Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does it take for them to give us #8, if say Hunter or someone like Cam Reddish are available?

The Hawks have a lots of young players and 4 draft picks including the 8th & 10th Pick. I don't see them keeping both of those picks.

What do you think it would take to do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans + Forbes + Mills our 2nd rd pick to give them veteran guard depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think that package gets the Spurs a top 10 pick??

Murray and Bertans would probably players that they want, plus 29th for their 10th pick makes more sense.

Murray can play alongside Young and gives them a starter than can defend multiple positions and has offensive up side. Atlanta values shooters and Bertans is still young enough to be a part of their future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u guys do like to over value that instagram scrub who has no jumpshot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan, bertans, mills, 2nd round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing. We have nothing they want. They’re not trading either of those picks to us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Thread is a moot point. Hunter/Reddish won’t be available at #8.

Would require a Derozan trade with earlier folks.

Which in all honesty will be necessary as White/Walker are gonna pass Derozan up on offensive efficiency and that salary is gonna be a death blow when he’s the #4 option behind Aldridge, White, Walker/Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills has negative value, so adding him makes that deal worse.

Not that he is is useless as a player, but teams aren't going to want him for that contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which in all honesty will be necessary as White/Walker are gonna pass Derozan up on offensive efficiency and that salary is gonna be a death blow when he’s the #4 option behind Aldridge, White, Walker/Murray
    Let's cool our jets on Walker for a bit. He's still basically a rookie. He has only played 118 NBA minutes and only looked so-so in those (flashes on offense, terrible on defense).

I think he has potential too, but he is a still a LONG ways away from being in the realm of DeRozan, or even White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's cool our jets on Walker for a bit. He's still basically a rookie. He has only played 118 NBA minutes and only looked so-so in those (flashes on offense, terrible on defense).

I think he has potential too, but he is a still a LONG ways away from being in the realm of DeRozan, or even White.
    I'm sure Walker could shoot 1/10 in the first half of a game 7 while playing mediocre defense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol did you not see him score 16 points in only like 6 minutes of playing time in the 4th quarter of @ Denver Nuggets near the end of the regular season? It’s not going to take him THAT long on the offensive end dude. He’s offensively advanced for a rookie

I think 16 points in like 6 minutes is pretty ing good for a start
    Last edited by Dennis the Menace; 05-26-2019 at 11:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about that guy from Texas Tech? Could go top 10 and maybe the hawks draft him for us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan, bertans, mills, 2nd round pick
    We ship out $55 million in salaries and they just give us the 8th pick back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing. We have nothing they want. They’re not trading either of those picks to us.
    They may not trade those picks anyway but I could see them wanting Murray and Bertans in a potiential trade for fit reasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills has negative value, so adding him makes that deal worse.

Not that he is is useless as a player, but teams aren't going to want him for that contract.
    Not true. The hawks need a back up PG and mills has value as a shooter off the bench

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We ship out $55 million in salaries and they just give us the 8th pick back?
    The hawks have no big contracts either. They can eat that while getting some between help for their young guys. And a stretch 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hawks have no big contracts either. They can eat that while getting some between help for their young guys. And a stretch 4
    Or they can just keep the 8th and 10th picks, be bad again and have a shot at another high pick to go alongside the players selected this draft + Trae Young and Collins.

The deal you suggested makes them better too quickly (not a good thing a rebuilding team) and far more expensive than they otherwise would be.

Bertans and Murray would be the building blocks of a trade for one of their picks but the Spurs would have to include one of our first's too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to get with the new NBA and draft outside athletic perimeter defenders and three point shooters. The SPURs front office needs to get creative with salary caps. I pray we do not become the Utah Jazz of the 2000's, where 50 win seasons and early 1st round exits out of the playoffs. We won 5 NBA les and the Spurs have to live up to the reputation they build.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Walker could shoot 1/10 in the first half of a game 7 while playing mediocre defense
    Let's ignore LMA poor series, including that game too. And let's ignore DD and Gay bringing the team back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are doing this for Hunter, most mocks have him going 4 or 5.

Basically, we have a better chance of getting the klaw back in silver and black than we do in drafting Hunter. I am not advocating for bringing benedict leonard back, just making a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about this trade with Atlanta:

Hawks get Derozan, Forbes, Metu, #19, #29

Spurs get Basemore, Prince, Spellman, Len, #8, #10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As long as Pop is running the team and Dumbmar is still on the roster, he will not be reduced to the #4 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think that package gets the Spurs a top 10 pick??

Murray and Bertans would probably players that they want, plus 29th for their 10th pick makes more sense.

Murray can play alongside Young and gives them a starter than can defend multiple positions and has offensive up side. Atlanta values shooters and Bertans is still young enough to be a part of their future.
    Especially in a mediocre draft, that is not an unreasonable proposal. The fit with Atlanta would be pretty good. I just don't see any of the guys I really would like falling to #10. But if the Spurs packaged #10 and #19, they might move up enough to get Hunter.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information