Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't label him a full choker since he does have a FMVP outplaying the best player in the world in the series, but since that 2014 run, his playoff history has been spotty. Let's see:

2015, high expectations for the Spurs to finally go to back-to-back. Kawhi has emerged as the face of the club. Best player in the world label thrown around a bit after a stellar game 3. Outplayed by Matt Barnes in Game 7, and had a terrible final 3 games to end the series.

2016. yeah LMA is coming to town! le favorites at the beginning of the season, even with the emergence of Golden State. Spurs absolutely stomp the out of the Thunder in Game 1 of the WCSF. Game 2 the Spurs lose by 1. Leonard? 14 points on 7-18 shooting. In the closeout game 6, he went 9-23 for 22 points. He was also 7-19 in a critical game 4 loss.

2017 is obviously an incomplete.

2018, ed out from the post-season. Insight into his mental for ude?

2019. Remains to be seen, and he's been very good thus far, but the Raps haven't played any real teams till now, and his performance tonight was mediocre. And he salvaged a 16-39 choke job in game 7 against Philly with, let's be honest, a lucky shot.

I'm not saying he isn't a championship centerpiece, he is. But he definitely needs a big balls player as his wingman to hit big shots and turn in efficient performances when he reverts to that player that was outplayed by Matt Barnes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's always struggled against teams that have good shot blockers and rim protectors. Clippers and Thunder both had that in '15 and '16. The current Bucks team is number 1 in blocks per game this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He choked in 2015 and 2016.

Right now in this series vs the Bucks, Kawhi is out of gas. That's why he's playing poorly.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly did not shoot well tonight nor in Game 7 from last series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's always struggled against teams that have good shot blockers and rim protectors. Clippers and Thunder both had that in '15 and '16. The current Bucks team is number 1 in blocks per game this year.
    Yep, teams with length shrink the court on him and exploit his lack of play-making and tunnel vision and overall touch around the rim.. He ends up going full Kobe, vomiting one low-percentage fadeaway after the other..

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LeBron averaged 29-8 on a ridiculously good shooting percentage that series. Iguodala played LJ better in 2015 than Kawhi did in '14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he does have a FMVP outplaying the best player in the world in the series
    Myth, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes known as a clutch player now though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how fast things change; hate to see it. Kawhi stamina now being questioned. People pissed that he rested all season just to flame out after playing big minutes.

Also, the “can’t believe SA threw in Danny for free” fans now cursing Danny’s name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy with the “CP3 is the best closer since Jordan” thread talking about who is and isn’t clutch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy with the “CP3 is the best closer since Jordan” thread talking about who is and isn’t clutch
    Chris Paul was a monster closer when I made that thread. His clutch stats (performance +/- 5 points with 5 minutes left) were otherworldly. CP3 hater CN even called him the "The Point God."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-nba-today

Kawhi has yet to have a standout post-season series since the 2014 Finals, getting outplayed by the likes of Matt Barnes along the way. One lucky shot doesn't that. If he can lead Toronto past Milwaukee while being the best player on the Raptors (outplayed by Kyle Lowry last game), I'll change my tune.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi is carrying the Raptors. If not for him, they'd be shining shoes like the Spurs. He is allowed to have one bad game here and there. mid should be ashamed of himself for slandering this man in a thread like this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chris Paul was a monster closer when I made that thread. His clutch stats (performance +/- 5 points with 5 minutes left) were otherworldly. CP3 hater CN even called him the "The Point God."

Kawhi has yet to have a standout post-season series since the 2014 Finals , getting outplayed by the likes of Matt Barnes along the way. One lucky shot doesn't that. If he can lead Toronto past Milwaukee while being the best player on the Raptors (outplayed by Kyle Lowry last game), I'll change my tune.
    Gotta stop you right here. The only player outscoring him is KD. No other player is the defender he is. Sure, last game it took him 39 shots to will the Raps to a win but he was the only one that showed up for that game 7.

He's in for it this series. They all are. The Bucks are for real son. They are the EC version of the Dubs with arguably better defense. Wouldn't surprise me to see a Dub vs Bucks Finals tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is carrying the Raptors. If not for him, they'd be shining shoes like the Spurs. He is allowed to have one bad game here and there. mid should be ashamed of himself for slandering this man in a thread like this.
    You can cut it out. He's not coming to the Lakers. I said he's been very good, but against the Magic and Sixers. Now the rubber hits the road. This is where superstars define themselves.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You can cut it out. He's not coming to the Lakers . I said he's been very good, but against the Magic and Sixers. Now the rubber hits the road. This is where superstars define themselves.

Where was this slander when he wore silver and black?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sining shoes? WTF are you talking about?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sining shoes? WTF are you talking about?
    What time are the Spurs playing tonight? What? They not playing? They must be at home shining shoes...just like the Lakers.

Taken out by _enver. Lakers would never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where was this slander when he wore silver and black?
    I endlessly criticized him for getting outplayed by Matt Barnes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What time are the Spurs playing tonight? What? They not playing? They must be at home shining shoes...just like the Lakers.

Taken out by _enver. Lakers would never.
    Our team still has dignity...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a ing idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013: Missed a crucial FT near the end of game 6, we know how that ended

Really, outside of 2014, he’s been a no show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2015 I guess he should have gone for more steals.
    Like stealing the ball from Parker?

Then the CIA Pop quit on the final play.
    Rigged ref blows whistle during play to set up the redo. Reveals exactly what play the Spurs were going to run.
    Instead of setting up another play Craig CIA Pop pouts and runs the same play. Clippers stuff it. Ya that is Kawhis fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi has yet to have a standout post-season series since the 2014 Finals, getting outplayed by the likes of Matt Barnes along the way. One lucky shot doesn't that. If he can lead Toronto past Milwaukee while being the best player on the Raptors (outplayed by Kyle Lowry last game), I'll change my tune.
    CN also creamed has pants over milos teodosic

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CN also creamed has pants over milos teodosic

Thread Information