Charles Bassey

School: Western Kentucky
    Position: C
    Height: 6-foot-10
    Weight: 239
    Wingspan: 7-foot-3.5
    Draft Range: Second Round
    Combine Results? Yes

Why: Big, powerful body. Impressive wingspan and good athleticism allows him to play even larger than his height (6-foot-8.75 without shoes). Has the frame to add even more muscle. Strong rebounder, particularly defensively. Blocks shots (2.4 per game) without fouling much (2.6 per game). Has shooting upside: hit 9-of-20 three-point attempts and 76.9% of his free throws. Has only been playing basketball for six years so could have room to improve. Nigeria native started his high school career in San Antonio.

Why Not: Plays a brand of basketball that is quickly going extinct in the NBA: a traditional center who relies on power to produce. Not a willing passer; turns it over when double-teamed. Averaged more than four times as many turnovers as assists. Too slow-footed to switch off onto perimeter players. Natural feel for the game lacking at both ends. Many scouts don't believe that his listed age is accurate.

Spurs Fit: A lot of time in Austin and then eventually begin in the NBA as a third-string center.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Dave Corzine

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Shawnelle Scott

College Stats
    Highlight Video
    Tankathon Profile
    BSO Profile

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he is better than is value now. Was not very good at the combine ( last in agility drill I think).

It could be a good thing if he slides because the spurs know him very well and he can be something in the nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Smart move by Bassey. He was looking at possibly second round, more likely undrafted.

Thread Information