Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I haven't really followed the offseason... are Patriots still the team to beat or is it the Chiefs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    marg bar ghazi

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    bend over, I'll fill you the F in

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I haven't really followed the offseason... are Patriots still the team to beat or is it the Chiefs.
    Mahomes with a year of tape I'm sure he'll be so tough to beat

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    until Bill Belichick retires it's always going to be the Pats in the AFC as the team to beat.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Even if Tyreek Hill isn't suspended the Chiefs have too many question marks IMO. They went overboard in changing their defense to a 4-3 when they actually had decent personnel for a 3-4 but just needed a coordinator who wasn't historically ty.

New England actually stayed the same or got better at more or less every position other than tight end and maybe defensive end, but Brady's arm is going to continue getting weaker the same way it has the last 2 years. They're going to need a more run heavy offense this year and they'll need to avoid getting in shoot outs during the regular season. They also don't have a replacement for Brian Flores so Belichick will have to go back to calling plays on defense, which didn't work well the last time it happened.

I still pick New England because I like the improvements they made to their defensive personnel but Brady's age is a ticking time bomb at this point and it might have already gone off. If 2018 wasn't the last year of good QB play from him this year is going to be.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Even if Tyreek Hill isn't suspended the Chiefs have too many question marks IMO. They went overboard in changing their defense to a 4-3 when they actually had decent personnel for a 3-4 but just needed a coordinator who wasn't historically ty.

New England actually stayed the same or got better at more or less every position other than tight end and maybe defensive end, but Brady's arm is going to continue getting weaker the same way it has the last 2 years. They're going to need a more run heavy offense this year and they'll need to avoid getting in shoot outs during the regular season. They also don't have a replacement for Brian Flores so Belichick will have to go back to calling plays on defense, which didn't work well the last time it happened.

I still pick New England because I like the improvements they made to their defensive personnel but Brady's age is a ticking time bomb at this point and it might have already gone off. If 2018 wasn't the last year of good QB play from him this year is going to be.
    Jarrett Stidham doesn't have Brady's height but he's very accurate and smart and pretty mobile as well (4.7, faster than Wentz or Luck or Mayfield). I think the Patriots will still be at or near the top of the AFC post-Brady until Belichick decides to quit.

You're right about the Chiefs IMO. They still don't have a reliable running back; Carlos Hyde is a tweener and Damien Williams is a scatback. Sure Mahomes has the best arm in football but he's young and there's a lot of tape out on him now. The Oline which was already iffy didn't get better, and the defense should be better with a 4-3 and better DC and secondary (Thornhill/Mathieu) and a bunch of former Cowboys linebackers, but I think the offense takes quite a step backwards that you might be looking at a 8-10 win season and on the fringe of not making the playoffs.

The Browns and Chargers have the 2 most talented rosters (offense/defense) in the AFC and it's not really close. Question is, one is really young and the other has a big time reputation for choking, so will they really challenge the Patriots this upcoming season?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the loss of gronk is gonna be big... a lot of pressure on N'Keal Harry imo. or josh gordon needs to be a thing

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the loss of gronk is gonna be big... a lot of pressure on N'Keal Harry imo. or josh gordon needs to be a thing
    None of the Patriots early receiver draft picks have ever been really good... I mean Malcolm Mitc did produce in one of the Super Bowls, but he was never heard from again

1st round WR is almost always a terrible pick... unless you can get a Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones type of generational talent, or trading the 27th overall pick for a former #4 overall guy in Cooper who already is entering his prime.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Belichick/Brady simply on a whole other level than any other HC/QB duo in the NFL, and nothing is more important. It all starts right there.

I can't see anyone beating the Pats in 2019 barring a load of injuries.

Yes I know....boring.

Thread Information