Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Just ridiculous legislation. This is one of the reasons I’m not a republican.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how will we fund foster homes and children shelters that will be full of unwanted babies?

How will we fund an increase of government assistance programs for these children born to poor families?
    Funny can kill babies but let’s keep people that kill people alive in prison tell they die of nature causes

Overcrowded prisons now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ridiculous legislation. This is one of the reasons I’m not a republican.
    If you live in Portland you will not have to worry about this there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny can kill babies but let’s keep people that kill people alive in prison tell they die of nature causes

Overcrowded prisons now
    Speak English

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Overcrowded prisons now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Those Chromosomes And All That’: AL GOP Fumbles Medical Basics Before Abortion Ban

In the debate before the vote, the lawmakers revealed a lack of basic knowledge about the medical foundations — or lack thereof — of their legislation.

House Bill 314 is the most restrictive abortion ban in the country.

Without any exception for cases of rape or incest —
    even for 11-year-olds — it bars all “abortion and attempted abortion” by women “known” to be pregnant,

penalizing doctors with up to 99 years in prison for performing the procedure.

The time before a woman “is known” to be pregnant, he said,

“gives them that window of time. This bill does not change that window of time.

Once that person is known to be pregnant, then this bill will take effect.”

“You can’t know that immediately. It takes some time for all those chromosomes and all that.”

Days or weeks elapse between fertilization and positive pregnancy tests, Democratic lawmakers pointed out.

And what of eggs fertilized in labs?

If abortions are outlawed in cases of “known” pregnancy — as early as a fertilized egg, according to Chambliss —

should
    fertilized eggs that have yet to be injected into a woman’s uterus have legal protections?

The Republican state senator revealed his real argument:

The bill does not address all potential children, but rather women’s bodies.

“The egg in the lab doesn’t apply,” Chambliss said. “It’s not in a woman. She’s not pregnant.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/alabama-republican-abortion-ban-known-pregnancy?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

So the misogynist Repugs don't give a about protecting embryos (ie, after conception)

but only about punishing women carrying embryos.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-15-2019 at 03:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sad that black women won't be killing all those black babies. Amirite?
    lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The women victimized by the so-called Christian pro-birthers are poor, mostly non-white, so their kids will be born poor, disadvantaged, ty schools, and, in USA, will die poor.
    Oh, the humanity! Having to not be born with a silver spoon in their mouths!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they do have a silver sppon from birth til death... being a citizen of the USA is more than most have in this world. Plus the dream is still alive and all can achieve it if they're inclined to whether dirt poor or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how loons like bouts are all sjw'ing up in here like they really give a whether women can or cannot have an abortion. Blowhards the lot of them!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GWhy in schools they must teach Spanish

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ouch.
    And graphic.

How can you advocate for the right to kill unborn babies but then scream in disgust at the sight of a metallic coin hopper stretching my veiny foreskin taut and translucent like a bat’s wing?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G

Why in schools they must teach Spanish
    Spanish in schools they must why teach

Any order will do.
    Proceed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it will get struck down for sure... their play is hoping that upon appeal, the supreme court will take it on and overturn roe
    There is no indication that Roberts is willing to reconsider Rov V Wade anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, really sucks that a beautiful life can come out of a bad cir stance.
    LMAO. I think we should force all of those beautiful lives on you and see how beautiful you really think it is after a few ed up incest babies. Are you seriously advocating for rape victims and incest babies to be forced to term? If so, I truly hope you move to Alabama and raise many children there. Btw, beautiful life? Says who? No one asked us if we wanted to be born, so why is all this necessary? Let me guess, you are about to go all Spurt on us and ask how would I feel if my mom had an abortion instead like all of you idiots do? The answer is, I wouldn't give a , because I would have never existed. Why is it so important to you that a fetus is forced to term? Your faith? I assume you have no issues with the death penalty or pulling the plug on the comatose right? Regardless of the reasoning, leave everyone else to their choices and if you don't believe in abortion, don't ing get one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they do have a silver sppon from birth til death... being a citizen of the USA is more than most have in this world. Plus the dream is still alive and all can achieve it if they're inclined to whether dirt poor or not.
    So you are only against abortion in the US because we have it so good? What about in some of the more ed up countries? You care about the babies there? They don't have it so well, so you prefer babies to be born to suffering I take it? I am just curious where the line is for you ing idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Overcrowded prisons now
    Oh, the hypocrisy here. Btw, you can thank the war on drugs and it's ridiculous laws for our overcrowded prison population much more than murderers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your takes are as ed up as pfarten's

statistically, if are you aren't born "beautiful" you won't become beautiful. Check with non-Euro-white, non-males in USA for verification.

making govt policy for 100Ms of people shouldn't be dominated by the 1 in 1000 cases.

unwanted children who aren't accepted by at least their mother, will statistically, be disadvantaged.

and the so-called Christians who criminalize abortions won't spend $0.01 on such kids, won't even feed or house them when they are food- and rent-stressed, will deny them Medicaid.
    Yeah, but they sure as preach accountability while they force like this on the population don't they? They act as if disadvantaged people or s bag parents are automatically going to be great because they prevented an abortion. In reality, the kid they forced to be born will grow up starving and continue the cycle. All the while these dumb s pat themselves on the back for doing what they perceive to be the will of an invisible sky fairy, that most of the time they claim not to understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those Alabama crackers. Thats just ing dumb.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Even Pat Robertson says they went too far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I thought that was funny. Good thing our legislature is just about over for the year so they don't jump on the bandwagon and make asses of themselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because he thinks AL and GA have hurt chances of SCOTUS5 annulling R v W

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, I thought that was funny. Good thing our legislature is just about over for the year so they don't jump on the bandwagon and make asses of themselves.
    Eh, they just revived the Chick-fil-a bill so don't count them out yet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thread Information