Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before you throw your gamepad away, press Options to skip the stupidly repe ive cutscenes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the nsrrative and world setting is good...but you cant survive without gameplay. its not possible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is proving to be everything you guys say it was. It's so boring and so so very repe ive. Down to the ing animations.

But I was told by a friend to wait it out to chapter 4. That's when supposedly things get back to a normal type of game. I'm still on chapter 2 with about 4 hours logged in.

I'm minimizing the boredom by playing an hour a night while infusing some fun with other games.
    see lol. thats the thing, im sure it picks up at some point but after playing 5-10 hours you already get a feel for how the gameplay is and the story taking so long to unfold just makes you not really care about getting to the point where it "Gets good" because the gameplay makes it feel like a chore. imho at least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see lol. thats the thing, im sure it picks up at some point but after playing 5-10 hours you already get a feel for how the gameplay is and the story taking so long to unfold just makes you not really care about getting to the point where it "Gets good" because the gameplay makes it feel like a chore. imho at least
    yeah its like when a friend wants to show you a song they think is cool and then 3 minutes in it sucks and they're like "no no its about to get good here"... by that point idgaf. im not gonna sit through 80% of just to maybe get payoff

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah its like when a friend wants to show you a song they think is cool and then 3 minutes in it sucks and they're like "no no its about to get good here"... by that point idgaf. im not gonna sit through 80% of just to maybe get payoff
    Kind of how I feel about RDR2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RDR2 certainly has some of that factor, but not nearly as egregious from what i've read about Death Stranding... Chapter 1 in the snowy mountain is just an exposition fest. but in that one, chapter 1 is easily the shortest in the game. when i think back on playing through RDR2, that part of the game barely registers tbh

i will say, its also similar to what i've read about Death Stranding in that even the traversal/player movement can feel like a chore. walking around and interacting with items feels very tedious early on. the horse riding has more 'realism' than RDR1 so you end up falling off of it and crashing into things quite a bit. i've been playing the original RDR for the first time, and it feels a lot more arcade-like than RDR2, which makes for a smoother experience. but at the same time after having played through RDR2 first, it feels like im in the stone age. hard to go back from that kind of realism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rdr2 has gameplay amd combat and lots of other things

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rdr2 has gameplay amd combat and lots of other things
    Funny you keep telling people to play Sekiro but Sekiro has another problem. No story, all gameplay.

Gets repe ive too from what I have seem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you keep telling people to play Sekiro but Sekiro has another problem. No story, all gameplay.

Gets repe ive too from what I have seem.
    sekiro has a story and its a game not a movie. Rep ive?

get out of here.

Sekiro combat is the most invative comabat system since bloodborne/souls.

its a souls game that isnt a souls game. thats how innovative it is. By far most satisfying combat.

plus unanimously agreed upon as a great game even those wh o quit.

Its too hard for some people. i get it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like I'm a couple of hours away from the end. Lots of things happening at once.

Be glad to put an end to this and continue my Nier playthrough which I stopped for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's the story, at least?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's the story, at least?
    The saving grace, imo.

It's nothing spectacular but it doesn't leave a bitter taste in your mouth. To me, this game is better seen in a narrative light. Like the Telltale games.

Go to point A and B to trigger the next storyline cutscene etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it depends. Do you want role playing with a huge storyline or do you want to start ing up? Are you the kind who, in COD MW, killed everyone especially if your Sgt told hold your fire, sneak past? I shoot everything. I don't buy games to hold my fire.

Some story is ok, but I don't care for a movie with a few choices like the Black Mirror some time ago.

Thread Information