Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might be aware there’s a US Senator that introduced a bill that would ban lootboxes and microtransactions, ostensibly for the “good of the children.”

What do you think of this idea? I would love for devs to have more roadblocks in terms of creating these types of microtransactions, but I don’t know how I feel about the government getting involved in video games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate microtransactions, but it isn't the government's place to get involved. There are ways for parents to limit or block transactions altogether if we're worried about children buying stuff.

The only way to stop this practice is to not take part in it, vote with your wallet so to speak. But people spend their money on stupid like a new Fortnite dance or a pink dildo accessory for their Roblox character, devs make tons of money, so it will continue.
    Last edited by Xevious; 05-15-2019 at 03:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't abort babies, can't buy lootboxes, what's next

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    good. micro transactions and loot boxes are ruining modern gaming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its overreach imo. not their place to step in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll ing show you a microtransaction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll ing show you a microtransaction
    nice avante impression

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm indifferent towards this move.

1, it's not going anywhere and 2, I stay well away from this kind of ery from certain game studios.

In the case of Witcher 3, I waited around 2 years to buy the complete game. 40 bucks for the full game and both the DLC's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate microtransactions, but it isn't the government's place to get involved. There are ways for parents to limit or block transactions altogether if we're worried about children buying stuff.

The only way to stop this practice is to not take part in it, vote with your wallet so to speak. But people spend their money on stupid like a new Fortnite dance or a pink dildo accessory for their Roblox character, devs make tons of money, so it will continue.
    They actually sell that in the game? I always thought the re ed dances were just included as part of your character's attributes or whatever. Could you imagine buying a Quake expansion in the 90s of just dances . Yeah, parents need to crack down and tell Little Jimmy what a profound waste of money something like that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They actually sell that in the game? I always thought the re ed dances were just included as part of your character's attributes or whatever. Could you imagine buying a Quake expansion in the 90s of just dances . Yeah, parents need to crack down and tell Little Jimmy what a profound waste of money something like that is.
    How exactly is Fortnite going to make money?

They provide a service one that kids love so much. They have to pay their staff, they have to keep their servers intact, they have to continue making players happy.

Fortnite mircotransactions is actually one of the best out there. ITS ALL COSMETICS.

The only microtransactions that needs to be gassed are microtransactions thats tied into progression.

loot boxes are essentially gambling. totally against it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So should they ban packs of baseball cards and because they’re lootboxes? Or MTG cards?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They provide a service one that kids love so much. They have to pay their staff, they have to keep their servers intact, they have to continue making players happy.

Fortnite mircotransactions is actually one of the best out there. ITS ALL COSMETICS.

The only microtransactions that needs to be gassed are microtransactions thats tied into progression.

I don't have anything against Epic games offering any and all content that they think their customers will buy, I just find it funny that people would willingly spend money on a in' dance animation or other cosmetic bull . This isn't restricted to Fortnite, either. I know an adult guy who has spent thousands on Counterstrike Go weapon skins. I don't get this "skin culture" at all. Started with Halo 3, probably. I remember players drooling over the various armors in that game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, you're right--I agree with you about Epic. I don't have a problem with cosmetic microtransactions either. But when progression is involved, I hate that. It brings the economic disparities of real life into our games. It's pretty lame when only the rich can win.

I don't want lootboxes "banned" for the simple reason that I don't want gambling banned either. But I'm not sure I'd have a problem with some degree of regulation (regulation often is key to not getting something banned outright). And bringing attention to issues involving microtransactions and lootboxes is a good thing, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with lootboxes is that its not age restricted. Or even if it is, the work around is ridiculously easy.

Its the audience.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with lootboxes is that its not age restricted. Or even if it is, the work around is ridiculously easy.

Its the audience.
    Crane games and baseball cards aren't either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pay to win or

grind to win?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pay to win or

grind to win?
    Or play a different ing game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its the audience.
    My feelings are kind of divided about the age issue. On one hand, I agree about protecting the children. On the other hand, I also know that “protecting the children” when it comes to video games has in the past resulted in freak-outs which went way beyond the pale. Mostly I just hope that this leads to people at all levels (government and the general public) becoming more informed about the issues rather than panicking without learning the details.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    If somebody wants to buy a skin, more power to them. Lootboxes need to go, though. They are complete bull .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If somebody wants to buy a skin, more power to them. Lootboxes need to go, though. They are complete bull .
    I agree. Buying a skin hasn't harmed anyone's gaming experience, only their wallet, and that's up to them.

Thread Information