Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The College Board plans to assign an adversity score to every student who takes the SAT to try to capture their social and economic background, jumping into the debate raging over race and class in college admissions.

This new number, called an adversity score by college admissions officers, is calculated using 15 factors including the crime rate and poverty levels from the student’s high school and neighborhood. Students won’t be told the scores, but colleges will see the numbers when reviewing their applications."

"The College Board began developing the tool in 2015 because colleges were asking for more objective data on students’ backgrounds, said Ms. Betterton. Several college admissions officers said they worry the Supreme Court may disallow race-based affirmative action. If that happens, the value of the tool would rise, they said.

“The purpose is to get to race without using race,” said Anthony Carnevale, director of Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sat-to-...nd-11557999000

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, with all of the adversity you've been subjected to as a white male, your score would have been like 4000!

Born at the wrong time, I guess. Poor you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Admissions officers sort this sort of thing out. Test scores aren't everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I would rather be governed by the first 1000 people listed in the phone book, than the faculty of Harvard and Yale."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The College Board plans to assign an adversity score to every student who takes the SAT to try to capture their social and economic background, jumping into the debate raging over race and class in college admissions.

This new number, called an adversity score by college admissions officers, is calculated using 15 factors including the crime rate and poverty levels from the student’s high school and neighborhood. Students won’t be told the scores, but colleges will see the numbers when reviewing their applications."

"The College Board began developing the tool in 2015 because colleges were asking for more objective data on students’ backgrounds, said Ms. Betterton. Several college admissions officers said they worry the Supreme Court may disallow race-based affirmative action. If that happens, the value of the tool would rise, they said.

“The purpose is to get to race without using race,” said Anthony Carnevale, director of Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sat-to-...nd-11557999000
    So there is no racial factor whatsoever?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So there is no racial factor whatsoever?
    “The purpose is to get to race without using race,”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The purpose is to get to race without using race,”
    "Penalizing whites and Asians for their backgrounds"

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Penalizing whites and Asians for their backgrounds"
    "Penalizing" the rich, which are Nathan and Darrin's true overlords.

This approach is definitely preferable to race-based initiatives.

Thread Information