Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fat Draymond Green in the regular season obviously isn't a top ten player but this current 25-pound lighter Draymond Green might be, tbh.

-Best defensive player in the league. Elite defending the post. Elite help defense. Elite on switches. He's not like a Rudy Gobert who becomes a liability in certain matchups. There's never a time when Green is a liability on defense.

-Highest basketball IQ in the league. Defensive IQ might be highest all-time.

-Best passing bigman. Great court vision, great patience, sees openings before they develop.

-Best ball-handling bigman. When he's out leading the break, he's a beast.

-Best emotional leader in the NBA. (Does more than arrange coffee dates )

Yeah, his offense is in a steep decline and he can't shoot anymore but even so he has a strong argument, IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The fat Draymond Green in the regular season obviously isn't a top ten player but this current 25-pound lighter Draymond Green might be, tbh.

-Best defensive player in the league. Elite defending the post. Elite help defense. Elite on switches. He's not like a Rudy Gobert who becomes a liability in certain matchups. There's never a time when Green is a liability on defense.

-Highest basketball IQ in the league. Defensive IQ might be highest all-time.

-Best passing bigman. Great court vision, great patience, sees openings before they develop.

-Best ball-handling bigman. When he's out leading the break, he's a beast.

-Best emotional leader in the NBA. (Does more than arrange coffee dates )

Yeah, his offense is in a steep decline and he can't shoot anymore but even so he has a strong argument, IMO.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Draymond much better with cousins out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Draymond try to guard a big such as Hakeem or Ewing.

Oopps, they don't exist anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Hakeem and Ewing guard small ball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He cheats so much on defense. Other teams / coaches do not exploit that. Like when a small on GS gets switched off on a big, he wil completely ignore his man and come to help.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, if I ever want to start a team today I think of Green.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanted to see Nuggets vs Warriors just to see him get worked by Jokic. Jokic believe it or not has caused him problems the last few years. Warriors would have still won but it would have been fun to see Draymond getting exhausted guarding Jokic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanted to see Nuggets vs Warriors just to see him get worked by Jokic. Jokic believe it or not has caused him problems the last few years. Warriors would have still won but it would have been fun to see Draymond getting exhausted guarding Jokic.
    Well the Greek Freak will give him problems. Plus as soon as they double Giannis he has enough shooters that will make them pay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Greek Freak will give him problems. Plus as soon as they double Giannis he has enough shooters that will make them pay.
    I agree. Giannis looks like he's too strong for Draymond to push around.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea I saw some plays were Giannis pushing Lebron around earlier and he was even bull dozing Aron Baynes last round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea I saw some plays were Giannis pushing Lebron around earlier and he was even bull dozing Aron Baynes last round.
    I was impressed when I saw him back down Andre Drummond underneath the basket. Drummond looks like he could be 270-280 and Giannis literally backed him down underneath the basked and scored on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But here’s the thing, if Draymond gets backed down a couple of times, he will break out the Baraka knives and just start hacking away over and over until the refs swallow the whistle to avoid fouling him out. Then we get the “Oh my God, Draymond defense is incredible!” comments.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was impressed when I saw him back down Andre Drummond underneath the basket. Drummond looks like he could be 270-280 and Giannis literally backed him down underneath the basked and scored on him

Yea, he uses his body the same way Kiwi does, basically being able to over power bigger players. And if you play him straight up he will just go by you. He is so deceptively strong it is scary.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But here’s the thing, if Draymond gets backed down a couple of times, he will break out the Baraka knives and just start hacking away over and over until the refs swallow the whistle to avoid fouling him out. Then we get the “Oh my God, Draymond defense is incredible!” comments.
    I think the refs will have to call it because Giannis arms are so long they will have no choice considering he will be hacking him right across them. And if they don't call anything I can see Giannis start lowering his shoulder and attacking Green. What I like about him, is he has a mean streak himself and isn't afraid of anyone. Most people are afraid of Green and try to play finesse ball instead of going up strong. I use to love when Blake was younger and he would try to dunk on everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's close. But Dominant Green will never receive the recognition. His legacy will be a coattailer.

Hes probably closer to 12-15 though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should have two DPOY now though.

Kawhi winning DPOY playing 50 games

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should have two DPOY now though.

Kawhi winning DPOY playing 50 games

A shame that Duncan never won once, when Fat Gasol actually has one as well!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He cheats so much on defense. Other teams / coaches do not exploit that. Like when a small on GS gets switched off on a big, he wil completely ignore his man and come to help.
    That's part of his genius, tbh. He's the best I've ever seen at knowing when to double off his man. If his man isn't a threat or there's no passing angle, he doesn't just stand around defending empty space like 99% of the players who've played basketball. He'll either double or start rotating over to where the ball-handler ends up passing the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would need to see him on another team to make that sort of claim, tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Draymond try to guard a big such as Hakeem or Ewing.

Oopps, they don't exist anymore.
    Hakeem and Ewing belong in the same sentence like Porsche and Chrysler do tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as long he continues to attack the basket, whether to score or create... his a threat to other teams

notice this when his team needs a basket, he attacks the rim hero ball...yet the other team sometimes caught by surprise this clown is trying to score when his not really a scorer..he makes them look dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's part of his genius, tbh. He's the best I've ever seen at knowing when to double off his man. If his man isn't a threat or there's no passing angle, he doesn't just stand around defending empty space like 99% of the players who've played basketball. He'll either double or start rotating over to where the ball-handler ends up passing the ball.
    I don’t disagree. But you call it genius, I call lazy coaching. Coaches are so stuck in their “this is what we do, this is who we are” mentality, they won’t get uncomfortable and go outside of their box to exploit Draymond in a series. I’m not saying it’s easy either. The guy is the cog of the entire defense. But one weakness is he’s easily frustrated and can be taken out of a game mentally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10/10 trolling tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp needs to learn from Harlem

Thread Information