Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah how dare they leave a career, 18% 3 point shooter (14% in playoffs) with no real history of taking regular attempts from 3
    If you actually know math, you would know scoring two points when down three points will give you 0% chance of winning.

Oh since it’s you, 14% > 0%, in case you need that explained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you actually know math, you would know scoring two points when down three points will give you 0% chance of winning.

Oh since it’s you, 14% > 0%, in case you need that explained.
    it wasnt a buzzer beater. manu could have made a layup with ~5 seconds left. ample time to foul and get another attempt. spurs still had timeouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it wasnt a buzzer beater. manu could have made a layup with ~5 seconds left. ample time to foul and get another attempt. spurs still had timeouts.
    The chance of a player making a contested layup is about 65% or so. This will make it a 1 pt game.

The suns inbound to Nash who’s a 90% shooter. The chances of him missing one of two is 19% and missing both is 1%. So now the spurs have a 13% chance of it being a two point game a 0.6% of it being a one point game. The spurs will have to then score either a two or three pointer which takes another 50% and 80% off.
    Even if suns cannot inbound to Nash and get to a random player. Say a player shooting 75%, the chances are about 16% being a two point game and a 4% of being a one point game. Then the spurs will have a 50% chance of getting a two or about a 35% chance of a three. Or an 8% chance to tie or 6% chance to win.

All are less than 14%.

Not to mention this gives up the control to the spurs to win or lose the game.

Of course this is to ignore the cases of the suns getting an offensive rebound after a missed ft, or committing a to on the inbound, or the spurs getting a steal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick Coleman.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    When that shot was made and one of the announcers mentioned it was the only three pointer Duncan attempted all year and he made it, I automatically knew the Suns were losing the series, they can do everything right but they'll still lose, it wasn't meant to be for that Suns team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kukoc

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Reporter: Why do you shoot so many 3's?

AW: Because there isn't a 4 point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count