-funded research at universities and other organizations that involves fetal tissue from elective abortions will also come under additional scrutiny.

Investigators proposing new grants or seeking grant renewals that use this tissue will be subject to additional oversight.

That process will include an ethics advisory board that will review each grant proposal and make recommendations about whether NIH should fund them.

https://onezero.medium.com/trump-res...e-b8086c3ed815

So a lot more broken or dead babies from congenital heart defects, by the pro-birth mob

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump condemned for moving to ‘roll back the clock’ as letter exposes his attempt to form anti-abortion UN coalition

the Trump administration is pressuring U.N. member nations to join an international anti-abortion coalition.

The letter, first reported by the Guardian and set to be presented Monday during a U.N. General Assembly meeting on universal health coverage,

urges nations to oppose the creation of “a new international right to abortion.”

“This letter just shows how they are trying to erode international consensus and roll back the clock for women and girls.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-condemned-for-moving-to-roll-back-the-clock-as-letter-exposes-his-attempt-to-form-anti-abortion-un-coalition/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1522

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abortion Rights Foes Use Indiana Fetal Remains Discovery for Political Gain

The Trump administration and anti-choice lawmakers are using the case of Ulrich Klopfer to attack abortion providers as dangerous and unregulated.

abortion rights foes to link Klopfer to state legislatures that have recently repealed abortion restrictions, and use the case

to paint abortion care as unsafe and unregulated and

conflating legal abortion with infanticide.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/09/...olitical-gain/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-LGBTQ Congressman Introduces Anti-Abortion Bill to Protect ‘Unborn Gay Children’

https://rewire.news/article/2019/09/...-gay-children/

So being LGBT is not a "choice", but is decided in the fetus?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Closure of women's health clinics linked to lower cervical cancer screening and higher mortality

Following the closure of nearly 100 women's health clinics across the United States from 2010 to 2013, fewer women were screened for cervical cancer, more women were diagnosed with advanced stages of the disease and mortality rates rose.

Findings from a new analysis combining several nationwide datasets were presented at the 61st Annual Meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).

The data are troubling. Reducing the availability of cervical cancer screening has very real, negative consequences for women.

Cervical cancer is largely preventable because of the wide availability of the HPV vaccine and screening that can detect precancerous lesions.

The pressing issue now is to ensure that all women have access to screening."

clinics closed between 2010 and 2013 due primarily to changes in funding structures (e.g., regulations for le X funding) and the passage of laws that regulated standards at these clinics.

"As these clinics closed over time, it appears that a fewer women were getting screened, and this trend appears to be associated with a greater number of women ultimately dying from cervical cancer,"

Overall, cervical cancer survival rates improved in states without clinic closures

but dropped in those with a reduction in the number of clinics.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20190926/Closure-of-womens-health-clinics-linked-to-lower-cervical-cancer-screening-and-higher-mortality.aspx

the so-called pro-life evangelical so-called Christian Taliban don't care if poor women suffer and die from cancer (and venereal diseases not detected) as long as the poor women are forced to give birth for lack of contraception and abortion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-Choice Activists Fighting a Losing Battle Against Medication Abortion

Medication abortion is a gamechanger for pregnant people, particularly when other forms of abortion are difficult to access or even unavailable.

With the recent news that almost 40 percent of the abortions in this country in 2017 were by pill rather than surgical procedure, now is a great time to appreciate the seemingly unstoppable revolution this medical advance has brought about.

“We’re doing medication abortions with nurse prac ioners all over the state, and it’s particularly important in the mountains.”

patients in the region “can come in on the day the nurse prac ioner is there, which is almost every day, and be taken care of.”

https://rewire.news/article/2019/10/01/medication-abortion-revolution/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SCOTUS delivered bad news for abortion access

they’ve already announced they’ll take June Medical Services v. Gee, a case that tests the legal standard for access to abortion.

the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals

blatantly ignored precedent

by ruling that a Louisiana law identical to one declared uncons utional in the landmark Whole Woman’s Health v. erstedt could take effect.

That law threatens to close all but one clinic in the state.

The Court could have corrected the Fifth Circuit’s mistake

by clearly recognizing and respecting the precedent set in Whole Woman’s Health.

By scheduling the case for argument, the question becomes

whether the Court will adhere to or throw out the precedent set three years ago.

-- rewire news email

stare decisis, even very recent rulings?

(misogynist Catholic) SCOTUS s say that, we're gonna kill Roe v Wade

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christian Pastor To Women: 'Submit' To Your Husband 'In Everything'

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, it's yet another Repug hole state

Abortion Providers Challenge Oklahoma Law Forcing Them to Lie to Patients

As the plaintiffs explain in their complaint,

the "abortion reversal" law demands that physicians provide state-mandated ideology

that is at odds with universally recognized standards of medical care.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/10/...e-to-patients/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how it's a womans choice until they need feminine men like bouts to advocate for their choice. My body my choice until...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women Are CEO’s Of Top Weapons Manufactures

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fundamental to Repug / right wing / evangelical misogyny aka "women haters" is denying contracepion and perinatal care to poor (black, brown) women.

There are conseqences

The Maternal Mortality Lie That Ensures Women Will Keep Dying

The United States has the worst maternal mortality rate in the developed world

As other wealthy countries have seen maternal mortality plummet to nearly zero,

we are the only developed nation
    whose maternal mortality has risen in the past two decades.

In some states, the situation is even more dire.

Georgia’s maternal mortality rate rivals that of Iran, Iraq, and 100 other countries.

An American woman giving birth today is
    now 50% more likely to die than her mother was a generation ago.

M
    aternal mortality in Finland is virtually unheard of; a tonsilectomy is more dangerous.

Meanwhile, Republican lawmakers act to reduce access to contraceptives and slash maternal health funding.

Pro-choice activists have rightly drawn attention to maternal mortality in recent years. But as knowledge of the issue spreads, so too does

a lie that kills women:

Giving birth is inherently dangerous, and high maternal mortality is inevitable.

Wrapped up in this lie is often a second, which is that

women die because they are unhealthy or make bad lifestyle choices.

Depending which study you believe, between

60 and 85% of maternal deaths are preventable.

No matter how you parse the data, one thing is certain:

a whole lot of women are dying because we have chosen not to do enough to fix maternal mortality.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...detail=emailLL

You alt-right KKK assholes want only white women to be popping out pure white babies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Ruling Against Alabama’s Abortion Ban, Federal Judge Doesn’t Mince Words

“Alabama’s abortion ban contravenes clear Supreme Court precedent,” Judge Thompson wrote.

“It violates the right of an individual to privacy,

to make 'choices central to personal dignity and autonomy.'

It diminishes 'the capacity of women to act in society, and to make reproductive decisions.'

It defies the United States Cons ution.”

https://rewire.news/article/2019/10/29/in-ruling-against-alabamas-abortion-ban-federal-judge-doesnt-mince-words/

Judge is black in hole Alabama. Will he be impeached, or murdered by Bible-humpers?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hidden Link Between Domestic Violence and Abortion

Anti-choice restrictions have direct and harmful effects on people in domestic violence situations,

especially those seeking abortion care without their abuser’s knowledge.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/10/24/the-hidden-link-between-domestic-violence-and-abortion/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    red / slave state / rape caucus / vagina-obsessed-creepy Repug misogyny

Missouri Health Director Tracked Planned Parenthood Patients’ Periods On Spreadsheet

The efforts to track menstrual cycles were part of a larger investigation into claims of unsafe practices at the state’s lone abortion clinic, according to the official.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/missouri-health-official-planned-parenthood-periods_n_5db8a9dbe4b0bb1ea370e116

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christian misogynists/supremacists

Meet Brett Giroir, the Anti-Choice Advocate Temporarily In Charge of the FDA

Nov 6, 2019, 1:07pmAlly Boguhn
    “I’m alarmed that Dr. Giroir will step in as Acting Commissioner given his track record of letting ideology drive decisions at the expense of women and families,"

Under the Trump administration,

the FDA has elevated anti-choice policy,

cracking down on self-managed abortion care website
    AidAccess and

fetal tissue research.

Now, reproductive health and rights advocates worry that Giroir’s new duties at the FDA could have a detrimental
    effect on related policy given his record.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/11/06/meet-brett-giroir-the-anti-choice-advocate-temporarily-in-charge-of-the-fda/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my only questions for those who are die-hard libs, what's "reproductive" about murdering babies? what's planned parenthood other than planning to end a life and not parent at all?

a lot of the protest vids i see are filled with menopausal women who can't have kids anyhow and a bunch of pussy ass male feminists crying over abortion "rights".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow you're really ignorant and lazy.

Those questions are easily found on the Google

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow you're really ignorant and lazy.

Those questions are easily found on the Google
    funny, when i say the same i'm told i'm a dip and whatnot but you gots get to peddle the ol' "google it" but no one else huh?

as well, i doubt those questions are easily found on google. if anything, only ads for UNplanned parenthood are found on google. if i wanted to google i could've but i wanted to hear from gots like you but you raised the white flag like always.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘This Fight Has Existential Stakes’: How a Court Ruling Has Thrown Kansas Abortion Laws Into Flux

Kansas Supreme Court ruling that abortion is a fundamental right !!! W T F

has sent anti-choice organizations and lawmakers scrambling.

The court’s decision means abortion restrictions must be evaluated more stringently than the undue burden standard used at the federal level.

And it means

the right to an abortion in Kansas is protected even if Roe v. Wade is overturned by conservative justices on the U.S. Supreme Court.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/11/...aws-into-flux/

Thread Information