Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's game last night is just unneeded evidence that triple doubles are often manufactured for the sake of having a triple double.

40 minutes in a worthless game you lose to NY is laughable. If Draymond gets a serious injury Kerr will likely be fired. I'm shocked he hasn't been fake injured for the rest of the season already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 Gaymond

glue guy with nothing to glue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is like Rodman or Bruce Bowen-- a role player whose strengths don't require teammates to give up shots or usage rate. Most great teams have at least one guy like that in the starting line up. If Kawhi had stayed, I could see Derrick White being that kind of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is like Rodman or Bruce Bowen-- a role player whose strengths don't require teammates to give up shots or usage rate. Most great teams have at least one guy like that in the starting line up. If Kawhi had stayed, I could see Derrick White being that kind of player.
    I don't get why Spurs fans overvalue these ing scrubs by comparing them to people like Rodman or Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 Gaymond

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to do a double-take on who started this thread, tbh...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 Gaymond

More humor and awareness?

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Skip to 8:57

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joey Fattone

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Mr. Triple Single

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    skinny draymonkey is basically shawn marion/dak prescott, a heck of a complimentary piece to a great team, but practically useless on a team without star power around him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    raymond dropping truth nukes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately for Warriors fans that’s the only thing he can drop

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i also feel very sad for Andre Drummond. Imagine doing nothing and getting 30M... ohhh, so tough. How will he survive? Why would someone even criticize these poor people? Just sad.

and him mentioning how no one blames the team owners, but just the players.... I am pretty sure this re has never been on other team's forums.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i also feel very sad for Andre Drummond. Imagine doing nothing and getting 30M... ohhh, so tough. How will he survive? Why would someone even criticize these poor people? Just sad.

and him mentioning how no one blames the team owners, but just the players.... I am pretty sure this re has never been on other team's forums.
    Draymond is that stupid person who believes he's intelligent which makes him profoundly stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    raymond dropping truth nukes

You get paid millions of dollars to play basketball. Stop whinning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    You get paid millions of dollars to play basketball. Stop whinning.
    He's expressing an opinion about the hypocrisy in the dynamics of ownership rights v player rights in the NBA. Seems like a topic he should be able to speak on. Why should it matter that he makes millions playing basketball? If his comments are stupid, then fine, they're stupid. Disagreeing with him is cool. But his opinion especially on this topic should not be dismissed because he's a rich athlete.

That is essentially the same as saying "shut up and dribble."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The job of a GM is to facilitate trades that would improve the quality of a team which would involve trading players against their will. Implicitly the role of a player is to play basketball.

People always l want to draw parallels to the normal working world and that employees are free to quit and move to another company but
    1) sports world is a totally different structure
    2) people don’t stop working and force a company to facilitate and move for the player to another franchise under the same company

I agree Cleveland is stupid for not playing Drummond and they are rightfully grilled for it. But I’m not in agreement where players should have the right to choose where they play just as GMs have the right to trade players. The nba is one giant company and those are the rules of engagement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's expressing an opinion about the hypocrisy in the dynamics of ownership rights v player rights in the NBA. Seems like a topic he should be able to speak on. Why should it matter that he makes millions playing basketball? If his comments are stupid, then fine, they're stupid. Disagreeing with him is cool. But his opinion especially on this topic should not be dismissed because he's a rich athlete.

That is essentially the same as saying "shut up and dribble."
    When I was writing the comment I was putting "shut up" but I changed it to "stop whinning" exactly because of the reason you express. It might be similar but it is not exactly the same.

And yeah, crying like a baby for this is some en led living in a bubble . You work 4 months a year traveling around the country, you don't even have to move if you don't like the place you are traded to. Imagine the type of crying this guy would do if he had to make a living as a truck driver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cliffs version?
    Cavs are not playing Drummond because they will be trading him and don't want to risk injury?

This has Drummond bent out of shape and Gaymond is ____?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Actually, that's fair. Personally disagree, but it's fair.

To me, it's not about the huge amount of money professional athletes make when it comes to what essentially is a labor dispute. In these instances, these gripes are basically against team / ownership. So the amount of money they make for playing a game should be weighed against the amount of money billionaire owners running franchises worth billions of dollars that make hundreds of millions of dollars annually off the backs of players for just playing basketball put those player salaries in perspective.

I think complaining about hypocrisy or double standards with the league and owners should be understandable.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    what's right is right and wrong is wrong

not sure why some think a higher level of income should prevent someone from voicing their feelings on what's "right" and "wrong"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond Green Embarrassed Himself By Walking Off Court Mid-Game (brobible.com)

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Draymond Green Embarrassed Himself By Walking Off Court Mid-Game (brobible.com)

Absolutely hilarious. Would be great to see the entry pass hit his ass and he continues strolling off.

Thread Information