Post Count

Dylan Windler

School: Belmont
    Position: SF
    Height: 6-foot-8
    Weight: 200
    Wingspan: 6-foot-11
    Draft Range: 28 to 45

Why: Was outstanding as a senior at Belmont: 21.3 points and 10.8 rebounds on 54% from the floor, 42.9% on threes and 84.7% at the line. Has deeeeep range with an effortless left-handed stroke. Good passer when stationary. Doesn't take many bad shots. A solid B+ athlete: runs well, jumps well, shifty. Amazing rebounding numbers for a perimeter player due to lightning quick reflexes and good anticipation. Has good length and uses it well on the defensive end. Didn't start concentrating on basketball until a senior at high school so could have room for growth.

Why Not: Sometimes got bottled up against better compe ion, hence the big question: How much of his success was due to being a senior at a lower compe ion level? Not a playmaker or shot creator. While a good athlete, has two flaws: not quick and not strong -- and that hurts on the next level. It's not entirely clear what position he'd play in the NBA: good rebounder but doesn't have strength for PF, good shooter but might not have quickness to play out on the perimeter.

Spurs Fit: He'd start the year in Austin but could be given a shot in the rotation during the season if all goes well in the G-League. To fit with the rest of the youngsters, Spurs would probably try to make him a SF.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Brent Barry, more rebounding and less passing

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Derrick Dial

College Stats
    Highlight Video
    Tankathon Profile
    NBA.com Profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long live derrick dial

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent was an amazing role player and a tough guy to guard mainly because he could put the ball down. He was also an A class athlete.

Ive seen a few highlights of this dude and He's already less athletic than 30 year old Brent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “White Americans in the first round

- HH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future fan favorite tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non athletic white 3pt shooting undersized PF? I hate him already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non athletic white 3pt shooting undersized PF? I hate him already.
    I hated him when I read the name “Dylan”. That’s all I needed to know what we’re dealing with here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dion of the Belmonts. :vomit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No more gingers!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for all the reviews.

Cant wait till we grab one of these guys and we can look back to reflect on these reports. Always fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not high on this guy at all but I'm waiting for the obligatory: "sure we can get him at 29" from those that believe a top 5 talent is guarenteed to fall to 19. Honestly this guy is closer to what we'll end up with than the lottery talent unless we trade up.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can improve his strength. But not sure about his quickness?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His athleticism is an issue for someone that almost has to be a wing. I feel like B+ was a stretch for him. Watching him, I always felt that he looked unathletic even compared to college opposition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hated him when I read the name “Dylan”. That’s all I needed to know what we’re dealing with here.
    cause he spits hot fire?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not high on this guy at all but I'm waiting for the obligatory: "sure we can get him at 29" from those that believe a top 5 talent is guarenteed to fall to 19. Honestly this guy is closer to what we'll end up with than the lottery talent unless we trade up.
    Supposedly PATFO had Lonnie in their top 10 and he fell to 18. So while top 5 is a stretch, top 10 on PATFO's board isn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've mentioned before when his name comes up, I think his rebounding is overrated. Of the top 6 MPG players on that squad, he plays with a 6'11" center who's not a strong rebounder, and 4 guys who are 6'4" and under... Effectively he's their PF, not SF. His rebounding is good for a NCAA PF, but not NBA level great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good pick at 29 tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the comments in here. Lmao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never heard of him but he looks cerebral. Should be able to adapt to the system fairly quickly.
    Brent was so good here from 2004-2007. Would be great to get another version at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never heard of him but he looks cerebral. Should be able to adapt to the system fairly quickly.
    Brent was so good here from 2004-2007. Would be great to get another version at 29.
    Brent was actually sneaky athletic. He won the freaking slam dunk contest in warmups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent was an amazing role player and a tough guy to guard mainly because he could put the ball down. He was also an A class athlete.
    Barry's athletic peak was far in his rear view mirror by the time he was in S.A. He rarely drove the ball to the basket anymore and I wouldn't classify him as a tough guy to guard, tbh. Smart player, great shooter, very good instincts, could do a bit of everything but also passive and deferential.

But yeah, Barry was probably still more athletic than Windler. Windler didn't need to use his athleticism much at Belmont but when he did, I was pleasantly surprised. His combine numbers will be telling. If they're good enough, he could lock in a first round spot, IMO. If they're bad, he could still be on the board at 49.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry's athletic peak was far in his rear view mirror by the time he was in S.A. He rarely drove the ball to the basket anymore and I wouldn't classify him as a tough guy to guard, tbh. Smart player, great shooter, very good instincts, could do a bit of everything but also passive and deferential.

But yeah, Barry was probably still more athletic than Windler. Windler didn't need to use his athleticism much at Belmont but when he did, I was pleasantly surprised. His combine numbers will be telling. If they're good enough, he could lock in a first round spot, IMO. If they're bad, he could still be on the board at 49.
    My point is Brent Barry coming out of college was a lot more athletic. If hes only as athletic as a 30 year old barry..thats a really bad sign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but the times they are a'changin'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me Mike Miller from highlights...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly PATFO had Lonnie in their top 10 and he fell to 18. So while top 5 is a stretch, top 10 on PATFO's board isn't.
    I hear you and actually agree. We should talk about those guys that might fall like Walker did (I actually just read somewhere this week that they almost traded up to 11 to get him when he fell out of the top 10 but waited and got him anyway).

My point is that that type of situation is not the norm so we can't write off guys who are far more realistic options and only focus on pipe dreams. If a guy falls to us, great, but we do need to discuss these practical picks also and not ignore them because they aren't lottery talents.

Thread Information