Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really? "sense of reason"? the analysis of the chances of each team in the playoffs is made according to the regular season, the expectation before the season is completely irrelevant, especially when the rosters were changed during the season.
    Which team won it all with 1 young star only? Mavs were the last 1-star champion but Dirk wasn’t young by any measures. Bucks didn’t add Anthony Davis during the season, just a couple of available role players. So 1% chance before the season is something you shouldn’t forget about.
    They just don’t have enough talent for consistent half-court offense at this level.But their GM and Coach Bud did a great job to guide them into ECF and they are compe ive there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which team won it all with 1 young star only? Mavs were the last 1-star champion but Dirk wasn’t young by any measures. Bucks didn’t add Anthony Davis during the season, just a couple of available role players. So 1% chance before the season is something you shouldn’t forget about.
    They just don’t have enough talent for consistent half-court offense at this level.But their GM and Coach Bud did a great job to guide them into ECF and they are compe ive there.
    It also doesn't help that their other all-star player Middleton who wants a max deal hasn't shown up at all this series except in the blow out loss in Toronto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also doesn't help that their other all-star player Middleton who wants a max deal hasn't shown up at all this series except in the blow out loss in Toronto.
    Yeah but he's not a real all-star (at least not yet). The only reason he was selected is because of the Bucks record and overall Eastern Conference weakness. He is a Mo Williams type all-star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud in the playoffs is basically a younger version of post-2014 Pop without the rings .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greek freak is reminding me of TP in the playoffs especially 2004. Just pack the paint and if guys can't hit enough shots you got a backdoor sweep.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if Kerr is in the Pop coaching tree in the traditional sense, but he’s the next to go down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I missed this from a few days ago

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's a good move for him. I was kid of surprised he announced that he was leaving Memphis while he was supposed to be in consideration for the HC job. They wound up hiring another one of the assistants - I don't even know the guy. Maybe Forcier knew he wasn't really in contention, but landing on a top team under Coach Bud will move him closer to a HC job sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs should've brought him back, we need 2 new assistant coaches. Smart move by the Bucks. The guy helped develop Kawhi, he can teach Giannis some things

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs advantage of having a superior front office and coaching staff has over the past decade been dispersed around the league.

That's why it isn't that is anymore to remain on top.

Sam Presti for example was responsible for picking Parker and Ginobili. He also picked Durant, Westrbrook and Harden. The guy can pick!

There are all kinds of advanced talent that has been lost over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. So the other potentials (Becky) are not interested or are waiting for Popped to finally retire?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    20s
    ESPN Sources: Pacers beginning with a wide-ranging list in coaching search, including Becky Hammon and Dave Joerger: es.pn/33fCky7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. So the other potentials (Becky) are not interested or are waiting for Popped to finally retire?
    Don’t mean to belabor the obvious, but the Knicks will interview who THEY want, not necessarily who might covet the job.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When are teams going to realize that being on the Spurs coaching staff doesn't make you a winner for another franchise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When are teams going to realize that being on the Spurs coaching staff doesn't make you a winner for another franchise?
    You mean the six Finals appearances and three les won’t bring the realization?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams have been trying to emulate the Spurs' formula for years. Look around the league. Most teams are peppered with Spurs ties either coaching or in the FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Atlanta is hiring San Antonio’s Landry Fields as an assistant GM, sources tell ESPN. Fields was GM of the Spurs’ G-League affiliate in Austin. Fields, 32, played five years in the NBA.
    5:37pm · 23 Sep 2020 · Twitter Web App

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The following coaches
    James Borrego,Bret Brown, Mike Brown,Mike Budenholzer, Vinnie Del Negro, Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr, Mike Prunty, Jacques Vaughn, and Monty Williams have ac ulated an aggregate record of 2014-1610 with 7 Finals appearances an 3 championships. There’s a reason teams pick from the Tree of Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The following coaches
    James Borrego,Bret Brown, Mike Brown,Mike Budenholzer, Vinnie Del Negro, Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr, Mike Prunty, Jacques Vaughn, and Monty Williams have ac ulated an aggregate record of 2014-1610 with 7 Finals appearances an 3 championships. There’s a reason teams pick from the Tree of Pop.
    Like that had to do with them.

The reason is most people lack independent thought and rely on groupthink. These idiots actually think because of the success here that there's some magic in the air and it'll rub off on their organization.

People need to learn, now more than ever, they're largely irrelevant. Stevens was the golden boy between Kerr and Nurse and now his star is dimming because of his supposed inability to adjust and ISO heavy offense. Wait until the Raptors luck runs out at some point, Nurse's 15 minutes are up and they're anointing the next great white hope.

Thread Information