Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is well on his way to becoming the GOAT.

As team Leader: 2 NBA Championships, 2 Finals MVPs, for 2 different teams. Age 28, as of Summer 2019.

He's already ahead of where Jordan was at age 28, and you can put him slightly above Kobe because of Kobe's lack of finals MVPs/not being the team leader on his first 3 champonship years. If Kawhi wins a ring this year, and he's already tied with LeBron's failure of a legacy, with 3 rings and a 3-1 (.750) Finals series record, plus 3-0 as the best player on his team and 2 out of the 3 within the superior Western Conference.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    17ppg career average
    "GOAT"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't the team leader on 2014 finals. He won the Finals MVP because Tim wanted him to.

He'll never be the GOAT, but I think he has top 10 potential. If he wins a ship with Clippers I don't see how you can't put him in.

But GOAT? Nahh son, he was a roleplayer 5 years ago.

Edit: Also, OP is the worst poster on this site and is the human equivalent to trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't the team leader on 2014 finals. He won the Finals MVP because Tim wanted him to.

He'll never be the GOAT, but I think he has top 10 potential. If he wins a ship with Clippers I don't see how you can't put him in.

But GOAT? Nahh son, he was a roleplayer 5 years ago.

Edit: Also, OP is the worst poster on this site and is the human equivalent to trash.
    1) I love Timmy, but Kawhi was definitely the best player on the team in the 2014 Finals, especially after the first two games.
    2) Why can't he be the GOAT? If you only go by meaningless stats like PPG etc., how can you also declare that Tom Brady is the GOAT of football? He's definitely not the GOAT of stats, but both players are the most winning players (%) over a long interval of time, and winning is by far the most important stat.
    3) If Kawhi was a role player 5 years ago, then what does that make Kobe before 2005? How about LeBronze with the Heatles? Can't have double standards, now.
    4) NO U

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan did it with 2 MVPs ROY and a bunch of all star games at age 26.

Your troll schtick is just a take

Step up your game before hanging with the big bois.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) I love Timmy, but Kawhi was definitely the best player on the team in the 2014 Finals, especially after the first two games.
    2) Why can't he be the GOAT? If you only go by meaningless stats like PPG etc., how can you also declare that Tom Brady is the GOAT of football? He's definitely not the GOAT of stats, but both players are the most winning players (%) over a long interval of time, and winning is by far the most important stat.
    3) If Kawhi was a role player 5 years ago, then what does that make Kobe before 2005? How about LeBronze with the Heatles? Can't have double standards, now.
    4) NO U
    One, I never said Brady is the GOAT of football you re . The are you bringing Brady up for?

Kawhi was a roleplayer early in his career. Players like Duncan and Johnson were winning chips while being the best player on the team in their earliest years. Players like Barkley and Jordan were immediately recognized as dominant players in their early years. That puts you in GOAT contention, not being in the best system in basketball on a consistent playoff contender giving you time to grow and develop into something greater.

2014 Kawhi was NOT the leader of the team, he was the most athletic and the hungriest. The same reason Tim didn't win that FMVP was the same reason he didn't win the previous one. Now granted, Kawhi has become an incredible player, and I thought he was the best player on the planet the year ZaZa hurt him, and is CLEARLY the best in todays game. But dude isn't and never will be GOAT status.

Two, why in the do you keep bringing up other players? Who said anything about Kobe Bryant? Kobe was great in the early 2000s, but yes Shaq was the best player on the team. That doesn't make Kobe a roleplayer though, he was a clear star player and rapist at that point. And what are you even talking about with Lebron and the Heat? Are you saying he wasn't the clear best player on the team?

Honestly Andy, you're so ing stupid. I really think something is wrong with you mentally.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll give Kawhi the last 2-3 years, but cmon, he played with the greatest winning trio of all time.

Plus we don’t even know how long his quad will hold up. He could be done in 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17ppg career average
    "GOAT"
    end up at 22 when its all said and done. His usage rate the last couple years have been so high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step up your game before hanging with the big bois.
    No offense but boi is slang for got or trans FYI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense but boi is slang for got or trans FYI
    That’s what he was trying to do. No?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what he was trying to do. No?
    maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apo alt thread is apo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 finals MVPs with 3 different teams would be a feat that is almost impossible to match, tbh.

And not even trolling: already a better peak than Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember the Shane Battier/Shawn Marion ceiling takes? Good times, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    3 finals MVPs with 3 different teams would be a feat that is almost impossible to match, tbh.
    That would be very Ronaldesque tbh. Props to Kiwi for stepping out of his comfort zone and succeeding, unlike the system midget tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be very Ronaldesque tbh. Props to Kiwi for stepping out of his comfort zone and succeeding, unlike the system midget tbh.
    the product of iniestgoat and xavi. Its not surprising they won worldcup while messi cries at home for losing against Bolivia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Kawhi is a system player". Great take son. Really held up in time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also:

United. Real. Which would be the third "finals MVP" team for Sidenaldo? Or are you counting that time Portugal ringed thanks to the guy that got in when Sidenaldo got hurt at the beggining of a final?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also:

United. Real. Which would be the third "finals MVP" team for Sidenaldo? Or are you counting that time Portugal ringed thanks to the guy that got in when Sidenaldo got hurt at the beggining of a final?
    Yes.

Lionel Harden outside Catalunya = A big fat 0

Imagine being the so called GOAT and spending your athletic prime winning only la liga

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    He can't be the GOAT unless he rattles off 5 to 8 straight ringz, but if you really want to cause a meltdown upstairs, ask how many more finals MVPs he has to win until he surpasses Tim in the all time rankings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't be the GOAT unless he rattles off 5 to 8 straight ringz, but if you really want to cause a meltdown upstairs, ask how many more finals MVPs he has to win until he surpasses Tim in the all time rankings
    Cam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll never be able to surpass Duncan or Jordan, but everyone else is fair game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll give Kawhi the last 2-3 years, but cmon, he played with the greatest winning trio of all time.

Plus we don’t even know how long his quad will hold up. He could be done in 3 years.
    The geriatric s version of them, tbh.

Bruce Bowen played with the greatest winning trio of all time. Kawhi led the s of those 3 back from the dead to ultimate glory.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 10-30-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Thread Information