Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really wonder if cp3 would end up getting bought out... he’d make a decent chunk of change...
    I’d be shocked. He’s money hungry (nothing wrong with that) so can’t see him giving up a dollar and can’t see HOU improving by letting him walk for nothing since they aren’t in the money saving business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's plausible. Wall wouldn't fit the Rockets, but if Paul and Harden's relationship is really broken, that might be the only way the Rockets have of getting rid of Paul. They would probably have to offer a pick though.

A sign and trade for Butler would be Morey's wet dream.
    No. Way. Houston wants to win now. They have no draft pick this year (CLE trade) and why would they trade for an even worse contract for a player that won’t even play next year? Makes no sense at all. Even for a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have zero. I repeat ZERO chance at trading for Harden . I don’t see how HOU would even entertain trading Harden. They will probably offer 3 First Rounders and Capela and Eric Gordon to try and improve and they may not be able to. But they are all in on winning now and no turning back.

Unless someone came in with some monster offer (which I literally can’t even create something that wild in my mind) Harden is staying put.

I could see someone trading for CP3 but it will cost HOU (which losing assets and CP doesn’t make them better). Maybe PHX would be dumb enough since they want a PG next to Booker and want to make the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have zero. I repeat ZERO chance at trading for Harden . I don’t see how HOU would even entertain trading Harden. They will probably offer 3 First Rounders and Capela and Eric Gordon to try and improve and they may not be able to. But they are all in on winning now and no turning back.

Unless someone came in with some monster offer (which I literally can’t even create something that wild in my mind) Harden is staying put.

I could see someone trading for CP3 but it will cost HOU (which losing assets and CP doesn’t make them better). Maybe PHX would be dumb enough since they want a PG next to Booker and want to make the playoffs.
    Minnesota might be willing to move Teague and deing for him thinking Paul would help KAT and Wiggins.

Jordan might bring him home to NC if they lose Kemba and include baton and either biyombo or zeller.

I'm not sure any of that really helps Houston but if the relationship is toxic there I think those are the type of deals they might be able to find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota might be willing to move Teague and deing for him thinking Paul would help KAT and Wiggins.

Jordan might bring him home to NC if they lose Kemba and include baton and either biyombo or zeller.

I'm not sure any of that really helps Houston but if the relationship is toxic there I think those are the type of deals they might be able to find.
    For sure - I agree they can find a deal to dump him (still tough) but if the goal is to get better? That is really difficult

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to unload Paul for younger cheaper talent. Would be the perfect thing for them to trade Paul to the Lakers and really shake up free agent signings in LA lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dodged a bullet when Paul stood them up to sign with Houston. Pau gets a bonus for playing along and it turns out to be a bad contract but looks like we have as many rings as the Rockets do since the signing. Morey often makes a splash in the off season but how many ships does he have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most damning thing about Morey is his utter disregard for draft picks/youth. To have no youth is a crime. To have no contracts that are truly cost controlled and cheap for a few years contributing is very poor management. To treat the draft and player development as if it is irrelevant is beyond me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Tucker for a 2nd round pick, but nothing else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a difference a year makes. Weren't the Rockets the ones who just wanted to "roll it back" since they were certain they were champs with Paul healthy?

Now blow it up but paradoxically stay in "win now" mode. They should just wait it out and hope they get lucky or just find a good groove. (Kinda like the 2011 Mavs who had been around in that form for a couple of years, then gelled). This is more about the owner being pissed they lost at home against a Durant-less Warriors and wanting to make change for changes sake.

Either that, or everyone is sick of Chris Paul or lost faith in Mike D'Antoni which eventually happens everywhere they go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a difference a year makes. Weren't the Rockets the ones who just wanted to "roll it back" since they were certain they were champs with Paul healthy?

Now blow it up.

They're in "win now" mode. They should just wait it out and hope they get lucky or just find a good groove. (Kinda like the 2011 Mavs who had been around in that form for a couple of years, then gelled). This is more about the owner being pissed they lost at home against a Durant-less Warriors and wanting to make change for changes sake.

Either that, or everyone is sick of Chris Paul or lost faith in Mike D'Antoni which eventually happens everywhere they go.
    Combo of both tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way.

A 36 yo Chris Paul making 45 millions in one year
    he's still playing at a high level. had #1 DRPM among point guards by a mile. offensively houston just underutilizes him because harden runs the point, but his metrics are still strong on that end too.

no doubt he's overpaid but he's still undoubtedly a big time positive player for whatever team he's on. cant say the same about derozan and he's being paid huge money, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's still playing at a high level. had #1 DRPM among point guards by a mile. offensively houston just underutilizes him because harden runs the point, but his metrics are still strong on that end too.
    Look, winning with CP has always been tough even in his prime. He dribbled the ball as much as harden pretty much and I doubt his similar style would yield better results than Harden.

he’s just mad it’s not him dribbling the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, winning with CP has always been tough even in his prime. He dribbled the ball as much as harden pretty much and I doubt his similar style would yield better results than Harden.

he’s just mad it’s not him dribbling the ball.
    if you're asking me if i think cp3 is worth 45 million per year, i'd agree that the answer is no.

but thats not the point i was making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're asking me if i think cp3 is worth 45 million per year, i'd agree that the answer is no.

but thats not the point i was making.
    I didn’t mention money once in my post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Way. Houston wants to win now. They have no draft pick this year (CLE trade) and why would they trade for an even worse contract for a player that won’t even play next year? Makes no sense at all. Even for a pick.
    Supposedly Harden and Paul's relationship is beyond repair. Also, Paul could be pretty much done by next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly Harden and Paul's relationship is beyond repair. Also, Paul could be pretty much done by next year.
    Still - you can dump CP without taking on a worse contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still - you can dump CP without taking on a worse contract
    I'm not sure, tbh. If Paul isn't the worst contract on the NBA, he's right up there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure, tbh. If Paul isn't the worst contract on the NBA, he's right up there.
    Sure, but Wall is that much worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but Wall is that much worse.
    I disagree. Wall will not be 36 in the last year of his deal. What makes CP3s deal so much worse is his advanced age and chronic hamstring issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP0 for Biyombo and Batum would be great and wouldn't do a damn thing. CP0 on Dallas would be tough for us. Porzingis/Doncic/CP0 is a playoff team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Wall will not be 36 in the last year of his deal. What makes CP3s deal so much worse is his advanced age and chronic hamstring issues.
    Dude, Wall was already overrated and can’t shoot and he just tore his Achilles- who cares about hamstrings??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get rid of Mills and replace with Eric Gordon, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get rid of Mills and replace with Eric Gordon, tbh
    that would be a huge improvement. Their salaries shouldn't match, but they do

Thread Information