View Poll Results: Who will go down in history as greater?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Curry

4 21.05%
  • Lebron James

15 78.95%
    Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Measured by their impact on the sport (not skill alone), who do you think will ultimately be remembered as greater - Stephen Curry or Lebron James?
    In 10 years who will be more of a household name?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sublime - LBJ of course

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LeBron is the GOAT, Curry isn't even in the discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is in the conversation for top 3. I dont even think Curry is a unanimous top 15.

Da are people smoking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like asking if Tobias Harris is better than Kawhi. Smdh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    James -> Peyton

Curry -> Brady

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fred VanFeet

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron is in the conversation for top 3. I dont even think Curry is a unanimous top 15.

Da are people smoking?
    This.
    I will say as far as impact on style of play Steph enters the conversation.

But LeBron was the greater player top 5 overall
    Unquestionably the best SF ever imho
    Bird as great as he was it's s not even truly close.
    Only Duncan and Jordan or more definitive in my eyes as the clear goat at their spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron and it's not close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Fred van Vleet better than Allen Iverson?
    who’s the king of the pygmy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Fred van Vleet better than Allen Iverson?
    who’s the king of the pygmy?
    Fitty Mills.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How some people are blded is beyond me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did someone just watch that bull steph curry facebook do entary that keeps getting advertised?

Really though, it's not even close enough to debate. Curry will go down as a great player. Lebron is going down as one of the two greatest that ever played the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did someone just watch that bull steph curry facebook do entary that keeps getting advertised?

Really though, it's not even close enough to debate. Curry will go down as a great player. Lebron is going down as one of the two greatest that ever played the game.
    no

My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is the winner just for tricking people into having this discussion lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I mean some people saying curry isn’t even in the conversation are underappreciating how great of a player he is. Smaller guys rarely get the dues they deserve if curry already has 3 championships and if he manages another 1 or 2 les that’s putting him in Kobe territory. Honestly I don’t really give a about all these debates, all I know is curry has been the most exciting player to watch in basketball since he was at Davidson. I’d argue more entertaining than LBJ because he does it with skill not natural strength.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Lebron is the Wilt of this generation. Cute longevity marks but head to head he was everyones punching bag.

Dirk just on him again

Who does James have bragging rights over? Rose, George, the great Al Holford
    Last edited by FrostKing; 05-27-2019 at 02:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron destroying Steph Curry :

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The question cannot be answered correctly because it’s really two separate questions with two different answers.

LeBron will be remembered 10 years, 20 years, 50 years from now more than Curry. He has been the face of the league for 12, maybe even 15 years. He’s been marketed, promoted, recycled into not only basketball culture but everyday culture from Sprite commercials to rap songs to podcasts to Boys & Girls Club Decision specials to the Heatles back to the Comic Sans Prodigal Son Homecoming. Curry’s most memorable moments off the court involve his daughter at his post games at the Finals and his thirsty wife seeking media attention. It’s no contest. LBron will be remembered more.

But the question slickly asks about actual impact on the sport. Curry’s ridiculous shooting ability and range has been the first wave of a burgeoning analytical strategy based on three point shooting that has not only taken over most of the league already but changed the game and game strategy. Maybe the league was headed that way regardless. But Curry was like a harbinger. And his shooting exploits have been perhaps the evidence some teams, some GMs, some coaches needed to see to be swayed into believing that’s where basketball was headed. Curry’s impact, good, bad, or otherwise, has been greater on the game of basketball. And I don’t think it’s close.

But LeBron will be remembered more.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Come on now...

You can hate on LBJ and rank him about as low as 5. You can love Steph and rank him borderline at around 10.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    In terms of legacy and celebrity, there really isn’t a current player that can match LeBron. Honestly, the player who might have the best chance to become as big a household name might be Zion. Greatness on the court is just one part of the equation. Personality, charisma, marketability play big roles in fame and ultimately being remembered. It’s why guys like Durant and Kawhi no matter what they accomplish on the court will never be bigger than LeBron. And they won’t be viewed as greater than LeBron as far as common perception goes even if they do surpass him as players.

With Curry, perhaps a better comparison would be the likes of Harden and Russell Westbrook. Of those three, who will be remembered as the greater player 10, 20 years from now. Steph has the championships and the multiple MVPs. Harden has a memorable gimmick with his “beard.” Russ has historical triple-double seasons. Who will be remembered more of those three League MVPs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's closer than many people think.

They're both arguably on the all-time starting 5.

Thread Information