Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I’ve been behind on new TV for years, and now have a few streaming subscriptions. Between shows I’ve missed and new shows coming out, I have a huge list of stuff I want to watch.

It made me wonder how everyone here decides what they want to watch? Usually I pick shows based on personnel involved (especially production and writing), subject matter, and reviews (not necessarily whether a show is deemed “good” or “bad”—more who liked it and who didn’t).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm starting to pick shows that have actually run their full course, too many of my favs getting cancelled without ending or resolution.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is OP re ed or Avante?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Is OP re ed or Avante?
    Aren’t they one in the same?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Anyone thinking aj3292 is Avante is beyond stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    GTFOH Golden Girls

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    GTFOH Golden Girls
    Golden Girls was awesome. Avant...not at all.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm amazed this has continued. I'd think by now I've made enough specific comments about TV shows, games and books that it'd be obvious I'm a separate person with a separate life.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm really liking the anthology series that have been popping up lately. The one-offs are just right.

Specially since I'm finding myself quitting on longer shows these days. It used to be that when I started a show I would finish it even if it was .

Now I barely give shows a full season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm amazed this has continued. I'd think by now I've made enough specific comments about TV shows, games and books that it'd be obvious I'm a separate person with a separate life.
    Sorry...I'm still not convinced. But if you are Avante, you've been behaving for the most part. A good many of your threads pose good questions, whether you're genuine about them or not.
    Avante used to about certain topics for threads and now you're pretty much posting those topics ad nauseum. It's exactly the childish old pedo would do. Not to mention, it happened in three forums with three similar usernames at the same time.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Sorry...I'm still not convinced. But if you are Avante, you've been behaving for the most part. A good many of your threads pose good questions, whether you're genuine about them or not.
    Avante used to about certain topics for threads and now you're pretty much posting those topics ad nauseum. It's exactly the childish old pedo would do. Not to mention, it happened in three forums with three similar usernames at the same time.
    Childish is pretending to ignore somebody while talking about them constantly.

Stupid, we are not the same and only a total idiot like you couldn't see this.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    As you are finding out we have an over abundance of idiots who post here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    quit quoting me got. You're on ignore. It screws up my notification thing.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    quit quoting me got. You're on ignore. It screws up my notification thing.
    off idiot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm assuming by the amount of posts, Larry is melting down again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And let's be real old fart. Honestly, if I picked up the phone to debate physics with Steven Weinberg, I wouldn't expect him to give me the time of day. And after that, I wouldn't keep calling him over and over again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I'm really liking the anthology series that have been popping up lately. The one-offs are just right.

Specially since I'm finding myself quitting on longer shows these days. It used to be that when I started a show I would finish it even if it was .

Now I barely give shows a full season.
    I really like shorter seasons these days. Even the best written shows start looking for ways to fill time after about 10-12 episodes. Think of all the slop and stupid subplots a show like Breaking Bad would've had were the seasons twice as long. Out of all the MCU shows on TV, I'm most impressed with the writing on the cheapest one with the shortest season, Cloak and Dagger.The constraints of basic and pay cable budgets and resulting short seasons had no small part in bringing about the platinum age IMO.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really like shorter seasons these days. Even the best written shows start looking for ways to fill time after about 10-12 episodes. Think of all the slop and stupid subplots a show like Breaking Bad would've had were the seasons twice as long. Out of all the MCU shows on TV, I'm most impressed with the writing on the cheapest one with the shortest season, Cloak and Dagger.The constraints of basic and pay cable budgets and resulting short seasons had no small part in bringing about the platinum age IMO.
    No doubt about the last part of your post.

I used to mock and laugh about the way the british do tv. Used to think 4-6 episodes a season was a disgrace. Now it's not only the standard here but it's also proven to make tv shows better for it.

Ironically now I see it the other way. 22 episodes per season are terrible because half of those are just filtered garbage that passes for quality tv.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No doubt about the last part of your post.

I used to mock and laugh about the way the british do tv. Used to think 4-6 episodes a season was a disgrace. Now it's not only the standard here but it's also proven to make tv shows better for it.

Ironically now I see it the other way. 22 episodes per season are terrible because half of those are just filtered garbage that passes for quality tv.
    x3

6-8 episodes is the sweet spot for me. It's pretty rare to find a 10 episode series without a couple of duds.

It's got me a little concerned after I finished the first season of Battlestar (13 episodes) and now seeing that Season 2 goes to 20. And after watching the first 2 of Season 2, I can see why some here described it as slow.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    I'm assuming by the amount of posts, Larry is melting down again.
    That coming from a guy who talks.....Avante.....every day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^ translation...oh please please SFS, please talk to me

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    And let's be real old fart. Honestly, if I picked up the phone to debate physics with Steven Weinberg, I wouldn't expect him to give me the time of day. And after that, I wouldn't keep calling him over and over again.
    Shut up stupid.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    ^ translation...oh please please SFS, please talk to me
    translation

I talk about Avante every day, the guy has made a huge impact on me. I do wish I knew them blues/track and but, I don't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    wifey is a netflix/prime addict... she loves re-watching shows and will usually pitch them to me after she's done

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    translation

I talk about Avante every day, the guy has made a huge impact on me. I do wish I knew them blues/track and but, I don't.
    Quit following us around.

You lost.

Thread Information