Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The flyover states have become the passed over states.

That’s why red state voters are so pissed off.

They don’t hate us,

they want to be us.

They want to go to the party.

It’s like we’re the British royal family,

and they’re Meghan Markle’s dad.’

“The blue parts of America are having a big prosperity party,

while that big sea of red feels like their invitation got lost in the mail.

And they still use the mail,” he said.

“They turn on the TV and all the shows take place in a few hip cities,

there’s no ‘Real Housewives of Toledo’ or

‘CSI: Lubbock.’

“Amazon picked two places that didn’t need them at all,” he said. “Bezos, you’re worth $130 billion, take one for the team.

Stop playing cities off against one another and help a dying one come back to life.”

red states are “going to keep getting angrier and crazier” if they keep getting left behind. He envisioned

what Amazon West Virginia would mean for that state’s population, for instance.

“People get better jobs that don’t give them black lung,” Maher quipped.

“The locals meet people of different races and backgrounds and sexual orientations, none of whom kill them...

Before you know it there’s legal weed and

decent healthcare and

the schools are teaching science again.”

https://www.marke ch.com/story/bill-maher-red-states-wish-they-were-us-2019-02-24?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_ campaign=zergnet_4103853

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=s0oeeXjyHiw

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-19-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blue America prosperity party? What a load. Blue America is a hole just like Red America with ridiculous housing, prescription drug, medical, and education costs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blue America prosperity party? What a load. Blue America is a hole just like Red America with ridiculous housing, prescription drug, medical, and education costs.
    Compared to rural AmeriKKKa, urban/suburban America is as Maher says, in comedy terms and show biz exaggeration.

Rural America has been depopulating for 100+ years, urbanization, kids don't want to be dirt farmers, so migrate to where the opportunity, education, money and life are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compared to rural AmeriKKKa, urban/suburban America is as Maher says, in comedy terms and show biz exaggeration.

Rural America has been depopulating for 100+ years, urbanization, kids don't want to be dirt farmers, so migrate to where the opportunity, education, money and life are
    Boo, you should get out of your mamma's trailer more. Big red Texas is doing quite well.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boo, you should get out of your mamma's trailer more. Big red Texas is doing quite well.
    Texas is actually one of the few exceptions in certain areas and pretty awful in others like the number of insured adults. Otherwise, Maher isn't that far off in reality.
    Last edited by UnWantedTheory; 05-20-2019 at 01:42 AM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

You make it about race but then try and include ethnic areas along with the prosperity. We both know Maher lives in some 90% white and conservative voting community far away from the "different races and backgrounds and sexual orientations".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge e in peri-natal deaths (but not of insured white women and their precious babies) in hole TX and then bag Repugs wonder why, after their policies, laws, rules forced the closures of providers of health care to poor women.

Expand Medicaid in Repug hole TX?

no, white, male Christ-loving Repugs want poor people to suffer and die.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Lufkin and Dimmit are the places everyone wants to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and of course there's Texas v Azar

and SBOE

and Christian dominionists / Taliban with their Christian Sharia

the corrupt, elected (bought) SCOTX

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the kind of stuck up elitism that keeps rural America red. And it ignores the significant number of rural progressives who, though they may not be a majority in their areas, are a lot more on the front lines of the progressive movement than this tool.

Maher is a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the kind of stuck up elitism that keeps rural America red. And it ignores the significant number of rural progressives who, though they may not be a majority in their areas, are a lot more on the front lines of the progressive movement than this tool.

Maher is a .
    he's pretty richard dawkins-esque

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rural progressives who, though they may not be a majority in their areas, are a lot more on the front lines of the progressive movement than this tool.
    any evidence? links?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any evidence? links?
    I don't understand what evidence you're asking for. Are you asking if there is evidence that any progressives inhabit rural areas?

The most Republican district in the country is TX-13. 16.9% of that district voted for Hillary Clinton. So that suggests almost 2 out of 10 voters in that district are liberal, and the numbers are higher in other Red districts. They live and work around people who are mostly opposed to them ideologically. The same can't be said about Maher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TX-13, 80 Repug - 20 Den, so the non-Repugs are insignificant, and have been for 45 years.

has nothing to with Maher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TX-13, 80 Repug - 20 Den, so the non-Repugs are insignificant, and have been for 45 years.

has nothing to with Maher
    Maher's ting on that 20% has everything to do with Maher.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maher's ting on that 20% has everything to do with Maher.
    I agree he shouldn't alienate that 20%, but it still doesn't mean Maher is far off in reality. He is correct regarding a vast majority of the population in those areas, but having segments on it definitely isn't helping anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy to pretend to be the smartest man in the room when you have 10-15 staff writers.

Bill Maher is to comedy and intellectualism as Trump is to business and politics; failed terribly at the former, lucked into a bunch of idiots he fooled into thinking he was qualified for the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy to pretend to be the smartest man in the room when you have 10-15 staff writers.

Bill Maher is to comedy and intellectualism as Trump is to business and politics; failed terribly at the former, lucked into a bunch of idiots he fooled into thinking he was qualified for the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, but the major cities where most of the growth is happening are all blue tbh.

As others have said, no one moves to Texas to live in Three Rivers, Lubbock, or other holes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maher is a .
    Agree with this. I watch his show from time to time. Some of his guest are great, but he comes off as a whiny elitist tbh. John Oliver’s show is actually much better at giving an unbiased view of facts while still being funny

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "stuck up elitism that keeps rural America red"

rural America is kept red by ignorance, low education, religion, racism, retrograde, naive culture.

Red/slave states, rural counties elect Repugs and Trash.

They are the major causes of the stagnation and decline of America because they keep electing Repugs who are now nothing but s of the oligarchy. Repugs haven't done ANYTHING for red/slave/rural states but them over, and all the Repugs intentions are to keep ing them over.

How NOT to look down on people who keep voting masochistically, for decades, to screw themselves over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maher is nothing but an idiot elitist propagandist.

A horse of BS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

rural America is kept red by ignorance, low education, religion, racism, retrograde, naive culture.

They are the major causes of the stagnation and decline of America because they keep electing Repugs who are now nothing but s of the oligarchy. Repugs haven't done ANYTHING for red/slave/rural states but them over, and all the Repugs intentions are to keep ing them over.

How NOT to look down on people who keep voting masochistically, for decades, to screw themselves over?

People like you are the one's who give your "side" a bad name and a major reason your "side" loses to these "low educated" people you can't mention without busting a vein. Settle down, re .

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Where does the growing poor, non educated and ignorant ethnic population fall within your 2 Americas? Oops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information