Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden, Paul and Butler on the same team I’d like to see that. Bet there’d be punches thrown during a random flight a month into the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden, Paul and Butler on the same team I’d like to see that. Bet there’d be punches thrown during a random flight a month into the season.
    I wonder how Butler would feel about Harden's defense?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Chris Paul? I rather keep DeRozan which is saying something.
    Yeah, that CP3 contract is death. Especially factoring in how far CP3 fell this season, you're looking at a franchise killing contract if you dare to take that on.
    I'd be all in favor of moving Derozan, but even I wouldn't even consider trading it for that garbage CP0 contract tbh.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still wouldn't take that contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Gambit is a weird. Dude. Raptors fan that still hangs around the forum (probably a DeRozan stan who followed DeMar down here), and he always has weird trade ideas that he'll bump under the false impression that we've changed our minds about the ideas being weird.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the large majority of nba payers are overpaid. while he is one of them, he's also worth overpaying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the large majority of nba payers are overpaid. while he is one of them, he's also worth overpaying.
    At 35 years old, and something like $38 million a year, no he isn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was outstanding this year. And the Thunder got two first rounders to swap him for Westbrook. Westbrook’s game will not age gracefully given his woeful shooting. Paul is still a great defender and super efficient offensively.

He would have been a huge asset to several playoff teams and may not have cost that much to acquire from OKC after the initial trade.

Only two years left on the deal after this. What makes NBA contracts toxic is tenor, not necessarily amount. If he falls off next year, he’ll be a huge expiring contract.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a team needed that one piece to contend for a ship, Paul might be worth it. But you sure as don't build for the future on a 38 year-old. Especially at the expense of being able to afford other players that you can build on.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    At 35 years old, and something like $38 million a year, no he isn't.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If a team needed that one piece to contend for a ship, Paul might be worth it. But you sure as don't build for the future on a 38 year-old. Especially at the expense of being able to afford other players that you can build on.
    spurs trading for cp3 would've be less pointless then the spurs trading for demar.

harden and demar are bffs... spurs should've sent demar and murray for cp3 and tucker.

cp3 / white / tucker / bertans / la

spurs would be in the POs right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Gambit is a weird. Dude. Raptors fan that still hangs around the forum (probably a DeRozan stan who followed DeMar down here), and he always has weird trade ideas that he'll bump under the false impression that we've changed our minds about the ideas being weird.
    I see what you mean.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it's so ridiculous that y'all would rather overpay for demar than overpay for the point god

lmk how y'all feel when the ink dries on demar's 4 year / $106 million deal with the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's so ridiculous that y'all would rather overpay for demar than overpay for the point god

lmk how y'all feel when the ink dries on demar's 4 year / $106 million deal with the spurs.
    You probably know DeMar better than the rest of us. Does that look like a good deal to you? I think he'd get a year less and less APY.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You probably know DeMar better than the rest of us.
    that's true, i said spurs were dead on arrival once they landed demar and that the raps would win it all with kawhi.

i know most things better than the rest of y'all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's true, i said spurs were dead on arrival once they landed demar and that the raps would win it all with kawhi.

i know most things better than the rest of y'all.
    I'll trust you on Raptors-related topics for sure. How do you guys rate Ujuri's chances at landing Giannis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll trust you on Raptors-related topics for sure. How do you guys rate Ujuri's chances at landing Giannis?
    Really? They’re going after him? That would be a perfect time to drop an offer sheet for Anunoby. They’d have to dip into whatever cap room they have to match, unless renouncing him is part of clearing that cap room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? They’re going after him? That would be a perfect time to drop an offer sheet for Anunoby. They’d have to dip into whatever cap room they have to match, unless renouncing him is part of clearing that cap room.
    They are indeed rumored to be going after him. Giannis and Ujuri have a long history together. We'll see about an OG offer sheet. He's not playing well enough to where I'd want to be stuck overpaying him. Guess he'd have all of next year to figure that out, though. Also, OG could just not sign the offer sheet and let the Raptors match after they use their space. If he signs during the moratorium, then yeah, it could force their hands.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3 ties up the series with 26 points on 52.6% shooting, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cp3 ties up the series with 26 points on 52.6% shooting, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals.
    I would’ve traded him for Demar AND Dejounte ina heartbeat. Now I’m probably stuck another 4 years with these losers

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3 leading the league with points in the clutch.

miss me with "he's not worth it" bullshît.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still this. ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Porker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 and Aldridge together would be a nightmare for opponents, but the Spurs banked on Dejounte

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DeRozan opts in, I'd offer him and Murray for Paul and Ferguson.

Considering they're historically obsessed with athleticism, it's worth a shot.

Thread Information