Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi a solid system player who has stunts of defensive or offensive streakiness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP might have been on to something, as Leonard's balls are a shriveling in the last 2 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid with the baseball like take again
    Superior baseball minds win out vs. inferior TieTrot minds once again. Fred VanVleet is the unsung Finals MVP, while Nephew did his Matt Barnes thing as KL1 (1 meaning the best KL on the team), Siakam, and even in' Ibaka did the heavy lifting. Also of note is Nephew getting outplayed by a 40 year old Andre Igoudala. We've seen this act many times as Spurs fans. Nephew is an absolute stud first 3 to 4 games in a series but fades when the series starts getting tight. And to be clear, he's not a choker. Just kind of one.

Batting .980 or something. My CP3 take was my only swing and miss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread worse than beisbol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody should be bumping this . He had a very unimpressive series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody should be bumping this . He had a very unimpressive series.
    I bumped it, bro. I was right, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread worse than beisbol
    Tell me where I'm wrong:

But he definitely needs a big balls player as his wingman to hit big shots and turn in efficient performances when he reverts to that player that was outplayed by Matt Barnes.
    Exactly what happened tonight. The narrative from the helmet crew for 3 in' years is that the reason Kiwi fades in these situation is because Tony, Pop, et al hogging his touches or doing something else that gets him out of rhythm. That was wrong. Kawhi fades late in a series. The difference here is Kyle Lowry is a much better player than Tony. Dude is a metrics monster season after season. They also have VanGOAT and we have the broken microwave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got got bailed big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got got bailed big time.
    Let's see:

KD injury, meaning the only player Nephew has to worry about is a 35 year old Iggy, who managed to outplay him in the biggest game of his career and in Toronto Raptors history.

Klay Thompson on absolute fire. Of course he gets hurt.

Fred VanVleet and Siakam turning into All Stars.

Kyle Lowry outplaying who many consider the GOAT PG in his house.

Before this opinion gets strawmanned, Kawhi is great. Probably top 20 player of all-time when his career is over. But people were hyping him up way too in much over this run. He had a solid superstar post-season run. Not an all time great run by any means. You didn't fear him like 3 peat Shaq, Lebron, Jordan, '03 Duncan, where you just give up in figuring out how to stop the guy and hope everyone else sucks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kiwi is a 2x champPERIOD. -200 points for this thread mid. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Horry is a 7x time champ. Kiwi almost choked away TWO games, and was bailed out by KL1, Siakam, and VanGOAT. These facts can't be argued against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another one that passes Kobe on the all-time list.

When the flying spaghetti monster comes calling for you where do you think Kobe be at on the all-time list? Probably outside of the top 50, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And still fanboying him because you're holding out hope he's going to be a Laker. You should be angered, you should've wanted a Warriors sweep that would've disenchanted Kawhi. This increases his odds of staying exponentially. Yeah, players really don't give a about les anymore vs. their brand, but bolting for LA after winning a le for an entire country is a bad PR move for his brand and will make Kiwi look like a diva. You can bet Dennis is evaluating it like this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And still fanboying him because you're holding out hope he's going to be a Laker. You should be angered, you should've wanted a Warriors sweep that would've disenchanted Kawhi. This increases his odds of staying exponentially. Yeah, players really don't give a about les anymore vs. their brand, but bolting for LA after winning a le for an entire country is a bad PR move for his brand and will make Kiwi look like a diva. You can bet Dennis is evaluating it like this.
    If he stays, Boston doesn't rang. Esp with Killa likely headed to Brooklyn. It's all good.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wasn't great in the Finals(especially defensively, he was mostly trash), but can't deny his historic playoff run, probably a top 10 run of all-time..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Pretty sure the Warriors wore their grey uni in game 6 but narratives gotta be pushed i guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wasn't great in the Finals(especially defensively, he was mostly trash), but can't deny his historic playoff run, probably a top 10 run of all-time..
    That's why it isn't a historic run. The Finals is where players make their marks, and getting outplayed by Andre Iguodala on a depleted Warriors team in the biggest game of your career isn't much of a mark.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    While with the spurs, Kawhi was known for his love of red apples. One time after practice everyone decided to go out for a team dinner. When it was his turn to order, Kawhi waived off the waiter and instead pulled out a bag of 12 apples. Coach Popovich asked what he was doing and Kawhi simply replied, "Apple time, apple time." He then ate all 12 apples with a knife and fork.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why it isn't a historic run. The Finals is where players make their marks, and getting outplayed by Andre Iguodala on a depleted Warriors team in the biggest game of your career isn't much of a mark.
    I don't know about that, I'd have to look up comparisons..

However, the perception will be that it's a historic run..IIRC, Dirk wasn't great in the 2011 Finals, but it's still remembered as an all-time run..

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I’ll have to crunch the numbers and compare them to other NBA Finals MVPs, tbh. The eye test showed me that him single-handedly taking over game 5 before the incomprehensible Nurse timeout was stuff of legend though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about that, I'd have to look up comparisons..

However, the perception will be that it's a historic run..IIRC, Dirk wasn't great in the 2011 Finals, but it's still remembered as an all-time run..
    Well, if you want to say it's all-time great based on narrative in how the addition of Kawhi brought a city, whose other team's have famously choked or underperformed since Joe Carter, a much needed le, I can buy that. But going by on-court performance, I can't consider it a top ten run. It was a solid superstar run, something on the level of Duncan '07.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll have to crunch the numbers and compare them to other NBA Finals MVPs, tbh. The eye test showed me that him single-handedly taking over game 5 before the incomprehensible Nurse timeout was stuff of legend though.
    Still went 9-24 in the game.

Thread Information