San Antonio Spurs
    https://gizmodo.com/uber-and-lyft-dr...cussion-region

They are claiming this is gross pay and it is $15/hr after expenses

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Yeah, them. Put the work in to get a real job if you want to make $30/hr.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    https://gizmodo.com/uber-and-lyft-dr...cussion-region

They are claiming this is gross pay and it is $15/hr after expenses
    Probably not off by much. Don't know why these guys didn't think about it before starting all this tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Probably not off by much. Don't know why these guys didn't think about it before starting all this tbh.
    It used to be super lucrative with bonuses and better mileage pay years ago, now the market is saturated and Every other car has a Uber sticker on it and the pay has dropped

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Who could've possibly seen that coming?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Get Bernie in there to shake all the excess profit from the execs and boost the drivers.
    Ya I like it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Do taxi drivers make $30 an hour?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Do taxi drivers make $30 an hour?
    Nowhere near that. Their compensation varies with the terms of their contracts, but they generally don't have to pay for maintenance of the cab.

I'm sure the Uber drivers are aiming high and I'm just as sure Uber will tell them to pound sand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    these bums went to 4 year university of uber driving or what?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pretty sure every driver I had in Australia was "singh". Could be the same family doing all the driving.

No , latest driver is named "Arshdeep".

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Pretty sure every driver I had in Australia was "singh". Could be the same family doing all the driving.

No , latest driver is named "Arshdeep".
    I hate pesky indians... honestly don't know why trump hasn't deported those dirty incestuous arranged-marriage armpit-smelling creeps yet. Get them out of the IT offices, if nothing else.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nothing but armenians and turks in LA besides the one illegal hondoruran i got who kept asking me about trump and got nothing but laughs from me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hate pesky indians... honestly don't know why trump hasn't deported those dirty incestuous arranged-marriage armpit-smelling creeps yet. Get them out of the IT offices, if nothing else.
    I don't think I've ever met an Indian I didn't like tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    these bums went to 4 year university of uber driving or what?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I don't think I've ever met an Indian I didn't like tbh.
    soddy? cahn ai hedp youu? would youu dlaik sohm ov mai y vegeteddian coody?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol and what would the price-per-ride increase to? Literally the only qualification is having a drivers licence and a semi-reliable vehicle. You probably can't be a convicted rapist though. Most uber drivers do it to supplement their income. It isn't something that should be considered a long-term career path.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    taxi drivers dont even make that much, cause not all drivers own the taxi licence which costs +700k b4 uber arrive, and now those licences are worth only $100k

if u dont own a taxi licence to operate a fleet of vehicles, then u are basically hired driver where you give half ur earnings to the person who owns the licence that subcontracts you to do the driving...

as for uber..lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Lol and what would the price-per-ride increase to? Literally the only qualification is having a drivers licence and a semi-reliable vehicle. You probably can't be a convicted rapist though. Most uber drivers do it to supplement their income. It isn't something that should be considered a long-term career path.
    I guarantee you the bums that are making these demands are the lazy s that don't have anything else and want a "career" with a flexible schedule that pays really well without having to put time/money into a degree. I doubt that the people who actually use this for it's intended purpose (supplemental income) give a . I know I wasn't whining about my wage when I was delivering pizzas for minimum wage in my younger years.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guarantee you the bums that are making these demands are the lazy s that don't have anything else and want a "career" with a flexible schedule that pays really well without having to put time/money into a degree. I doubt that the people who actually use this for it's intended purpose (supplemental income) give a . I know I wasn't whining about my wage when I was delivering pizzas for minimum wage in my younger years.
    Did you ever deliver any heart shaped pizzas?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It used to be super lucrative with bonuses and better mileage pay years ago, now the market is saturated and Every other car has a Uber sticker on it and the pay has dropped
    I think this is the issue here. The business model was flawed from the worker perspective. With such easy supply in terms of workforce, demand for any particular Uber driver's services has now dropped to the point where they simply are not going to earn much.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Then they should go out and get a degree or a trade school certificate and do something productive that isn't a supersaturated and easy market to enter with no barriers to entry other than a driver's license.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Snowflakes doing snowflake things, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think degrees are the be-all end-all either. There's plenty of lazy s out there that think they're owed something just because they paid for a piece of paper.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I don't think degrees are the be-all end-all either. There's plenty of lazy s out there that think they're owed something just because they paid for a piece of paper.
    True true. Shouldn't have suggested that a degree is the only way. I think we can all agree that every way takes more work than just having a drivers license though.

Thread Information