Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the way it looks he can guard 1-5.
    Which is why we should draft this dude. Imagine our guards playing great man to man D then if they even try to get inside they get their ass blocked by Claxton
    All of this!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Between this and Claxton shutting down workouts for teams outside of the lottery, he must be really confident that he's going to be picked somewhere between 15 and 20. My guess would be Hawks at 17.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Between this and Claxton shutting down workouts for teams outside of the lottery, he must be really confident that he's going to be picked somewhere between 15 and 20. My guess would be Hawks at 17.
    That would suck. Really wanted him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Horford our in Boston, I think he could go 14

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Horford our in Boston, I think he could go 14
    I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Hayes, Claxton and Goga suddenly make a lot more sense for the Celtics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is who I want the most in the draft. I keep seeing Chris Bosh. But I’m sure other teams are seeing it too and he may be gone as high as 14 unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not 100% sold on Claxton -- he sometimes looks like Metu 2.0 -- but his switchability on defense alone makes me think using 19 on him wouldn't be a waste. In theory, Murray, White and Claxton could combine to be the best pick-and-roll defending trio in the league by far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not 100% sold on Claxton -- he sometimes looks like Metu 2.0 -- but his switchability on defense alone makes me think using 19 on him wouldn't be a waste. In theory, Murray, White and Claxton could combine to be the best pick-and-roll defending trio in the league by far.
    How does his game resemble Metu at all? Metu is a post up player (poor man's Aldridge) and quick jumping athlete. Claxton handled the ball way more than Metu did during his whole GLeague stint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does his game resemble Metu at all? Metu is a post up player (poor man's Aldridge)
    Huh? Metu is a face-up, perimeter bigman. In fact, after summer league last year, many Spurs fans thought he could play SF.

I don't think he posted up once last season on the Spurs and I doubt we ever see that from him. He's a pick-and-pop, lithely big ... like Claxton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is who I want the most in the draft. I keep seeing Chris Bosh. But I’m sure other teams are seeing it too and he may be gone as high as 14 unfortunately.
    Sports Illustrated has us picking him at 19. I really hope that prediction comes true somehow. I would also be ecstatic with Bol Bol or Jaxson Hayes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can swing for the fences or draft players more likely to make the league though not be stars. With the latter maybe you end up with some tradeable pieces.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Claxton, he’s definitely got some intriguing tools and skills. As of now though, he’s still too skinny, like really skinny, he shot horrible from three and his form isn’t the most encouraging. His handles are definitely above average for a big, his passing is average. His defense and rebounding are definitely his strengths, his switch-ability in the PNR is what makes him the most intriguing along with his shot blocking presence, although I think he’d easily get buried under the basket by a quality big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Claxton, he’s definitely got some intriguing tools and skills. As of now though, he’s still too skinny, like really skinny, he shot horrible from three and his form isn’t the most encouraging. His handles are definitely above average for a big, his passing is average. His defense and rebounding are definitely his strengths, his switch-ability in the PNR is what makes him the most intriguing along with his shot blocking presence, although I think he’d easily get buried under the basket by a quality big.
    IMO, he would still be too good to pass on if he's available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nic is the taller, more athletic, but less skilled version of Jontay Porter whom the Spurs were interested in last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he's not Speedy's kid otherwise he'd bail out LMA's chokejobs in the playoffs like Speedy bailed out TP's chokejobs.
    Yah I remember that!

Especially in the 2003 Finals:

Parker: 14.0/4.0
    Claxton: 6.2/1.5

Or better yet in the playoffs in general that year:

Parker: 14.7/3.5
    Claxton: 5.2/1.9

And even that regular season!

Parker: 15.5/5.3
    Claxton: 5.8/2.5

Man, Claxton was almost half as productive as Parker!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, he would still be too good to pass on if he's available.
    At 19th just depending on who’s still there. I’d still take Bol Bol and Goga over him. Even at 29 if Samanic, Bazely, Okeke, or Roby are there id rather take them before Claxton. Just my opinion

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not touch Bol with a ten foot pole no way he stays healthy Cousins would cave in his chest with an elbow jab.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not touch Bol with a ten foot pole no way he stays healthy Cousins would cave in his chest with an elbow jab.
    I mean it’s not like he’s torn an acl or Achilles.... I don’t think his skinny build is too much of a concern porzingis is a twig, so was Tyson chandler as a rookie not to mention AD

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see a lot of luck falling our way for the 19th pick, but Claxton is one of the upside guys that should still be available. Bol Bol might still be there, but I would rather take Claxton. Bol feels like a situational player who probably can’t get more than 15 minutes a night IF he stays healthy AND he develops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it’s not like he’s torn an acl or Achilles.... I don’t think his skinny build is too much of a concern porzingis is a twig, so was Tyson chandler as a rookie not to mention AD
    Your point about the other players doing well despite their build is true but if Bol's genetics apply, his Dad never really filled out. My memory is he was a rail thin shotblocker his whole career.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your point about the other players doing well despite their build is true but if Bol's genetics apply, his Dad never really filled out. My memory is he was a rail thin shotblocker his whole career.
    I still think you take that chance if he’s there, I don’t think there’s anyone in this draft with his size combined with skill set. I think he can be another building block and eventual replacement for LA.

Thread Information