Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I grew up playing video games, but I didn’t really get into gaming until I played Quake. Which games got you into gaming?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I grew up in the 80s. Every kid had an NES. Had a Coleco before that.

Plus going out to the arcade was a thing at that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arcades

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Zaxxon and Ikari Warriors at the Galaxy theater. Always begging my grandmother to take me to the movies since they had a Frogger machine at the theater near her house. Playing Shinobi and Vs Super Mario Bros at the ice house a couple of blocks away. Or Double Dragon at the ice house a couple of blocks in the other direction.

Funny about Vs Super Mario Bros. Didn't have an NES growing up but all my friends did. So I'd tell them how hard Super Mario Bros was in World 6 because I was used to Vs Super Mario Bros, which was a combination of a harder Super Mario Bros in the early levels and then the ridiculously hard Japanese Super Mario Bros 2 in the later ones. Then when I'd play World 6 at their houses it would be super easy and I'd be thinking WTF? No super long jumps or hammer bros who advance towards you while throwing ? No wind, no long leaps of faith off green trampolines?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Zaxxon and Ikari Warriors at the Galaxy theater. Always begging my grandmother to take me to the movies since they had a Frogger machine at the theater near her house.
    This. Trying to get to places that had video games. 7-11's, Mazzio's Pizza, etc. We'd have our parents drop us off to see a movie but play video games the whole time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is a good question, cant remember "the game" that really sucked me in. probably playing basic game boy games that my friends had, then later goldeneye on my older cousins n64

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I grew up in the 80s. Every kid had an NES. Had a Coleco before that.

Plus going out to the arcade was a thing at that time.
    I had an NES too as a kid, though I didn't get into it that much. I think the controller was awkward for me or something. It was FPS games on the computer like Quake, Doom, Heretic, Wolfenstein, etc that really got me into gaming.

Thread Information