Jarrett Culver

School: Texas Tech
    Position: SG
    Height: 6-foot-6.75
    Weight: 194
    Wingspan: 6-foot-9.5
    Draft Range: 4 to 7
    Combine Results? Yes

Why: Very good midrange scorer. Really good at creating opportunities off the dribble. Crafty when going to the basket and finishes well at the rim. Quality playmaker who has a good feel of when to pass. Rebounds well for his size and can possibly defend multiple positions in the NBA.

Why Not: Range in question. Shot only 30.4% on threes and 70.7% at the line as a sop re. Relies on midrange game too much currently. Not a fantastic athlete and doesn't have the tools to be a lockdown defender.

Spurs Fit: Wouldn't be the most natural fit next to DeRozan but if the Spurs traded up for him, you'd have to imagine he'd start at shooting guard quickly.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: DeMar DeRozan

Spurs Comparison - Floor: DeMar DeRozan from January 2019

College Stats
    Highlight Video
    Tankathon Profile
    The Stepien Profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see how SA trades up for a guy like DeRozan unless DeRozan is being moved. Or, at the minimum, they trade 2 of Beli/Mills/Forbes.

I like his game, would be very excited if that was the case, but I would prefer someone that fits more naturally next to DJ/White/Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe that the Spurs could realistically get up into range? I guess it's possible given that a lot of folks believe DMDR and LMA are worth that pick to a team like LAL or NYK. If you trade DeRozan for someone you hope an essentially be another DeRozan, it's a head-scratcher. I wouldn't hate it if it also meant cap space and not losing 19, but I'd probably rather stay the course with DeMar and explore ways to get the forward I want with 19 and change. Then again, he could end up being the best player in the draft, so if the Spurs really believe in him enough to take him, I wouldn't complain too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe that the Spurs could realistically get up into range?
    No, not really. They might be able to get in the 10 or 11 range if someone falls but I don't think they can get much higher than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this guy but his ceiling isn't high enough (I don't think) to warrant a lot of reshuffling to move up to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not really. They might be able to get in the 10 or 11 range if someone falls but I don't think they can get much higher than that.
    Even with DeRozan or LMA involved? I know it get’s convoluted but, a team like CHA, ATL, WAS Or CHI that might want a “star’. If you get that pick 10-14 to pair with 19+29 can’t move into that top 4 or 5?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I think the Wolves may do Poeltl and 19 for 11. Maybe they'd do Beli, Bertans, Poeltl and 29 for KBD, Dieng and 11. That'd really shore up their rotation and save money down the line. If they could keep 19, maybe the Spurs could use it and 11 to get up higher, but that's a lot of moving parts for draft night. I do think that once you start adding in LMA and DMDR that you could get higher, but I don't consider the team trading those guys during draft night realistic unless we start hearing more rumblings about them being unhappy or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with DeRozan or LMA involved?
    Still highly doubt it. Lottery picks are usually way overvalued around the time of the draft. And while this draft falls off a cliff after the third pick, there are still enough intriguing prospects to cause teams to be hesitant to trade a pick for a vet ... even a star vet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still highly doubt it. Lottery picks are usually way overvalued around the time of the draft. And while this draft falls off a cliff after the third pick, there are still enough intriguing prospects to cause teams to be hesitant to trade a pick for a vet ... even a star vet.
    I wonder how many teams, especially with cap space, are going to want guarantees though. I would think that most teams know they aren’t really in the Kawhi/KD running. So if that is the case and you are sick of losing, you would think the full court press for other “stars” being available would be on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I think the Wolves may do Poeltl and 19 for 11. Maybe they'd do Beli, Bertans, Poeltl and 29 for KBD, Dieng and 11. That'd really shore up their rotation and save money down the line. If they could keep 19, maybe the Spurs could use it and 11 to get up higher, but that's a lot of moving parts for draft night. I do think that once you start adding in LMA and DMDR that you could get higher, but I don't consider the team trading those guys during draft night realistic unless we start hearing more rumblings about them being unhappy or something.
    Any trade we make with the T-Wolves should involve Covington. Then there's this:

: Heard Rui got a commitment in the lottery (Minnesota was the buzz at the Combine) — usually when you take a commitment you shut down workouts and meetings with teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he improve his range he could be a Manu...

Thread Information