Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 players are suppossed to be those that lead winning teams as first options. I don't think Draymond would be very succesful being the number one offensive option of a team. He's the ultimate glue gay, but he comes short of a top 10 place, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget that he had the best quote of the season

WE DON'T NEED YOU
    Isn’t he the one that called KD and begged after losing to the Cavs though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "but iggy is more important than draymond!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t he the one that called KD and begged after losing to the Cavs though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "but iggy is more important than draymond!"
    GS doesn't beat Houston without Iggy. Green has been padding stats against an impotent and feckless Portland team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WE DON'T NEED YOU

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

18, 14, 11, 3, 2 and biggest shot of the game.

Iggy is the reason
    Dray plays two good games where they leave him wide open all the time and he is all of sudden top 10 player

He can't score 20 pts on consistent basis. Yet alone have defense set to play vs him. Opponents D have 3 other guys to worry more. He can frickin rest all regular season and most playoffs has two big games and is all time great

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS doesn't beat Houston without Iggy. Green has been padding stats against an impotent and feckless Portland team.
    Looney Tunes had his ways vs this Portland team, Cook and McKinney also and they gave them even less space then what Graymond had.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

WE DON'T NEED YOU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 player in the league nowhere to be found when forced to be more than a 4th banana.

Good thing he got to pad his stats in the 4th, when the game was out of reach, if not his line would have looked embarrassing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has been consistently getting worse year after year, on the offensive end.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Hakeem and Ewing guard small ball?
    How hard is it to leave Draymond open from three?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 not even top 50 without klaynus and kd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been saying forever, when he grabs the defensive board, rush him make him pick up his dribble, or pressure him while he’s dribbling the ball up. He’s a walking turnover.

He dangerous when nobody licks him up coming full speed. When you pressure him, he’s a disaster waiting to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been saying forever, when he grabs the defensive board, rush him make him pick up his dribble, or pressure him while he’s dribbling the ball up. He’s a walking turnover.

He dangerous when nobody licks him up coming full speed. When you pressure him, he’s a disaster waiting to happen.
    That tells you something that no one has figured this out this playoffs...today's NBA. Somehow I can't imagine PJ or Pat Riley being so completely flummoxed by the Draymond-running-the-ball-up-the-court gambit.

It was satisfying to see Toronto disrupt that lob play they run for Draymond. Finally.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Easier said than done. Most of the time, the opposing team puts their worst defender on Draymond, usually the slowest too, so they can’t pick him up or pressure him in open court or force him to pick up his dribble. They’re usually all the way back and / or backpedaling. The other defenders are trying to find where the Steph AND Klay AND KD are in transition.

Tonight, those stupid lobs in transition didn’t work because there were multiple defenders in the paint collapsed because there was only one shooting assassin in Curry to focus on in transition kickouts and FVV was attached to his shorts. It’s so much more about the personnel he plays with that allows him to look so good because of the spacing they create for him. And yes, if he were the best or even second best player on the team, he’d be fumbling his dribble and throwing rocket passes into the fifth row all over the place and all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easier said than done. Most of the time, the opposing team puts their worst defender on Draymond, usually the slowest too, so they can’t pick him up or pressure him in open court or force him to pick up his dribble. They’re usually all the way back and / or backpedaling. The other defenders are trying to find where the Steph AND Klay AND KD are in transition.

Tonight, those stupid lobs in transition didn’t work because there were multiple defenders in the paint collapsed because there was only one shooting assassin in Curry to focus on in transition kickouts and FVV was attached to his shorts. It’s so much more about the personnel he plays with that allows him to look so good because of the spacing they create for him. And yes, if he were the best or even second best player on the team, he’d be fumbling his dribble and throwing rocket passes into the fifth row all over the place and all the time.
    Thats why you game plan as a team to stop his transition when he grabs the board. It’s not necessarily about who’s specifically guarding him.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    It is when at least three, sometimes four or all five, of the other guys have to sprint back to find the shooters.

With their full squad healthy and on the court at the same time, there isn’t a gameplan to stop that Draymond rebound and push in transition. Even a split second fake trap could mean a Curry or Klay three pointer at the other end within 2 seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is when at least three of the other guys have to sprint to find the shooters.

With their full squad healthy and on the court at the same time, there isn’t a gameplan to stop that rebound and push in transition. Even a split second fake trap could mean a Curry or Klay three pointer at the other end within 2 seconds.
    Of course that might happen occasionally. But overall he’s a horrible passer under pressure. I’d take my chances over the course of a game / series with the strategy. He turns the ball over a few times, he starts thinking twice about being as reckless and pushing the ball as hard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best leader in the NBA, not worried at all how can your teammates not be confident when the leader doesn't panic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats why you game plan as a team to stop his transition when he grabs the board. It’s not necessarily about who’s specifically guarding him.
    Agreed. Making a commitment to getting back on defense...too simple?
    I don't know, we had a fellow here in San Antonio who was pretty successful with fundamentals.
    Toronto did a fair job of stopping the transition. The lapses cost them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harrison Barnes 2.0, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at anyone that has this guy over Thompson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond is ing good, tbf. He's far and away the best role player in the league but yeah his all-star nods and the Top 10 talk are stupid. I'd love to have him on the Spurs though. It's easier to appreciate him when there's someone on the other end that you hate more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost in all the drama of Durant's injury and the Golden State comeback is the fact that Draymond picked up his 6th technical in the playoffs, and now is one tech away from a potential suspension that would make him miss a game 7. For a guy with this high a BB IQ, it's really unbelievable that he's in this situation for the second time in his career.

Thread Information