Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ERNIE: So tomorrow in Sacramento the first Game 7 at home for the Kings since 2002
    KENNY: What happened then?
    BARKLEY: The Lakers brought their own referees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....And the Kings lost. Sixth man "Advantage" not good enough, even 21 years later. This time blown out at home in a game 7, almost never happens. Can't blame the refs this time.

Also, in game 7 in 2002, the Kings had the same amount of free throws as the Lakers, but despite being an 80% FT shooting team in the regular season they shot close to 50% in that Game 7, even reliable FT shooters like Stojakovic and Christie missed some... that was the reason they lost that game, IMO..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ....And the Kings lost. Sixth man "Advantage" not good enough, even 21 years later. This time blown out at home in a game 7, almost never happens. Can't blame the refs this time.

Also, in game 7 in 2002, the Kings had the same amount of free throws as the Lakers, but despite being an 80% FT shooting team in the regular season they shot close to 50% in that Game 7, even reliable FT shooters like Stojakovic and Christie missed some... that was the reason they lost that game, IMO..
    Facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes game 6 was rigged and Samaki’s 3 pointer in game 4 shouldn’t have counted but that doesn’t explain how the Kings blew a big lead in game 4 or royally shat the bed at home in game 7

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes game 6 was rigged and Samaki’s 3 pointer in game 4 shouldn’t have counted but that doesn’t explain how the Kings blew a big lead in game 4 or royally shat the bed at home in game 7
    that's kind of how I feel about it.

that game 4 was in the bag. would have made it 3-1, series over... yes not triggering auto instant replay for that halfcourt shot was bull but it cut a 26 point lead to 23. If you can't hang on to a 20+ point lead in the playoffs you don't deserve to win a championship.

Vlade said after that game that Horry's shot was a lucky shot... well maybe the bounce that fell into his lap was lucky, true... but squandering a 20+ point lead in the conference finals is poor skill and not luck.

Thread Information