Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gets a November 2019 release date.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should be getting a new Last of Us 2 trailer and release date pretty soon also.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy I was thinking late 2020 or early 2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Sony not go to E3 this year when they have this to show off?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should be getting a new Last of Us 2 trailer and release date pretty soon also.
    Originally I was thinking that something like Nov 2019 might be the release date for TLOU 2 as well, but now I'm thinking it might come out later so it doesn't get overshadowed by Death Stranding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally I was thinking that something like Nov 2019 might be the release date for TLOU 2 as well, but now I'm thinking it might come out later so it doesn't get overshadowed by Death Stranding.
    Prob Spring 2020 for that one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy I was thinking late 2020 or early 2021
    Impressive by Kojima standards. His games usually bake for at least 5 years and then a couple more for that cooling off period.

This will be a nice birthday present to myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impressive by Kojima standards. His games usually bake for at least 5 years and then a couple more for that cooling off period.

This will be a nice birthday present to myself.
    Damn looks like they're really getting a lot out of Horizon Zero Dawn's engine too. I wonder if my PS4 Slim will be able to run it at a consistent framerate, or if it'll be sub-30 fps like The Last of Us was on PS3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I was thinking. Multiple sources online were saying that Naughty Dog was going to break radio silence this week and announce a release date, but then this drops. Now I'm not sure. Spring 2020 is probably a safe bet though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I was thinking. Multiple sources online were saying that Naughty Dog was going to break radio silence this week and announce a release date, but then this drops. Now I'm not sure. Spring 2020 is probably a safe bet though.
    I agree. I'd be surprised if it's any later than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I don't know. This game kind of looks like . Every review I've seen seems to have a hard time defining what it actually is other than a walking sim with huge exposition dumps in true Kojima fashion. The vast majority of gameplay is inventory management and environment traversal. The combat is almost 100% avoidable, which is okay, but then when you are forced to fight as part of the storyline, it's very basic. I've seen several sources say that the intro (first 10-15 hours) is one of the worst they've ever played and expect many players to quit before actually getting to the meat of the game.

I think it's telling that none of the trailers give you any indication what the gameplay is like or what the storyline is about. I may still give it a shot sometime down the road, but not for $60.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's telling that none of the trailers give you any indication what the gameplay is like or what the storyline is about. I may still give it a shot sometime down the road, but not for $60.
    Yeah, this is a $20 buy for me.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i've been playing it the last two days since i redbox'd it. wanted to see what all the hype was about. it sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game sucks.

Great story, awesome graphics..But Gameplay is boring and nonexistent.

The actors are above average.

6/10

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a game has to be pretty special for me to buy it at full retail... this aint it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't buy it on first day because the last week or so has been pretty ing cold as so I just ordered it on Amazon last night.

You guys sound like sensitive little girls about this game being a slow burner. If you're not shooting people in the face in the first 10 minutes, the game sucks.

I dont mind slow games when I know the game has room to pick up later. This game is supposed to be 50 hours long. I have experience with these types of games. Shenmue, Legend of Legaia, Kindom Hearts 2, etc.

The payoff has always been pretty awesome at the end.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I didn't buy it on first day because the last week or so has been pretty ing cold as so I just ordered it on Amazon last night.

You guys sound like sensitive little girls about this game being a slow burner. If you're not shooting people in the face in the first 10 minutes, the game sucks.

I dont mind slow games when I know the game has room to pick up later. This game is supposed to be 50 hours long. I have experience with these types of games. Shenmue, Legend of Legaia, Kindom Hearts 2, etc.

No, it's trash. has nothing to do with there not being people to shoot. game deserves a review. im guessing youre one of those kojima fanboys?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's trash. has nothing to do with there not being people to shoot. game deserves a review. im guessing youre one of those kojima fanboys?
    Damn straight I'm a fanboy.

This game is getting great reviews everywhere. What exactly dont you like about it?

Most negative reactions I've seen use the walking simulator excuse to on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen a lot of negative reviews too tbh
    Seems like one of those games you either like or don't. Kojima has a cult following so of course there are ppl who will rave about this game simply for that fact. But I've played it a bit and it's just not my thing. And the walking simulator thing is a valid criticism of the game tbh. The whole game is delivering packages

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Damn straight I'm a fanboy.

This game is getting great reviews everywhere. What exactly dont you like about it?

Most negative reactions I've seen use the walking simulator excuse to on it.
    its just boring imo. players shouldnt have to pour 10 hours into a game to get to "the good parts." and for someone like myself who doesnt have tons of free time, a game like this just really isnt my thing. if you end up liking it, great, i'm sure if youre a Kojima fan and enjoy his story telling you'll probably like it. but it's just boring imho. i dont find the story particularly interesting nor the way it is unfolding to be all that captivating. and the walking thing too. just my two cents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those games were actually fun to play though, that's the difference. I love slower, story-driven games too, but there needs to be balance with gameplay. By that same token, I don't care for games with an over-emphasis on gameplay and no storyline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys make good points. I'll just have to experience it for myself and see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys make good points. I'll just have to experience it for myself and see.
    Let us know what you think. I am curious what Kojima does now that he's no longer with Konami. But overall I felt the pacing on his games was way off. Now that he has nobody looking over his shoulder, it'll be even worse I bet.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind a game taking 10 hours to get good.
    If it were on sale and on Xbox I'd prob give it a whirl

Thread Information