Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And has been in his ear all year about it.

Spurs have been pretty irritated since he took over as his manager, and the friction has to do with him sitting.

Was told this today from a pretty reliable source.

If nothing can be fixed, and if Kawhi is on his way to LA this summer, blame his uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And has been in his ear all year about it.

Spurs have been pretty irritated since he took over as his manager, and the friction has to do with him sitting.

Was told this today from a pretty reliable source.

If nothing can be fixed, and if Kawhi is on his way to LA this summer, blame his uncle.
    only one sauce? not multiple?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been rumors on top of rumors... river has pebbles in it.

Maybe Green knows about it and hired his new manager to get him the heck out of dodge too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly Magic Johnson has been tampering with superstars left and right.. up and down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a cancer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more a thread with the spurstalk stamp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's predetermined that he's going to L.A., why would either be willing to give up the requisite assets (which Clippers don't even have)? Maybe if James were willing to sign with Lakers, on the condition that they trade for Leonard, but James isn't stupid. A team of them, Ball and spare parts isn't a contender.

Outside of that scenario, neither L.A. team has the makings of a championship core and though Lakers obviously have better young talent, it's difficult to envision him wanting the spotlight that would come with being known as Lakers savior or waiting on their kids to develop.

Still say if he wants out, he's traded to Celtics. They can offer the best package and like Thunder with George, they'd likely take the risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuzma, Ingram and the like would be nice next to Dijon, White, Blossomgame even Rudy moving forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only one sauce? not multiple?
    Just one. Ruined my day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His uncle said something quite different to the press and if this is true the FO will be able to sue the family for every penny they have. He is being paid almost $40 million for this season and next to play and can’t sit out legally unless injured. He’s free to leave in 19/20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple: if he signs the the SuperMax this summer, we have nothing to worry about. If he declines, he's being traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt make this thread to convince anyone of anything.

Im just sharing information I was told.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still say if he wants out, he's traded to Celtics. They can offer the best package and like Thunder with George, they'd likely take the risk.
    OKC gave up crap they didn't want to pay any more. No way the Spurs would get anything decent out of Boston if Kawhi says he's going to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple: if he signs the the SuperMax this summer, we have nothing to worry about. If he declines, he's being traded.
    Basically this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's assuming the Spurs offer it. I think with a player like Kawhi, you almost HAVE to....But there have to be some concerns if he misses the entire season with a possibly degenerative knee condition.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC gave up crap they didn't want to pay any more. No way the Spurs would get anything decent out of Boston if Kawhi says he's going to LA.
    They likely didn't mind getting out of Oladipo's contract, but still viewed him as an asset at the same time, as well as Sabonis.

The only other chance Celtics might have at the type of player who could conceivably put them over the top anytime soon, is Davis. If they can get Leonard first, there's no sense of waiting. They'd be prohibitive favorites to get to the Finals and capable of beating Warriors. You dare a player to walk away from that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mormon hayward tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the attraction of LA ...

1) Taxes
    2) Cost of Living
    3) no where close to a play off team
    4) advertising dollars doesn't exactly flow to LA/NY markets exclusively anymore. Plus, he's not one for the big spot light as it is ...

He loses the super max contract unless Spurs deal him to the lakers? And then that would strip the lakers of any assets going forward ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just will not accept that he doesn't want to play bc he wants out. No way. That is the worst move I have seen in ANY NBA player. Heck Paul George wanted to be traded and was open about it and was still playing...

It does remind me of Kyrie Irving though. The rumors that came out of that situation were the Kyrie has a minor knee surgery will get done in the offseason, but if he wasn't traded he was going to have it done mid season and thus not be available to play for the Cavs. https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...g-knee-surgery
    Vardon reports that after Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert refused to honor Irving’s trade request, the All-Star guard threatened to sit out the season to have surgery on his knee, “convincing Gilbert and Cleveland’s front office that the relationship was not salvageable,” according to multiple unnamed sources.
    The procedure, which Vardon described as “a follow” to the surgery Irving had in 2015 to fix his broken left kneecap, is typically done in the offseason. However, Irving reportedly threatened to not come to training camp and schedule the operation during the regular season.
    I have been worried Kawhi has necrosis in that quad tendon. It will suck if he comes out with something like that. ^ If he wanted to push himself out, he would be making more noise about it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the attraction of LA ...

1) Taxes
    2) Cost of Living
    3) no where close to a play off team
    4) advertising dollars doesn't exactly flow to LA/NY markets exclusively anymore. Plus, he's not one for the big spot light as it is ...

He loses the super max contract unless Spurs deal him to the lakers? And then that would strip the lakers of any assets going forward ...
    - endorsement money would outweigh taxes
    - cost of living is pretty lol-worthy if you're making NBA max dollars
    - a lot more things to do than san antonio
    - great weather, location, oceans, etc
    - different political leaning...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - endorsement money would outweigh taxes
    - cost of living is pretty lol-worthy if you're making NBA max dollars
    - a lot more things to do than san antonio
    - great weather, location, oceans, etc
    - different political leaning...
    His family is closer too. He's local basically...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yep, this. Spurs will trade him if he declines the max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in his ear all you want.

We just took him to a couple of 60+ win seasons, WCF in position to steal home court, we can offer the supermax, we brought him up, and made him the Man...with an All-Star 2nd option that follows his lead.

Unless he's really disgruntled with the Spurs, they've got arguably the best offer on the market - no matter how egregiously PATFO handled the offseason.

Do you guys seriously think Kawhi ing Leonard is starry-eyed for that LA lifestyle? really?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    See this sucks because Spurs could have easily gotten Kyrie for Leonard from Cavs. Irving wanted to play for this team. Now Boston would probably not let Irving go even for Leonard.

Thread Information