Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela, too expensive for what he does, imo. Good rebounder, no doubt, and good rim protector, but his contract is almost 20 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela athleticism, probably go well with W, W & Lonnie moving forward. We tend to do very well with French players tbh..worth a thought if nothing else. Didnt he sign 4/80? Manageable money right there.
    Uhh and where exactly are we getting that 20 mil for next season? Like someone mentioned already, he's useless without the lobs harden throws him. Would much rather have Jakob, and its not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela athleticism, probably go well with W, W & Lonnie moving forward. We tend to do very well with French players tbh..worth a thought if nothing else. Didnt he sign 4/80? Manageable money right there.
    4/80 is NOT manageable money for a support piece. He's also not French.

The value in a player like Capela is getting him right off the assembly line. Once he gets paid, his value diminishes dramatically. I would argue that if he is getting paid $20M per year, his contract is as horrible as Paul's for what he brings to the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela was terrible in the playoffs. I wouldn't trade for him, either, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ask yourself this: What is Capela better at than Jakob Poeltl? And then ask yourself if that is worth paying 17 million more per season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4/80 is NOT manageable money for a support piece. He's also not French.

The value in a player like Capela is getting him right off the assembly line. Once he gets paid, his value diminishes dramatically. I would argue that if he is getting paid $20M per year, his contract is as horrible as Paul's for what he brings to the table.

Manageable, comparable to max contracts which I’m not a fan of at all. Cap flex long term will beat out almost all max contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying take Capela. Am saying he was burned by WarriorRef on a number of key plays.
    Houston choked in plenty of additional ways, but I found a number of the Capela burns to be at momentum changing times.

Example Donkey Breath clearly intentionally fouls him at 100-100 fairly late in one game. In fact Warriors were in a zone and no one was guarding Cap when he received the pass right under the hoop. Out of range Donkey actually did an intentional foul. No whistle, key the ABC/Disney got announcer 'what a sensational play by Donkey slurp slurp'.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manageable, comparable to max contracts which I’m not a fan of at all. Cap flex long term will beat out almost all max contracts.
    Twenty million a year is a terrible contract for a role player.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    No to both and CP3 no way that contract is awful and he could have signed with Spurs and teamed with Leonard (and Spurs could still have Kawhi).

Did Spurs show any interest in CP3 when he was a free agent? maybe or maybe not.

I could see Lakers take on that contract for CP3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No to both and CP3 no way that contract is awful and he could have signed with Spurs and teamed with Leonard (and Spurs could still have Kawhi).

Did Spurs show any interest in CP3 when he was a free agent? maybe or maybe not.

I could see Lakers take on that contract for CP3.
    Paul never let it get that far. He opted in when Houston wanted to trade for him, and never hit FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be all in favor of moving Derozan, but even I wouldn't even consider trading it for that garbage CP0 contract tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that CP3 contract is death. Especially factoring in how far CP3 fell this season, you're looking at a franchise killing contract if you dare to take that on.
    Not only that, HOU has no youth at all (let alone enticing youth) to entice you to do so and what draft picks? They have Harden so what good are those futures?

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela, too expensive for what he does, imo. Good rebounder, no doubt, and good rim protector, but his contract is almost 20 million.
    This

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every other contract is manable if you are comparing it to a max contract.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i really wonder if cp3 would end up getting bought out... he’d make a decent chunk of change...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want Paul but I don't think he's untradeable. I think there are possible deals for Houston with minny, Charlotte, or Orlando.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope they trade for him. That would be even dumber than trading the #4 pick for DeRozan. I'd love to see the Lakers missing the playoffs with LeBron, CP0 and Melo. They would suck until 2024 at least
    The NBA gifted the Lakers the #4 pick to use in a AD trade, you'll see.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    said it the season before last... rockets should trade harden for lebron.

cp3, lebron, capela... eric gordon + other three point shooters... lebron plays harder than harden (who doesn’t) and the ball would actually move...

with harden being younger than lebron the rockets could get more from the lakers than just doing the trade straight up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if LA would give up the #4 for CP3?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if LA would give up the #4 for CP3?
    Houston would dump CP0 on them for a future conditional second rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only deal i can see is DeRozan/Bertans/Forbes/29th pick or 19th? for Harden/Tucker. A Murray/Harden/Tucker/Aldridge/Poetl line up would have a pretty decent mix of offense and defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston would dump CP0 on them for a future conditional second rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in a vacuum i'd gladly take paul over derozan right now, even with their contracts considered. but we already have something of a logjam at guard and need bodies that can function at the wings
    No ing way.

A 36 yo Chris Paul making 45 millions in one year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see a CP0/John Wall trade happening
    That's plausible. Wall wouldn't fit the Rockets, but if Paul and Harden's relationship is really broken, that might be the only way the Rockets have of getting rid of Paul. They would probably have to offer a pick though.

A sign and trade for Butler would be Morey's wet dream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only deal i can see is DeRozan/Bertans/Forbes/29th pick or 19th? for Harden/Tucker. A Murray/Harden/Tucker/Aldridge/Poetl line up would have a pretty decent mix of offense and defense.
    Wtf? How did anyone miss this ? lmao

Thread Information