Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic, Pozingis, Zion, Morant and potentially AD staying put..While Rockets still have Harden locked-up for years..

We are the only team in the division that doesn't have a high-end All Star, a Superstar or someone with that potential..

Regular season wins-- which affect seedings-- are going to be hard to come by in the in the near future when you have to meet those teams 4 times a year..

From a Spurs point of view, last night lottery was a bad outcome for our future outlook.

Would have been nice to have the Pelicans and Grizzlies as a divisional punching bag for the next half decade, but alas.
    Last edited by spursistan; 05-15-2019 at 12:35 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets also have an aging Chris Paul clearly in decline and they still owe him a ton of money. I wouldn't say they're in a good position. I'd rather have Derrick White/Dejounte/Walker right now on their rookie contracts than Chris Paul.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis

The rockets are old af with zero flexibility i see harden being moved in a couple years if they continue to flame out in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hope AD burnt that bridge pretty well and he gets moved East..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, huh, I remember the good days when Dallas made a team to beat us, OKC had three Hall of famers on their team, when the pelicans ruined our seeding, when Tracy mcgrady scored 100pts in nine seconds,. I mean I totally expect all this young talent to develop into all Stars overnight

Sucks to watch exciting games. Wish the Spurs could play in the wnba instead. Nothing is fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis

The rockets are old af with zero flexibility i see harden being moved in a couple years if they continue to flame out in the playoffs
    Dude I would not laugh at MEM. I love JJJ and getting #2 is a big win. If they can net anything in a Conley deal they have a nice young core potentially

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on the flip side Memphis. Oh yeah Ja Morant and his point god nonsense is really a threat. AD is gone before the end of the next season. Houston owes 43 million ing dollars to the corpse of Chris Paul. And Porzingis has a rape trial to attend plus he just got his ass kicked by some Russians. Also the small matter of the dude NEVER being healthy. We will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But while on the surface this is true SA has reason to be excited. Their youth is promising, flexibility is right around the corner and if need be they can get assets for LMA and DeRozan.

They have all their picks, including 2 this year and with a few good off seasons can be in a pretty good spot.

But no doubt SW Division stays ridiculously good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude I would not laugh at MEM. I love JJJ and getting #2 is a big win. If they can net anything in a Conley deal they have a nice young core potentially
    Yep..the key word in the OP is "soon". If the Grizz can hire a smart and competent FO, their future is looking up..

It sucks for SA that the Pelicans/Memphis could have really gone to the ter for few years and we wouldn't have to worry about them.
    Last edited by spursistan; 05-15-2019 at 12:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep..the key word in the OP is "soon". If the Grizz can hire a smart and competent FO, their future is looking up..

It sucks for the SA that the Pelicans/Memphis could have really gone to the ter for few years and we wouldn't have to worry about them.
    Yup. Is what it is. West stays winning. Let’s hope NO holds firm on not trading with Lakers and AD goes East. KD goes east. Kawhi IS a Clipper so that’s done but if KD and AD leave it will help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry, we have the 19th and 29th pick to kick everyone's asses!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Zion, it's mostly a crap shoot. The Spurs could easily wind up with someone like Brandon Clarke, who might turn out to be better than a bunch of lottery picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Harden will be 30 next season. What's his window as a top notch all star? 3 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember division winners no longer receive any reward in the seedings.
    Spurs still have to play 10 of the other conference teams 3-4 times every year.

I think the math is:
    4 division opponents x4 = 16 gms
    6 intraconference x4 = 24 gms
    4 intraconference x 3 = 12 gms

Hurts the Spurs more that the conference keeps getting better.
    Hopefully the next phase in realignment will be seeding 1-16 postseason, which will alleviate the unevenness a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs division, going back to the Midwest Division days, has been the most talented division for like 30 straight years now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season we were like #10-11 team in the conference in terms of pure talent, and we still made the playoffs and had a real chance for WCF.
    Every team from our division has a way to explode as mentioned above. Zion and Morant aren't really proven. AD was called the best player in the league by some media before the season, and they turned out to be a lottery team.
    I think as long as Pop's here we'll be relevant. What I'm scared of is not the presence of beaten up Porzingis or overhyped Zion in the division but how we're gonna be without Pop considering coach Bud isn't leaving the Bucks any time soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on the flip side Memphis. Oh yeah Ja Morant and his point god nonsense is really a threat. AD is gone before the end of the next season. Houston owes 43 million ing dollars to the corpse of Chris Paul. And Porzingis has a rape trial to attend plus he just got his ass kicked by some Russians. Also the small matter of the dude NEVER being healthy. We will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont consider poodle,whie and murray talent

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like the prospect of the continuous development of White/Walker/Murray; any of these 3 can break out to be a star

You can't necessary buy talent; but you most certainly develop some..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Curry and MJ the greatest all time in the backcourt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is the point god tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Curry eclipsed Magic as the best all time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont worry RC will find out a gem in the rough like Bryn

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis absolutely fleeced the Raptors in the Gasol trade. Valenciunas was great for them averaging 20 & 10. Jackson Jr is an all rookie first teamer and averaged 14 points in his first season. They're drafting Ja Morant, who has a higher ceiling than IG baller and Fathead 2.0 will ever have.

Not sure why folks are clowning them tbh

Thread Information