Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id rather trade up for a James Harden than stay pat for a Kyle Anderson
    There is no James Harden in this draft. Not this kid. Not any other kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porter was interviewed on ESPN's NBA Combine coverage this afternoon. He came across well. (Definitely well-spoken compared to many of the other lottery interviewees.)

The white individual who was not Jay Bilas commented that Porter was "the most gifted live-dribble scorer in this draft."

Here are the combine numbers that they put on screen:

Max Vertical 34" 3rd for SGs

Standing Vertical 27" 3rd for SGs

Lane Agility 10.82 sec 2nd for SGs

3/4 Court Sprint 3.21 sec 2nd for SGs

Shuttle Run 3.03 sec 1st for SGs
    Looking at his combine numbers really makes me appreciate even more how athletic Lonnie Walker is. Lonnie's numbers blow this guys out the water. Lol

Last years draft had way better athletes overall
    Last edited by D-Robinson 50 fan; 05-17-2019 at 05:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at his combine numbers really makes me appreciate even more how athletic Lonnie Walker is. Lonnie's numbers blow this guys out the water. Lol

Last years draft had way better athletes overall
    I saw later numbers in which Porter's standing among the SGs dropped.

In other words, Porter was 1st in the shuttle run at the time I posted but dropped some after more participants ran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance he could fall to the spurs at 19 or would they have to trade up to get him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty impressed the more I watch him. High ceiling ... on both ends really. Really sturdily built and athletic. It wouldn't be a stretch for him to turn into a top 5 SG. There's also a lot of bust potential due to his character red flags but he'd be difficult to pass on at 19, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty impressed the more I watch him. High ceiling ... on both ends really. Really sturdily built and athletic. It wouldn't be a stretch for him to turn into a top 5 SG. There's also a lot of bust potential due to his character red flags but he'd be difficult to pass on at 19, IMO.
    He could be DDR with a 3 point shot and better defense(let say it's a Jerry Steakhouse type), or ends up a Wayne Selden type bench player if he's not put it all together, him and Cam Reddish are the most boom or bust prospect in the draft...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you draft Porter there will be a need to trade Walker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you draft Porter there will be a need to trade Walker...
    Nah, you keep White, Murray and Walker since:

1) Not all four guys are going to pan out. At least one of them will bust. The Spurs are good drafters but they aren't perfect.

2) With the league getting smaller, you can probably get away with playing three of them at any given time. If not today then probably tomorrow, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you keep White, Murray and Walker since:

1) Not all four guys are going to pan out. At least one of them will bust. The Spurs are good drafters but they aren't perfect.

2) With the league getting smaller, you can probably get away with playing three of them at any given time. If not today then probably tomorrow, tbh.
    But they might not have room to grow together as they same type of project and might better to focus on one as not enough minutes to try develop both... I'm more believer in Porter than Walker, if you draft Porter at #19 I think it better to trade Walker for other value, maybe package him with #29 to move up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be DDR with a 3 point shot and better defense(let say it's a Jerry Steakhouse type), or ends up a Wayne Selden type bench player if he's not put it all together, him and Cam Reddish are the most boom or bust prospect in the draft...
    So a young JR Smith?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is more a JR Smith...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they might not have room to grow together as they same type of project and might better to focus on one as not enough minutes to try develop both... I'm more believer in Porter than Walker, if you draft Porter at #19 I think it better to trade Walker for other value, maybe package him with #29 to move up...
    I’m curious why you feel Porter will be the better player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m curious why you feel Porter will be the better player?
    it's not that I'm that high on Porter, it's more that I'm very low on Walker, both are gamble, but Porter seems to have better feel for the game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not that I'm that high on Porter, it's more that I'm very low on Walker, both are gamble, but Porter seems to have better feel for the game...
    It sucks but I have to agree... But i think the Spurs would hate letting go of someone they developed for a year. Backcourt would be so crowded if we keep both though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you feel Walker doesn’t have a good feel for the game. Hopefully he has learned a lot from the coaching staff and teammates

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you feel Walker doesn’t have a good feel for the game. Hopefully he has learned a lot from the coaching staff and teammates
    To be fair, Dejounte had no feel for the game either in his first year. He was always lost on defense that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would you only take him if he falls to 19 or he worth trading up for? Do you think he will still be there at 19 due to his character issues?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mere mention of SJ's brain tells me the FO wouldn't touch this kid with the 49th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Stephen Jackson ever outgrow young and stupid?
    In his case he's progressively become stupider IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ called this kid the best player in the upcoming draft on instagram.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ called this kid the best player in the upcoming draft on instagram.
    Welp, so much for Dejounte's second career being a draft savant. Oh well, he'll just have to be a good basketball player...

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have mixed feelings on taking him, although he will likely spend next year in Austin. That being said, Belineli and Forbes will be free agents after next year too. so after a year in Austin, he could replace one of them. The Spurs would have the best collection of siz and athletic, defensive guards in two years. Not a bad situation to be in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would you only take him if he falls to 19 or he worth trading up for? Do you think he will still be there at 19 due to his character issues?
    Given the character issues, I don't think he's worth trading up to pick.

As for the character issues, I've heard conflicting reports. Some say he was just upset about his role. Others say weed, alcohol, partying and missed practices led to him getting suspended. He's good enough to overlook a minor issue or two but he's not good to draft if he's a basket case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the character issues, I don't think he's worth trading up to pick.

As for the character issues, I've heard conflicting reports. Some say he was just upset about his role. Others say weed, alcohol, partying and missed practices led to him getting suspended. He's good enough to overlook a minor issue or two but he's not good to draft if he's a basket case.
    One report I heard from the combine interviews was that he has the reputation of a somewhat selfish player and when asked what he needed to do to change his game was to just keep doing what he’s doing. Not the most encouraging answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information