Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I completely forgot about Rome. I was interested in that show before it was cancelled, and completely blanked on it after that. Is it worth watching what they did get around to making?
    It was incredibly rushed and a lot of storylines were just dropped, but it's not bad.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Freaks and Geeks was a big one. But it's also a great complete season of TV on its own, with a very satisfying ending. Actually one of my favorite series finales ever, whether they knew it was the last episode or not.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Freaks and Geeks was a big one. But it's also a great complete season of TV on its own, with a very satisfying ending. Actually one of my favorite series finales ever, whether they knew it was the last episode or not.
    It might've fizzled before too long if it had been renewed. But it was a ball-less decision to cancel it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    its pretty recent but was disappointed to hear that they cut off Catastrophe. season 3 wasn't as good as 1 or 2 but it was still one of the funnier active shows around

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of new shows, I would have liked to see Crashing on HBO get a couple more seasons.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was incredibly rushed and a lot of storylines were just dropped, but it's not bad.
    Were those defects a result of them knowing that they were going to be cancelled?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Were those defects a result of them knowing that they were going to be cancelled?
    Yes. They shoved almost three season's worth of story into one. Granted, it did eschew some of the nonhistorical storylines I wasn't crazy about anyway, but the change of pace to hyperspeed from s1 to s2 is jarring.

HBO did kind of realize their mistake and there was always more story to tell in a movie or whatever, but the awesome set they made had already burned up by the time they realized it.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Another one I'd like to add to this list is Kitchen Nightmares. I loved that .

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Speaking of new shows, I would have liked to see Crashing on HBO get a couple more seasons.
    As far as HBO... I remember being 13 and watching every episode of "Tell Me You Love Me" and getting my new boner on... why'd they have to cancel that after one season?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Not a great show, but Marvel’s Agent Carter was pretty solid tbh
    Also had cameos from Howard Stark and Arnim Zola

And for those who didn’t watch it, the Jarvis you saw in Avengers : Endgame was in Agent Carter

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes. They shoved almost three season's worth of story into one. Granted, it did eschew some of the nonhistorical storylines I wasn't crazy about anyway, but the change of pace to hyperspeed from s1 to s2 is jarring.

HBO did kind of realize their mistake and there was always more story to tell in a movie or whatever, but the awesome set they made had already burned up by the time they realized it.
    That's pretty tragic. You mentioned historical storylines. Do you know how well-researched the show was?

Thread Information