My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...tling-dementia

Unfairly vilified, as Boston's bullpen blew that game before the error. Pour one out Reck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little bit before my time but RIP all the same.

The guy had to live with that one error for the rest of his life and on top of that had to deal with the fans, media all ting on him too. It's ironic he died from complications stemming from dementia. Damn

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfair to die that young especially from Alzheimer's which usually kills people in their 80s and 90s... WTF.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a more just world it would have been Calvin Schiraldi tbh

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Unfair to die that young especially from Alzheimer's which usually kills people in their 80s and 90s... WTF.
    He didn’t have Alzheimer’s. He had a more aggressive form of Dementia called Lewy Bodies Dementia.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Schiraldi and John MacNamara; Schiraldi for not holding a two-run lead with one out to go, MacNamara for leaving Billy Buck out there instead of taking him out for Dave Stapleton like he'd done all year in that situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schiraldi and John MacNamara; Schiraldi for not holding a two-run lead with one out to go, MacNamara for leaving Billy Buck out there instead of taking him out for Dave Stapleton like he'd done all year in that situation.
    And Bob Stanley for the wild pitch.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    And Bob Stanley for the wild pitch.
    And Donnie Moore (RIP) for not getting the final out of the ALCS and keeping the Red Sox out of the WS to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy was a snake in the post-game interview. IIRC, said something like "we didn't make key plays tonight."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy was a snake in the post-game interview. IIRC, said something like "we didn't make key plays tonight."
    Yup. They showed Catching last night on ESPN, and they talked about Bill Buckner and the comparisons to Steve Bartman. They showed him being interviewed, and he basically threw Buckner under the bus instead of at least taking some of the blame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was shocked and sad to see this. I have watched a number of do entaries which he graciously gave interviews, and was humble and honest about everything. He was a of a player, and his career never should have been defined by that error in 86..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. They showed Catching last night on ESPN, and they talked about Bill Buckner and the comparisons to Steve Bartman. They showed him being interviewed, and he basically threw Buckner under the bus instead of at least taking some of the blame.
    Watching Catching I am still trying to figure out how the Red Sox fans all unanimously blamed Buckner in 86, but in 2003 the Cubs idiot fans blamed Bartman a fan, instead of Gonzalez error when he blew a routine DP to end the inning?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was shocked and sad to see this. I have watched a number of do entaries which he graciously gave interviews, and was humble and honest about everything. He was a of a player, and his career never should have been defined by that error in 86..
    Never struck out 3 times in a game over his career. Pretty amazing. Weirdly, his on-base percentage was low for how good he was at making contact. Different era, though. You wanted to the hit the ball and not strikeout since it was seen as an embarrassing way to get out. Walks also weren't as valued.

Thread Information