Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Been stuck at the worst airport in America since 2 today because of weather

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Present. I was clearly next at a 4-way and the mother er to my left pulled right on through in front of me.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wasnt going to risk it, so we drove.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Present. I was clearly next at a 4-way and the mother er to my left pulled right on through in front of me.
    Your mom likes 4-ways

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your mom likes 4-ways
    Ha.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Took two hours to get a bag checked for American Airlines at Reno going back to Austin via Dallas yesterday. There was a power outage very early in morning and all the self bag check kiosks were locked to check in without bag only. I saw the someone reset them and jumped 40 people in line and barely made my 10am flight that was delayed by 2 hours thankfully. Ended up being a 12 hour travel day and sucked.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just a hange for me this time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Took two hours to get a bag checked for American Airlines at Reno going back to Austin via Dallas yesterday. There was a power outage very early in morning and all the self bag check kiosks were locked to check in without bag only. I saw the someone reset them and jumped 40 people in line and barely made my 10am flight that was delayed by 2 hours thankfully. Ended up being a 12 hour travel day and sucked.
    Next time go to Vegas instead

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    which one?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    LaGuardia is close, but I’d agree with this. I’ve flown in and out of Philly 10 or so times in the last year for work and it’s almost like clockwork that every flight in and out of that airport gets delayed. The TSA-precheck line always seems to be closed too.

The rental car setup in Philly is especially ty.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    LaGuardia is close, but I’d agree with this. I’ve flown in and out of Philly 10 or so times in the last year for work and it’s almost like clockwork that every flight in and out of that airport gets delayed. The TSA-precheck line always seems to be closed too.

Getting rental cars from an airport is always an overpriced scam. Unless your company pays for it, don't do it, it's cheaper to get a lyft (or friend) to get you to a standard rental car place away from the airport.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Next time go to Vegas instead
    Little bit further from South Lake Tahoe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins

Haven't flown through LaGuardia in years, is it worse than Newark?

I had connections through Philly 3 different times within the month I was home, and the closest I got to an on-time departure was 40 minutes late. Even the ing puddle-jumper flights out of the F terminal were woefully late. I've had luggage lost on a couple different occasions through the years, as well. You're right on the TSA pre-check, they just don't staff it at all anymore

The pre-check has been great when flying into the country (JFK, Dulles, ATL, MIA, etc), but they don't give a on domestic flights, so you're herded with the poors

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Haven't flown through LaGuardia in years, is it worse than Newark?

I had connections through Philly 3 different times within the month I was home, and the closest I got to an on-time departure was 40 minutes late. Even the ing puddle-jumper flights out of the F terminal were woefully late. I've had luggage lost on a couple different occasions through the years, as well. You're right on the TSA pre-check, they just don't staff it at all anymore

The pre-check has been great when flying into the country (JFK, Dulles, ATL, MIA, etc), but they don't give a on domestic flights, so you're herded with the poors
    I’ve had a few of those American Eagle puddle jumper flights between Philly and Burlington and there are always issues, I’ve learned you need to have at least an hour of cushion for any connections, especially in the winter since they always seem to up how long it might take to de-ice the plane and/or runway.

I was at LaGuardia in April. I showed up really early (at least I thought I did) but then ended up barely making my flight after waiting a full hour for the rental car shuttle to take me to the airport (which was a hassle itself, it involved Hertz bussing me to another area where you have to wait for another shuttle to take you to the terminal, I would have just sprung for an Uber if I knew the alternative was a two-shuttle rigmarole).

Once you get past security the amenities are also awful, not that it mattered this time. No decent place to eat, no power outlets in the waiting area at the gate, and it’s just really ing crowded.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I’ve had a few of those American Eagle puddle jumper flights between Philly and Burlington and there are always issues, I’ve learned you need to have at least an hour of cushion for any connections, especially in the winter since they always seem to up how long it might take to de-ice the plane and/or runway.

I was at LaGuardia in April. I showed up really early (at least I thought I did) but then ended up barely making my flight after waiting a full hour for the rental car shuttle to take me to the airport (which was a hassle itself, it involved Hertz bussing me to another area where you have to wait for another shuttle to take you to the terminal, I would have just sprung for an Uber if I knew the alternative was a two-shuttle rigmarole).

Once you get past security the amenities are also awful, not that it mattered this time. No decent place to eat, no power outlets in the waiting area at the gate, and it’s just really ing crowded.
    Burlington...I stayed there on Lake Champlain a couple years ago, beautiful area.

Unfortunately, Derp Eagle can be as low rent as they want since there are no other options. The PHL airport as a whole has amenities...how is there only 1 lounge at an airport of that size (white people problems, I know)? Biggest problem I have when forced to wait with the gen pop is parents who either won't or can't stop their kids from crying.

Thread Information