Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claxton, White, and Murray you just say “Release The Hounds” that would be all defensive team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claxton, White, and Murray you just say “Release The Hounds” that would be all defensive team.
    Haha! Love it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A seven-footer who can play this type of perimeter defense is difficult to ignore:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A seven-footer who can play this type of perimeter defense is difficult to ignore:

Ya - that is the highlight I was talking about in the video (the longer video). That leaps off the screen. Same with his ability to push the ball and pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya - that is the highlight I was talking about in the video (the longer video). That leaps off the screen. Same with his ability to push the ball and pass.
    Probably 60/40 chance he's a bust IMO so I'd rather get him at 29 ... but his upside is good enough that I wouldn't be upset at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably 60/40 chance he's a bust IMO so I'd rather get him at 29 ... but his upside is good enough that I wouldn't be upset at 19.
    The fact Metu is similar scares me; that is like the blue print for this type of guy and........it’s not inspiring. Upset isnt the right word, but I don’t think he’s worth drafting and I really find it hard to believe he will be BPA at 19. Really hard to believe that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claxton is far away from being a NBA player.

Very athletic though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact Metu is similar scares me; that is like the blue print for this type of guy and........it’s not inspiring. Upset isnt the right word, but I don’t think he’s worth drafting and I really find it hard to believe he will be BPA at 19. Really hard to believe that.
    I disagree with the Metu comp. Metu is far less mobile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a lot Josh Smith in him, also some Jonathan Issac with less promise jumper...

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He strikes me as someone getting hyped up near the draft, so he'll probably get drafted much higher than his true worth. 29 would be cool. 19...ehhh, I guess it depends who's left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hearing that the opinion on talent is that it gets weak fast after the top 3 or 4 players, so I'd predict we'll be drafting "potential upside" by the time we get to 19. So yeah, this one wouldn't shock me with our first pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea I don't care anymore, the more is see this kid the more I think there's no reason we should pass him at 19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds of a little of DJ Wilson from a couple years that played at Michigan and was drafted by Milwaukee. I was kinda high on him but he hasn't shown much his first couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great interview. Came across as intelligent, articulate.
    I got the opposite of intelligent and articulate. He doesnt seem bright. But if we get him, hope the Spurs instill bball enough bball iq.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just went and watched some more clips on him. Let's get this kid in black & silver!!

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got the opposite of intelligent and articulate. He doesnt seem bright. But if we get him, hope the Spurs instill bball enough bball iq.
    Compared to Kawhi, he looks like a Rhodes Scholar. But in general, these things are subjective. To me, he appeared thoughtful, for an athlete.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Vecenie: According to a source, Georgia forward Nic Claxton has canceled and shut down all workouts for non-lottery teams. Feels good about where he’ll be picked based off of feedback during the pre-draft process.via Twitter Sam_Vecenie

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Vecenie: According to a source, Georgia forward Nic Claxton has canceled and shut down all workouts for non-lottery teams. Feels good about where he’ll be picked based off of feedback during the pre-draft process.via Twitter Sam_Vecenie
    If he has a promise in the lottery then somebody is falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he'll be gone at 19. Impressive climb up the draft board for someone who wasn't even viewed as an NBA prospect not that long ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. People keep saying "There's no chance that (X) will be on the board at 19," but I bet if you made a list of those players it'd be like 26 names long. There will be really good players available at 19 and 29. This is looking like the best draft since 2011.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a surprising if he got a promise from a lotto team. I thought he might be available at the 19th spot for sure. Samanic, should be our target there unless one of the better wings aka small forwards drop.

I feel this draft has a decent amount of guys who can play the 3 and D role decently in the NBA, so the 19th pick should be a high ceiling player. Claxton and or Samanic were my guys.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like people are elevating the stock of certain players in search of the next Draymond or Siakam. It makes sense. But that also means some more talented guards will likely slip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he had a promise, he would have shut down ALL workouts.

This draft is going to be odd. They've already invited 16 players to the green room, and there are only 14 lottery draft picks. No one really knows what will happen after the first 3 picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like people are elevating the stock of certain players in search of the next Draymond or Siakam. It makes sense. But that also means some more talented guards will likely slip.
    OMG, this place would melt if they pick another guard.

Thread Information