Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not thinking Lillard deserves the supermax is not the same thing as bashing him. He can be good and still not be $191 million good.
    This. Dame Russ Embiid etc are gonna get paid they are legit all stars...

But max money for a dude that can't lead to a le sucks, especially if he really a #2 but you paying him as a #1.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Harlem and Apalisoc. Don't fall for this camouflaged racism. They hate seeing non-whites get paid. Its why they're going to John Wall level pocket-watching such as downplaying how good Lillard is, bringing up his age when contract runs out. Notice most hardcore racists like Clipper Nation and Spurtacular are on the same side.
    check my track record.
    In the lockout I was 100% on the player's side.
    I argued even though he wasn't even considering LAkers at that time that Bron was underpaid and should not be capped.
    The guys i mentioned should make over $200 million especially Lebron and Steph due to marketing etc,

but teh very good players like Aldridge Derozen CJ mccollum Wall etc get paid like the megastars and that is NOT good for small markets or the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is best GM ever but he didnt really do shot for the warriors or Grizz
    his best work was done with Lakers and his consulting with Clippers.
    Didn't he draft help draft Klay and Steph and help trade Monta Ellis? Was he also responsible for help bringing over Iggy? He also never offered Barnes the max deal which made him leave in free agency and opened the door for the Warriors being able to afford Durant.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check my track record.
    I argued even though he wasn't even considering LAkers at that time that Bron was underpaid and should not be capped.
    The guys i mentioned should make over $200 million especially Lebron and Steph due to marketing etc,

but teh very good players like Aldridge Derozen CJ mccollum Wall etc get paid like the megastars and that is NOT good for small markets or the league.

Yea, I think they might restructure the next collective bargaining agreement based on that. I don't know how small teams will be able to afford these contracts unless they are winning or go deep every year in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check my track record.

look who you're responding to

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    West is the guy who convinced the Warriors to draft Klay, not trade Klay for Kevin Love, and closed the deal with KD. He's also why Mark Jackass got fired - Jackass trying to ban West from the team's practices was the last straw, iirc. He deserves more credit for their success than you're giving him.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Harlem and Apalisoc. Don't fall for this camouflaged racism. They hate seeing non-whites get paid. Its why they're going to John Wall level pocket-watching such as downplaying how good Lillard is, bringing up his age when contract runs out. Notice most hardcore racists like Clipper Nation and Spurtacular are on the same side.
    Race has nothing to do with it, Lillard still wouldn't be worth a contract like this if he was white or Asian or whatever.

It's not "pocket watching" either, it's salary-cap watching. Lillard isn't making this much money in a vacuum. This contract will significantly impact how the front office can build a team around him in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    memphis was the worst team in the league when he took over and they at least made playoffs and hand picked hubie brown who got coach of the year. he then left the year before they traded pau

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this event turned their fortunes around. They aren't going to win a ring anytime soon. They got lucky that Houston met GS in the 2nd round, and they didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an age to be a basketball player. Sprewell choking his mom for not giving birth to him 20 years later or he’d be able to feed his family.

Silver can solve the problems for small market by simply enforcing the basic basketball rules on the court. With an even playing field and no superstar calls, small market teams can at least build Championship teams with second tier stars like the pistons did and be able to compete for a ring.

The idea of marketing individuals have taken on an extreme form and is hurting the league more than helping it. And as usual you can trace the problem back to Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL porzingis and d'angelo are getting Max deals this summer, but people are ing about dame. He at least lead his team to a wcf. Those two hasnt done anything, except raping some es, and fighting with Russians in some gheto.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL porzingis and d'angelo are getting Max deals this summer, but people are ing about dame. He at least lead his team to a wcf. Those two hasnt done anything, except raping some es, and fighting with Russians in some gheto.
    I don't get this argument.
    So because Washed CP3 is making 40 million in year four of his extension and busted leg Porzy will make max dollars that means because dame is a really good even great player he should make Lebron or steph money?!

I get that To the Blazers Dame is their "lebron" and so of course he will demand near $200 M's

But with Dame as your best player as much as iI like him you probaby won't win a le.
    Sure they made the WCF but do any of us believe they could beat the Sixers, bucks Raptors or Rox?

if im the blazers i resign him but if no le run by year two I am looking to trade him like clips did Paul and Blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all have cp3 to thank. Paul created this deal to get as much for himself as possible, and he got it. That guys is a psychopath who threw the owners and the players under the bus to get money he never deserved.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They all have cp3 to thank. Paul created this deal to get as much for himself as possible, and he got it. That guys is a psychopath who threw the owners and the players under the bus to get money he never deserved.
    On this, we also agree
    and even better he got bron to sacrifice his earnings power to do it.
    Now bron will benefit as he moves on through his washed stage as well ...

But CP3 absolutely rigged the CBA for his self-benefit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excuse me?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On this, we also agree
    and even better he got bron to sacrifice his earnings power to do it.
    Now bron will benefit as he moves on through his washed stage as well ...

But CP3 absolutely rigged the CBA for his self-benefit

I would never pay anyone of these players the max but it ain't my money so more power to them to make it. And you can blame the owners to agreeing to this in the CBA agreement. So the owners have no one to blame but themselves for this. But they must be making a fortune if they can some how be paying max deals of $47 million on a 4 year basis and not whine about it.

Again is he worth it, no, but it looks like max contracts are the new norms for decent to good players.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Didn't he draft help draft Klay and Steph and help trade Monta Ellis? Was he also responsible for help bringing over Iggy? He also never offered Barnes the max deal which made him leave in free agency and opened the door for the Warriors being able to afford Durant.
    he did not draft steph I dont think he was even the primary even drafting Klay

what he was was the one that said no to klay for Kevin Love

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im with you and CN

This would be my list:
    Lebron KD Giannis Steph Harden and Kawhi (if healthy)

I get that Dame, Embiid, Jokic, Russ Wall etc have or will get it too ... if not super then a max anyways ... but I Would do what clips did sign them and then flip 'em for future unprotected picks.

IF hornets (or anyone else) pay anything close to that $$ for Kemba jimmy butler etc they deserve whatever they get the last few years of those contracts even if it's my Lakers ...
    No way on Harden being on that list. He's in that regular season statpadder tier with Westbrook.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he did not draft steph I dont think he was even the primary even drafting Klay

what he was was the one that said no to klay for Kevin Love

Good to know, thanks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dame's highest career postseason WS/48 was his age-23 .130. He has some lofty playoff highlight reels but cannot consistently lead you anywhere. $191 million? Big yikes. I'd let him walk for that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dame's highest career postseason WS/48 was his age-23 .130. He has some lofty playoff highlight reels but cannot consistently lead you anywhere. $191 million? Big yikes. I'd let him walk for that.
    Nah I can see signing him so you get something for him but gotta sell high

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I can see signing him so you get something for him but gotta sell high
    Good point, they could trade him with that deal and probably get a return. I would not be down with getting stuck with the contract, though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Someone should tell Barkley the Blazers can't win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. I don't think he's your first option on a championship team.

Thread Information