Jalen McDaniels

School: San Diego State
    Position: SF/PF
    Height: 6-foot-9.75
    Weight: 191.6
    Wingspan: 7-foot-0.25
    Draft Range: 30 to 50
    Combine Results? Yes

Why: Very impressive ball-handler for his size -- has the hesitations and the moves to create space. He has a plethora of leaners, bankers and floaters he can unleash on his way to the basket. Moves well without the ball and runs the court with purpose in transition. Court vision is a strength and his passes are almost always on target. His defense is already good -- both on and off the ball. His length and quickness give him a high ceiling on that end. Drafting combo forwards out of San Diego State has worked out well for the Spurs.

Why Not: He has a strange body for a basketball player: high center of gravity and a slender frame that doesn't appear capable of holding much muscle. His truest position right now is a small ball four but he's too skinny to do that for long stretches as a pro -- and doesn't have rim-protecting instincts. Only about a B athlete who doesn't finish at the rim well. Jumper looks okay but the release point is a bit low. Hit only 32% of threes on a mediocre rate (4.1 per 100 possessions). Sank less than half (49.5%) of his twos because he's too much in love with midrange jumpers.

Spurs Fit: Needs time in Austin to complete conversion to the perimeter. Eventually -- if the conversion is a success -- fits well next to White, Murray, Walker and Poeltl.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Ganglier Willie Anderson

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Anorexic Chucky Brown

College Stats
    Highlight Video
    Tankathon Profile
    The Stepien Profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a 2nd round flyer. Hands look small. Seems to be better options looking for some high side.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this guy high potential. Great length and movement skills. And comes with a good offensive skill set.
    I don't care if he is skinny or ready to enter a body building compe ion. That's not what basketball is right now. It's about length, shooting, and movement skills. And McDaniels has all 3.
    He's a 6'9" SF that can score in a mul ude of ways

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    San Diego State? Pass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A gangly Willie Anderson is a OK with me. Willie Anderson was a stud if not for the injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's our next franchise star, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is a closet freak: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ls-having-sex/

I'm not one to judge but the Spurs probably don't draft him///

Thread Information