Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya well put. Posted the same in Kawhi thread.

He playing through pain now but couldnt do it for the team that set him up for 6 years and rehabbed all season on their dime. Then to really screw the team demanded a trade , at the same hurting his trade value to force acertain destination . A selfish me-first prick comes to mind.
    Totally agree and honestly I just want it over. I don't think I have ever been so bitter about a player in all of my sports rooting life. It pains me to be rooting for the Warriors but I cannot stomach this mofo. You said it best couldn't play through injury for the orginization that made him and worse couldn't even sit in the bench to root for them and ne a part of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is such a juvenile way of looking at it... Playing through pain now doesn't mean that it would have been the same then... Different scenarios...
    Please it's not a juvenile way because however much pain he was in whether the injury was worse then or not he still could of sat his mute dumb ass on the bench and supported his team. I bet anyone of us would take 19 million to just sit on a bench. The guy was but hurt by possibly two people and I guess the rest of the team could go to too but I will gladly still take my check thank you.
    Last edited by Payote75; 06-01-2019 at 11:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media is desperate for another star that they can pump money out of now that Lebron is getting old. They are testing out the waters to see if #2 can be that guy who can generate ratings and revenue for them. They are also hoping he will go to LA. I guarantee that he would not be getting the type of love he is getting now if he had decided to be a Spur for life.
    i can see that point but the nba is barking up the wrong tree if they think this dumbass mute quitter is going to sit on Browns throne. Bron has more charisma marketability and actually is well spoken that kawitter will ever have. But I'd love to have that pressure the nba will lay on him crush him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will definitely go to LA this summer regardless of whether or not the Raptors win the championship. The Spurs however were stupid by not milking him during his final year. You guys could have gotten one last championship out of him and you threw that away. You never throw away opportunities to win les in this league.
    So he es out on the team for an entire year to the point that he’s hiding from teammates and the front office and we are supposed to welcome him back with open arms? him. him and his stupid ass uncle. He doesn’t have some long-term future anyway. The dude is 27 years old, has bad knees and a bad quad. His health is a mess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can see that point but the nba is barking up the wrong tree if they think this dumbass mute quitter is going to sit on Browns throne. Bron has more charisma marketability and actually is well spoken that kawitter will ever have. But I'd love to have that pressure the nba will lay on him crush him.
    I think #2 is a sociopath so he doesn't feel pressure but I do agree with everything else that you said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only way the Spurs can redeem themselves is if

A. Nephew's quad gets worse and worse and he falls off a cliff when he should still be in his prime (in the next 4 years)

B. They draft a stud at 29

C. They flip DeRozan and/or Poeltl for a franchise player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the player is asking for a trade to a team in "LA" and no one really knows how healthy he is, and hasn't played in a year, then no team, Spurs or otherwise have any realistic leverage. Therefore, they've got back whatever they could get. It's known they tried to get better pieces (on paper) from other teams but no one played ball - and doing that shopping took some valuable time and delayed things quite a bit.

It is said other teams who could have participated weren't ready to trade their best for two main reasons: 1) no real understanding of how healthy he was, and 2) didn't know whether he would stay and sign after one year

I'm still shocked/surprised the Spurs managed to get 2 players and a pick with these constraints, and one of the players in DDR is actually pretty good. Of course a lot of things happened, they are new and there were injuries in the roster but the FO has an opportunity to do something this summer and get this team to a better place.

All the name-calling and stupid you read in this site comes from know-nothing elements that can be ignored most of the time.
    Kawhi-stans are picky. They pick information that puts the Spurs, FO and its players in a bad light and choose to ignore that Kawhi's team pressured the Spurs to trade him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For whatever reason, the Spurs relationship with Kawhi went sour. Who knows if this was all manufactured, but that's the reality.

Let's be honest, guys like David Robinson (who isn't even part of the official org) was pretty upset with Kawhi.

So they did what they had to do. The Raptors traded someone they wanted to unload and the Spurs gifted both Kawhi and Danny. So Spurs were looking for a future beyond a year while the Raptors were win now or never.

Unlike Paul George, Leonard wasn't healthy, so the market was a lot smaller. Everyone remembers what happened to Isiah Thomas. The Pacers got two good assets in Oladipo and Sabonis. They got a better deal than DeRozan and Poetl. Lakers and Boston are also kicking themselves for not pulling trigger on trade. Lakers didn't make the playoffs and Boston were worse this season. In hind sight, everyone knows what they did wrong.

But even in hindsight, nobody can know in Leonard could have helped the Spurs. Nobody knows if he would have mended fences. Moving to a new team is different from staying in a team that you can't resolve simple issues with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Robinson actually IS part of the Spurs organization - part of the ownership group (minority percentage owner).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree and honestly I just want it over. I don't think I have ever been so bitter about a player in all of my sports rooting life. It pains me to be rooting for the Warriors but I cannot stomach this mofo. You said it best couldn't play through injury for the orginization that made him and worse couldn't even sit in the bench to root for them and ne a part of the team.
    Word

Please it's not a juvenile way because however much pain he was in whether the injury was worse then or not he still could of sat his mute dumb ass on the bench and supported his team. I bet anyone of us would take 19 million to just sit on a bench. The guy was but hurt by possibly two people and I guess the rest of the team could go to too but I will gladly still take my check thank you.
    Good posts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Traded Shq in his prime because primma donna...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers could not get Kawhi no matter what was offered... Not sure why Spurs fan who are closest to the reporting can't get that... Boston preferred to save their war chest for AD LOL ... Philly no excuses for them abd Kawhi made them pay
    I'm pretty sure that this is wrong.

As I understand the situation, the Lakers threw a low-ball offer, (like all the other teams involved) because they thought Kawhi was forcing his way out & to them. If they had treated it like a serious opportunity to get a MVP candidate, and put a worthwhile package together, I'm pretty sure that SAS would have taken the value. Just because it would have blown everyone else out of the water. For example, before the 2018 draft, offering:

pick 25 (made by LA for SAS), Ingram, Randle on an S&T, 2020 and 2022 FRP's

Would almost assuredly have got it done. As I understand it, what was put on the table was one of Ingram/Randle/Ball and pick 25 + filler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As I understand the situation, the Lakers threw a low-ball offer, (like all the other teams involved) because they thought Kawhi was forcing his way out & to them. If they had treated it like a serious opportunity to get a MVP candidate, and put a worthwhile package together, I'm pretty sure that SAS would have taken the value. Just because it would have blown everyone else out of the water. For example, before the 2018 draft, offering:

Would almost assuredly have got it done. As I understand it, what was put on the table was one of Ingram/Randle/Ball and pick 25 + filler.
    So, three late first, Mr. blood clots, and hope that Randle agrees to a S&T?

There was never gong to be a trade with LA. Pop calling Demps during the AD episode and telling him not to trade with LA kinda made that clear.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There was never gong to be a trade with LA. Pop calling Demps during the AD episode and telling him not to trade with LA kinda made that clear.
    No . Randle would have also negotiated a huge contract with that kind of leverage and it was one position the Spurs absolutely did not need another starter at with LMA here. Ingram without the blood clots is nothing special. He had five good games after the Allstar break after 47 disappointing ones. I'm sick of hearing every summer how next year Ingram will finally be good, that he's a star in the making. The guy is still a below average player statistically who puts up empty scoring numbers because someone other than LeBron has to take shots too, and his potential looks like low end starting material, maybe midrange starting material in a good case. People crap all over DeRozan but he is largely responsible for the Spurs being one of the top offenses in the league (though largely responsible for making them one of the worst defenses too )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Summer 2018 is prior to Ingram's diagnosis... he had more value. Ingram on a rookie contract vs Derozan for $27M annually. Value wise that looks close to a tie to me. Randle vs Poetl. I think Randle is generally considered the more valuable player (IMO), although the contract situation is in Poetl's favor. How much would Randle get? I'd say 4 ys /80 million at most... (and we had to do something to take salary back). 25 the 2018 draft >> 29 in 2019. 2 more first round picks (again, before Lebron went to LA), which could really blow up in our favor if things come apart in LA (especially in 2022, Lebron could be retired, and Kawhi out of he league with his chronic injury...).

Yeah, that trumps what we got from TOR... I doubt that PATFO would have passed that up just to spite LAL and Kawhi. Although I could see them at least trying to leverage the LAL offer to pry a better offer out of somewhere (the East or even LAC) ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summer 2018 is prior to Ingram's diagnosis... he had more value. Ingram on a rookie contract vs Derozan for $27M annually. Value wise that looks close to a tie to me. Randle vs Poetl. I think Randle is generally considered the more valuable player (IMO), although the contract situation is in Poetl's favor. How much would Randle get? I'd say 4 ys /80 million at most... (and we had to do something to take salary back). 25 the 2018 draft >> 29 in 2019. 2 more first round picks (again, before Lebron went to LA), which could really blow up in our favor if things come apart in LA (especially in 2022, Lebron could be retired, and Kawhi out of he league with his chronic injury...).

Yeah, that trumps what we got from TOR... I doubt that PATFO would have passed that up just to spite LAL and Kawhi. Although I could see them at least trying to leverage the LAL offer to pry a better offer out of somewhere (the East or even LAC) ...

we took a deal homie.All the what ifs arent going to make that sandwhich taste any better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah, Spurs liked Kuzma when he got drafted and like Hart too. Kuzma, Hart, Zubac and a pick + filler (KCP) would have got it done. But not Ingram, Lonzo or that other trash the Fakers have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers would have finished 4th place this year in the West had Lebron not gotten hurt. His injury disrupted the Lakers momentum plus the Davis trade rumor afterwards caused chemistry problems. If the Lakers are healthy they will be top 4 in the West next season while the Spurs will be in the lottery.
    Spurs have been in the playoffs 29 out of the last 30 years. Only 4 times in that time span did they win less than 50 games and two of the four were in strike shortened years.

In what universe is anyone laughing at the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A. Nephew's quad gets worse and worse and he falls off a cliff when he should still be in his prime (in the next 4 years)

i don't get why the Spurs need to prove anything to anyone though that's first and foremost. that being said why do they need to redeem themselves? What could they have done differently? They tried to mend fences they basically phased out Parker and ginobli which if the mute really wanted to mend fences without those two who else was the beef with? Pop? He really hated the orginization 80 million dollars worth of hatred???? Was there a trade out there we were hearing that was better?
    At one point we were all scoffing at taking the lakers young players just to spite kaweasel and we thought the rumor was basically the whole laker team. And yes if that was indeed on the table I would of said screw the mute do what's best for us. Kuzma hart ball Ingram randle LMAO..... Had that been the case the spurs with there current young players and those or a combination of those would really be in a good spot and who knows where we draft or if we would of had a Lakers pick. BUT as things started to leak out we found out the lakers were squeezing us like Philly was and we were being offered . So what should we have done spite him and keep him setting us up for bigger failure???? Roll the dice keep him and hope his mute ass and dirtbag uncle change there minds?

Spurs dont need to redeem themselves at all. He literally ed the franchise over didn't even have enough class to privately go ask for a trade let the orginization know there ain't no coming back from this and i want out and let the Spurs get max value for him. But NO he had to embarrass and give it to the Spurs rt up the you know what. What a classy way to repay an orginization that made you , handed you the keys and their fan base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been in the playoffs 29 out of the last 30 years. Only 4 times in that time span did they win less than 50 games and two of the four were in strike shortened years.

perfectly said!!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!
    my sentiments exactly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't get why the Spurs need to prove anything to anyone though that's first and foremost. that being said why do they need to redeem themselves? What could they have done differently? They tried to mend fences they basically phased out Parker and ginobli which if the mute really wanted to mend fences without those two who else was the beef with? Pop? He really hated the orginization 80 million dollars worth of hatred???? Was there a trade out there we were hearing that was better?
    At one point we were all scoffing at taking the lakers young players just to spite kaweasel and we thought the rumor was basically the whole laker team. And yes if that was indeed on the table I would of said screw the mute do what's best for us. Kuzma hart ball Ingram randle LMAO..... Had that been the case the spurs with there current young players and those or a combination of those would really be in a good spot and who knows where we draft or if we would of had a Lakers pick. BUT as things started to leak out we found out the lakers were squeezing us like Philly was and we were being offered . So what should we have done spite him and keep him setting us up for bigger failure???? Roll the dice keep him and hope his mute ass and dirtbag uncle change there minds?

Spurs dont need to redeem themselves at all. He literally ed the franchise over didn't even have enough class to privately go ask for a trade let the orginization know there ain't no coming back from this and i want out and let the Spurs get max value for him. But NO he had to embarrass and give it to the Spurs rt up the you know what. What a classy way to repay an orginization that made you , handed you the keys and their fan base.
    Perfectly agree!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know why you're writing an essay when I been the one saying the things you just said. I'm just saying ESPN and all those other gots gone criticize the Spurs forever for letting nephew go, so if they want that narrative to die one of those things has to happen or the Spurs have to ring. Otherwise you'll hear about the trade of the decade every month from now on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And what do the Raptors need to do in order to redeem themselves if he bolts for LA or wherever after the finals? This is not so much about the organization but about the individual player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why you're writing an essay when I been the one saying the things you just said. I'm just saying ESPN and all those other gots gone criticize the Spurs forever for letting nephew go, so if they want that narrative to die one of those things has to happen or the Spurs have to ring. Otherwise you'll hear about the trade of the decade every month from now on
    The media does not like the Spurs because we are not big headlines, so I don't care about that. But the issues with this clown will continue regardless of location..

Needing 20 plus games off a season, maybe more as he ages..
    Being ultra sensitive about really everything. "Don't pressure me. Or even look at me angry, or I will run and hide"
    Uncle wanting new houses, cars, and a line of call girls etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly and we will draft well this year like always. Be right in the mix again. Fans years from now will not miss this idiot. He was not worth all this drama. He is not Tim or David.. Let him go..

Thread Information