Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you rate a video game, what features are the ones that are most important to you? Game play, story, setting, customization, or something else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good controls and game design are 95% of the equation for me. Art and sound design the other 5%. Couldn't care less about story and characters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bang for buck. gone are the days where i'll pay anything near $60 for a 9-12 hour game. that said, stacking bland content doesnt help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I've stopped playing games just to play games because of time constraints. So for the most part online games, platformers, etc I've done away with. I look for the same qualities in games that I would in a movie or book, besides that fact that one is a passive experience and the other is not. All that said, if it ain't fun the best storyline in the world can't save it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bang for buck. gone are the days where i'll pay anything near $60 for a 9-12 hour game. that said, stacking bland content doesnt help
    I just wait to buy games used to avoid this. After a few years, a game that was $60 usually drops down to about $10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm OK with the price if it's a truly great game. I guess I always equate it with going to the movies. If I'm willing to pay $10 for 2 hours of entertainment, I'm fine paying $50 for 10 hours with a game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I've stopped playing games just to play games because of time constraints. So for the most part online games, platformers, etc I've done away with. I look for the same qualities in games that I would in a movie or book, besides that fact that one is a passive experience and the other is not. All that said, if it ain't fun the best storyline in the world can't save it.
    Same here basically.

I'll play the occasional heavy hitter but these days I usually go for narrative heavy/light on combat games.

I spent the last 3 years playing telltale games and DontNod games for the story. Been playing Dreamfall Chapters and I'm loving it.

It's like reading a fantasy book. A real good fantasy book.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm OK with the price if it's a truly great game. I guess I always equate it with going to the movies. If I'm willing to pay $10 for 2 hours of entertainment, I'm fine paying $50 for 10 hours with a game.
    That's exactly how I justify entertainment purchases to myself. When the movie's over, you leave the theater and that's it. But at least with the game, you get to keep it and play it again if it lives up to your $50 expectations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly how I justify entertainment purchases to myself. When the movie's over, you leave the theater and that's it. But at least with the game, you get to keep it and play it again if it lives up to your $50 expectations.
    I did the same with CD's. People would about the price never coming down. But for $15, I was getting plenty of hours of enjoyment for that.

The worst value (imo) is going out to eat too often. Although I still fall victim to it. Consistently s ing out $15 for a slightly better than average meal is ridiculous. You eat it and you're done within an hour.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did the same with CD's. People would about the price never coming down. But for $15, I was getting plenty of hours of enjoyment for that.

The worst value (imo) is going out to eat too often. Although I still fall victim to it. Consistently s ing out $15 for a slightly better than average meal is ridiculous. You eat it and you're done within an hour.
    I agree, at least if it's a frequent habit. I think it makes sense if you're essentially paying for the "experience" rather than the food, i.e. a friend is visiting from across the country, and you're trying to make dinner memorable (and easy).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pay to win is bull

give ppl who cant afford pay to win, prizes for grinding/farming...

if u have a clown illegitimately farming using bots/hacks, ban fkn ip or ban the account for good

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pay to win is bull

give ppl who cant afford pay to win, prizes for grinding/farming...

if u have a clown illegitimately farming using bots/hacks, ban fkn ip or ban the account for good
    That is true. If a game is pay to win, I won't play it.

Thread Information