Nicolas Claxton

School: Georgia
    Position: PF/C
    Height: 6-foot-11.75
    Weight: 216.6
    Wingspan: 7-foot-2.5
    Draft Range: 25 to 45
    Combine Results? Yes

Why: Uniquely skilled bigman. Played point-center at times at Georgia. Ball-handling and passing talents are very impressive for a big. Overwhelming length: had seven blocks in his first ten minutes during combine scrimmage and finished with 11 blocks overall. Very mobile defensively -- should be able to switch off on guards early in NBA career. Long, fast, quick feet, explosive jumper. Smooth shooting stroke with high release and range extends to the three-point line. Late bloomer in high school. One of his first workouts was for the Spurs.

Why Not: Raw for his age. Top heavy body; needs to gain another 20 pounds in order to hold his ground. Shooting percentages across the board at Georgia were sub par: 50% on twos, 30.2% on threes, 61.1% at the line. Not an instinctual rebounder and rarely fights for boards. Toughness and heart are question marks. Didn't play with a true point guard so it's unknown how he'll do in pick-and-rolls.

Spurs Fit: Austin for a year to work on fundamentals and gain muscle. Long-term, fits well as a stretch bigman -- especially if his shooting improves.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Kyle Anderson in Francisco Elson's body

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Rookie Chimezie Metu

College Stats
    Highlight Video
    Tankathon Profile
    The Stepien Profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obvious question -- is he related?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Father was born in the US Virgin Islands and played briefly in the NBA...thought it worth mentioning.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ceiling

If his rebounding improves, can he be like Joakim Noah lite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obvious question -- is he related?
    He's fast but not Speedy.

Father was born in the US Virgin Islands and played briefly in the NBA...thought it worth mentioning.
    Yeah, his dad is Charles Claxton (played with the Celtics for a couple games in the mid-90s). Dad was born in Saint Thomas and Nic has played internationally for the USVI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's fast but not Speedy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great sleeper pick for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really like this guy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker is probably going to end his career if he ever gets to the NBA. He’s not letting another Claxton ruin him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another big I wouldn't mind having.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he's not Speedy's kid otherwise he'd bail out LMA's chokejobs in the playoffs like Speedy bailed out TP's chokejobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a sleeper and is the type of athletic, mobile big that you need in the new NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intrigued Boom or bust prospect, could be the next Siakam or out of the league fast...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally, someone that may fall in the Spurs lap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be ecstatic if we could get him at 29! Him and Mfiondu are two of the 4/5 players I really hope we can grab at the 29 spot. I really hope our guys comes out of this draft with a 3 and a person who can play the 4/5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good news for the Spurs. Claxton is perhaps the most intriguing center who could be available at 29.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good news for the Spurs. Claxton is perhaps the most intriguing center who could be available at 29.
    Indeed interesting prospect, he's not usually a seen in the draft boards as a 1st round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If youre thinking years ahead, Poetl will take up a chunk of our cap as he is sure to improve upon last year. There is even a positive article about him that came out today. This guy is future at our center spot and im still confused why people cant accept that. So you want to draft a center this year and then possibly have two centers (if said drafted center even turns out half as good as Poetl) that are taking too much out of our cap. Why not invest that percentage of the cap at the forward position where both of our forwards are probably on their last big contract on the Spurs (Gay and Aldridge) then when time is up, the forward we draft will have his contract extended without penalizing the team too much. Its called balance and timing. It doesnt seem thats understood as well here. Anyone want to do a wager that we dont draft a center this offseason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If youre thinking years ahead, Poetl will take up a chunk of our cap as he is sure to improve upon last year. There is even a positive article about him that came out today. This guy is future at our center spot and im still confused why people cant accept that. So you want to draft a center this year and then possibly have two centers (if said drafted center even turns out half as good as Poetl) that are taking too much out of our cap. Why not invest that percentage of the cap at the forward position where both of our forwards are probably on their last big contract on the Spurs (Gay and Aldridge) then when time is up, the forward we draft will have his contract extended without penalizing the team too much. Its called balance and timing. It doesnt seem thats understood as well here. Anyone want to do a wager that we dont draft a center this offseason?
    The Spurs drafted three 6-5 guards in a row and may draft a fourth for all we know. All they have to do is think Hayes can space the floor as much as Aldridge can to pick him. The team is not so predictable as to draft for need over BPA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is quick enough to play PF if he could get half way good on offense he would be a good pick. I agree two positions I would feel would be SF and PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be there at 29!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information