Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Danny were big on both sides. Happy for Danny.

But Warriors played with no intensity. I don't expect them to play that lazily for another game.
    Still think Warriors, probably in 6.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    holy ...We all know what the trade was, but sometimes it takes seeing it in writing to realize just how bad it really is
    I said it at the time of of the trade... Would at least settled for OG but I argued for Siakam.. Potel?!
    And if Usai wouldn't cave, you call his bluff.
    Spurs had the best player by far... Didn't want to deal with a bit of drama (my ing team wallows in it, unfortunately) but waiting for a better offer for your franchise player would have been worth it and prudent.
    I love this BS narrative and revisionist history that Spurs had no leverage.
    This trade is being praised for the Raptors gamble... But Pop and RC also should be called out for this fleece job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors came out rusty. They've been off for 2 weeks. Even then it wasn't a blowout. We'll see how the next game goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors came out rusty. They've been off for 2 weeks. Even then it wasn't a blowout. We'll see how the next game goes.
    Yeah I think they will be sharper in game 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it at the time of of the trade... Would at least settled for OG but I argued for Siakam.. Potel?!
    And if Usai wouldn't cave, you call his bluff.
    Spurs had the best player by far... Didn't want to deal with a bit of drama (my ing team wallows in it, unfortunately) but waiting for a better offer for your franchise player would have been worth it and prudent.
    I love this BS narrative and revisionist history that Spurs had no leverage.
    This trade is being praised for the Raptors gamble... But Pop and RC also should be called out for this fleece job.
    Speaking of revisionist history, how did you figure out trading a borderline all star for a top five (minimum) player would have been a risk to the raptors? Oh right, because Kawhi made it known he won’t resign with a team outside of LA and was willing to sit out a year to get his wish.

So what leverage did the spurs have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurse had a pretty good game plan. Trapping curry high on the pick and roll with gasol was unexpected.

Ball movement was solid on the raptors and they were able to manufacture open shots when The nephew was bottled up.

Van fleet was phenomenal defending curry in tandem with gasol.

Lowry player very smart throughout.

Siakim destroyed green.

Speaking of green. He made some very smart plays but just couldn’t contain siakim at all. Imagine him guarding Hakeem, Robinson, shaq, Ewing, or even Daugherty or mourning. He would’ve been annihilated. today’s nba.

LDN finding his shooting touch.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Speaking of revisionist history, how did you figure out trading a borderline all star for a top five (minimum) player would have been a risk to the raptors? Oh right, because Kawhi made it known he won’t resign with a team outside of LA and was willing to sit out a year to get his wish.

So what leverage did the spurs have.
    You wait.
    It's a game of ing high stakes poker.
    You wait and better offers may come and Kawhi's group could feel pressure mounting.
    As Harlem stated upstairs they did not just gamble on Kawhi staying they ing dumped a borderline all star with a superstar contract on you...
    Again DD played well but PATFO pussed out, period...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurse had a pretty good game plan. Trapping curry high on the pick and roll with gasol was unexpected.

Ball movement was solid on the raptors and they were able to manufacture open shots when The nephew was bottled up.

Siakim destroyed green.

Speaking of green. He made some very smart plays but just couldn’t contain siakim at all. Imagine him guarding Hakeem, Robinson, shaq, Ewing, or even Daugherty or mourning. He would’ve been annihilated. today’s nba.

That was a solid game plan but next game refs can just give Gasol 3-4 quick fouls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wait.
    It's a game of ing high stakes poker.
    You wait and better offers may come and Kawhi's group could feel pressure mounting.
    As Harlem stated upstairs they did not just gamble on Kawhi staying they ing dumped a borderline all star with a superstar contract on you...
    Again DD played well but PATFO pussed out, period...
    . Wait for what? Lakers offered garbage. Boston wasn’t willing to offer anything. All the teams that were not Contenders refused to offer anything because they all know he’s signing with LA after the season.

People like to rag on derozan but his contract is not out of place in today’s nba.

You just said the raptors took a risk. Now what would it be a risk at all if it was such a bad offer for the spurs?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A better analogy for Kawhi deal...
    PATFO was sitting on prime piece of real estate or premium blue-chip stock...
    Couple is divorcing but current market is a buyer's one.
    Husband begs wife to hold off on selling now until the markets settles she will get more if she waits but that who was banging the pool boy herself is so enraged that he wanted to relocate the family to a bigger city (and told her she should lose a few lbs and that her "aunty" was a bad influence... So she tells him sell that now give her her cut and I don't wanna discuss the any further talk to my lawyer. She has. Moved on cyz she is classy like that.

Spurs talk are the joint custody children.
    Some of Spur fan is loyal to daddy (and logic) and wanna see her suffer.. others just want to see her happy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fan trying to trash talk while their organization burns to the ground

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    . Wait for what? Lakers offered garbage. Boston wasn’t willing to offer anything. All the teams that were not Contenders refused to offer anything because they all know he’s signing with LA after the season.

People like to rag on derozan but his contract is not out of place in today’s nba.

You just said the raptors took a risk. Now what would it be a risk at all if it was such a bad offer for the spurs?
    A better ing offer.
    Lakers aren't only team
    Make Raptors give up more of you love DD that much.
    Just because DDs contract is in line with other ty contracts doesn't make it a good one.
    I said Raptors were being praised for a gamble
    What risk did they take they dumped a bad contract for a good player for a injured legit superstar who their own medical staff ing cleared to play...
    You don't get back their best young prospect...
    Whebda dis Usai surpass PATFO in negotiating?!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Laker fan trying to trash talk while their organization burns to the ground
    OH we a ing mess
    Doesnt change the facts of the Kawhi deal
    It's not trash talk I would still trade patffo for our show FO...
    None of that changes this..

And even great FO makes mistakes just admit this one and tank God you don't have ours...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH we a ing mess
    Doesnt change the facts of the Kawhi deal
    It's not trash talk I would still trade patffo for our show FO...
    None of that changes this..

And even great FO makes mistakes just admit this one and tank God you don't have ours...
    I've called out PATFO multiple times the past few years tbh. Still, seeing y'all bash the Spurs for poor FO decisions is hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Siakim destroyed green.

Even Kevin Duckworth (RIP) would destroy him tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors are eyeing Durant to be back in game 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The eye gouging nut kicking Draymond will be in full effect next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

teams trading star players at or near their peak never get anything resembling value back. lakers dead shaq for odom/butler/brian grant. people here thought ainge got robbed when he traded isaiah thomas and jae crowder for kyrie (seriously, people thought "omg AND JAE CROWDER???")

when a guy makes a trade demand known publicly, and even limits the cities he's willing to play for, the team has almost no leverage at all. it was just a matter of sending him to the eastern conference. best package was the clippers deal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Danny were big on both sides. Happy for Danny.

But Warriors played with no intensity. I don't expect them to play that lazily for another game.
    Still think Warriors, probably in 6.
    “No intensity” This is the ing finals. You don’t take games off in June. The Raptors are legit and are going to give the Warriors the most difficult series they’ve ever had. This isn’t a Lou Williams led team that took them to 6 games, a low IQ Rockets team that nearly pushed them 7, or a Blazer team who led a majority of the series despite being swept. A magical “switch” isn’t getting flipped. Toronto has all the tools to win this series handily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better ing offer.
    Lakers aren't only team
    Make Raptors give up more of you love DD that much.
    Just because DDs contract is in line with other ty contracts doesn't make it a good one.
    I said Raptors were being praised for a gamble
    What risk did they take they dumped a bad contract for a good player for a injured legit superstar who their own medical staff ing cleared to play...
    You don't get back their best young prospect...
    Whebda dis Usai surpass PATFO in negotiating?!
    Did the spurs get a better offer? Kawhi was holding off all year. When do they wait till? THe 2019 finals?

He nephew and his team stated multiple times he’s going to come back in the 2017-18 season and then didn’t, raising concerns that he can no longer play. The team also leaked that he nephew wanted to go to LA and LA only.

The raptors took a huge risk already as you noted and the spurs would wait for what exactly? The raptors to take a bigger risk?

Why would the raptors give up a young prospect for a one year rental for a star player who has shown he would sit out a year and potentially injured? Especially when there is no compe ion?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    “No intensity” This is the ing finals. You don’t take games off in June. The Raptors are legit and are going to give the Warriors the most difficult series they’ve ever had. This isn’t a Lou Williams led team that took them to 6 games, a low IQ Rockets team that nearly pushed them 7, or a Blazer team who led a majority of the series despite being swept. A magical “switch” isn’t getting flipped. Toronto has all the tools to win this series handily.
    We are humans. Over repeated success if not challenged our intensity & focus declines.

Warriors fan base seems to think Raptors hit their ceiling last night. I think one individual player did but Toronto as a whole still has another level.

One thing for sure: GS is not climbing out of an 0-2 hole without fully healthy Durant and that might not be an option

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did the spurs get a better offer? Kawhi was holding off all year. When do they wait till? THe 2019 finals?

He nephew and his team stated multiple times he’s going to come back in the 2017-18 season and then didn’t, raising concerns that he can no longer play. The team also leaked that he nephew wanted to go to LA and LA only.

The raptors took a huge risk already as you noted and the spurs would wait for what exactly? The raptors to take a bigger risk?

Why would the raptors give up a young prospect for a one year rental for a star player who has shown he would sit out a year and potentially injured? Especially when there is no compe ion?
    I never said huge risk I said they getting praise for a gamble when it was a fleecing...

Look I'm just taking credit like some said as well for valuing Kawhi appropriately and devaluing the DD plus poo-poo platter..
    It's like the KD over Oden I take pride in calling out the foolishness of the decision at the time of the trade not with some hindsight is 20/20 bull .
    But it's over now just don't like the BS spin.

Thread Information