Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *I'm assuming the guy who has been doing such an ongoing great job at this has ommitted Tacko because he thinks he will be picked so high the Spurs have no chance.

School: UCF who barely lost to Duke
    Position: C
    Height: 7-foot-7
    Weight: 311
    Wingspan: 8-foot-2 (record)
    Draft Range: 2 to ?
    Combine Results: kicked ass by all accounts

Why: Huge potential. Shot 75% for his career including 7-10 vs Duke gots in close 77-76 loss. If he can learn to time jumps and not fall for fake jumpshots has great shot blocking / shot altering abilities. Lateral movement question marks see video below.

Why not: Falls for fake jump shots too much. May get shoved around. Pop and/or Poodle sniffers may feel no room on roster for 1st round achieving 2019 Spurs.

Spur fit: Desperately needed shot blocker / shot altering big. Could score in right offense.

Spurs comparison: None. Well maybe Boban.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1129483436580843520

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Blocking Zion in NCAA tournament.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Leave these to the pros.

TIA.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Combine Results: kicked ass by all accounts

Spurs comparison: None. Well
    EXACTLY Boban.

In theory, Boban is King Kong. In reality, a coach really has to pick the minutes Boban can be effective. He's gotten better since he played for the Spurs, but he's still only good for about 12 mpg.

I'm not saying Fall is terrible. There's not nothing that says he'll have any more or different impact here than Boban did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd certainly consider him at 49. He changes the game when he's on the floor! Maybe even 29. The issue is development vs age. He's only been playing Bball for something like 6 years, so theoretically he's got lots of learning curve left. However, he'll also be 24 next year...which means he doesn't have much time left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can get him with the 2nd round pick you do it. Why? Because. You just do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can get him with the 2nd round pick you do it. Why? Because. You just do.
    Yes, because most of the other guys in round 2 are dime a dozen and interchangeable. Rather have a Tacko than a Blossomgate or a McClinton. Tacko has a lot of development left, and will always be limited against certain lineups ... and in fact many NBA lineups. But why not take a flyer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass. Doubt he will play much on any time. League moving to quicker game. He might see 5-10 mins at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched his highlights, really not that impressive. He's tall, can dunk, and block shots but not especially mobile or skilled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t know Timvp had a troll account tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anyone that tall should have more than 2.6 bpg in the mid majors just by standing around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude seems like a ty Boban. Yes, he is freakishly tall...but he is also rail thin, has no range, and and can't close out to the perimeter. He's not a great screener and rolls weak to the rim.

Boban has much more tools on his belt and is still struggling to find minutes in today's NBA despite going between several teams.

Plus, there is always the fear of injury that follows anybody that tall. Fall's career will most likely be cut short at some point by foot or leg problems.

I'd hesitate to even spend #49 on him...some wonder if he will even get drafted at all, so that doesn't bode well for a guy that big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude seems like a ty Boban. Yes, he is freakishly tall...but he is also rail thin, has no range, and and can't close out to the perimeter. He's not a great screener and rolls weak to the rim.

Boban has much more tools on his belt and is still struggling to find minutes in today's NBA despite going between several teams.
    Boban limited by coaches?
    He's only had about 15 games in his career of 20 minutes +.
    Came thru absolutely solid in damn near every one of them.

This years playoffs 'Bobs was given an average of 15 minutes per in the 1st Round vs Brooklyn.
    Spanked in with 11/6 on 60% shooting.
    Vs The Nephews in Round 2, Brent Brown chained him to the bench. In spite of Embiid being 60% in game 4 and the 76ers going 7 (seven) minutes in the critical 4th without a field goal in a low scoring close game where every hoop counts.

So I don't know what 'Bobs is supposed to do get more minutes. His PER is as absolutely as consistent as it can be, and that's at 25.
    If he really can't hack more minutes, and I will concede his knees look gimpy given all that mass they are carrying, well then ya he will just be a 10 minute a game average at best. But again, every time he has been given 15+ minutes he has come thru in spades.

Tacko Fall comparison good or bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a black Shawn Bradley on my team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plus his name yields easy money endorsements

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vs The Nephews in Round 2, Brent Brown chained him to the bench. In spite of Embiid being 60% in game 4 and the 76ers going 7 (seven) minutes in the critical 4th without a field goal in a low scoring close game where every hoop counts.

Boban gets chained to the bench when the matchup is bad - or when he brings Master a bad brain.

Did you notice that during the minutes he did get against the Raptors, he didn't pile up such crazy stats? He's a likable guy, and he works in limited situations. When the matchup doesn't fit, they run circles around him.

plus his name yields easy money endorsements
    LOL. Taco Bell should just sign him to an endorsement deal right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban gets chained to the bench when the matchup is bad - or when he brings Master a bad brain.

Did you notice that during the minutes he did get against the Raptors, he didn't pile up such crazy stats? He's a likable guy, and he works in limited situations. When the matchup doesn't fit, they run circles around him.

The whole team sucked including Embiid save one or two 6ers the one game where Boban got any minutes (10) vs Toronto.
    Where are all these other games that teams have "run circles around him"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole team sucked including Embiid save one or two 6ers the one game where Boban got any minutes (10) vs Toronto.
    Where are all these other games that teams have "run circles around him"?
    [/LEFT]

I apologize. Boban dominates everyone, and every team. He would score 50 points a game, like Wilt did in '62, but these damn coaches just don't want to win. Every coach he's ever had would rather lose than play Boban. If only someone would put Boban and Tacko on the same team, they would crush all opponents like ants. And only you are smart enough to see it. You tower over everyone, like the Boban of basketball analysis, and I agree with every word.

Is that more what you wanted to hear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I apologize. Boban dominates everyone, and every team. He would score 50 points a game, like Wilt did in '62, but these damn coaches just don't want to win.

Great thread, by the way. If you had put all that wisdom into the existing Tacko Fall prospect thread, you might not have gotten the attention you deserve.

Wouldn't it have been simpler to just say you cannot produce evidence of a large # of games and teams that have "ran circles around Boban"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ gs fail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do nothing Chunko with per usual self loathing while zero input.
    Try to stay on OP topic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do nothing Chunko with per usual self loathing while zero input.
    Try to stay on OP topic.
    What self loathing? Making fun of you doesn't denote lack of self esteem and confidence as your Google copy pasta psychology would lead you to believe.

Your attempt was awful. When you use unfunny phrases like "Duke gots" and "Poodle Sniffers" in a ty impression, you lose. You wont be taken seriously and no one thinks it's funny, so I'm, as did some others already have, are making fun of your lousy comedy skills and terrible basketball takes. That's it. Pretty simple for even you. You made a fail thread, I just stated a pattern and gave you some input as to why it's a flop thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread bumper Chunko with nary a word on Tacko Fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This can't be the dude's real name, right? It's gotta be some kind of nickname or he has some ed up parents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This can't be the dude's real name, right? It's gotta be some kind of nickname or he has some ed up parents.
    El
    hadji Tacko Sereigne Diop Fall is the UCF center’s full name,
    per Yahoo Sports
    . Fall’s first name is pronounced like the popular food, taco, but spelled differently. Fall is originally from Dakar, Senegal in Africa. Fall is a devout Muslim as
    Yahoo Sports detailed
    in a 2014 article.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/03/tacko-fall-name-taco-real-why-ucf-center/

Thread Information