Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...hers-available

Is Clint Capela in any way a viable option?

In other news - their coach on hot seat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moderator please fix le should be “spare parts”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The possibility of trading All-NBA guard James Harden is believed to be extremely limited"

I hope that is 100% false. Time was you play a whole career some place and dominate, you don't get traded just because you did not win a ring. Spurs did NOT ship David out of town after losing in the playoffs year after year. Neither did the Knicks, (Ewing traded when he was done years later) Pacers, or Jazz with their star players in the 90's..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul is easily one of the top 5 worst contracts in the NBA right now.

Dude is injury-prone, showing severe signs of decline, and is due $114M over the next three seasons. He will be making $44M when he is 36 years old, and is already starting to look ancient out there.

That is a contract that would make DeRozan and Mills combined blush. Never mind the fact that he is one of the biggest assholes in the NBA (dirty, whines, flops, etc.)

As for Capela, he is useless if he doesn't have someone to throw him lobs...and even that doesn't work in the playoffs which is why he got benched against GSW.

Hard, hard pass. Let Houston stay ed by those bad decisions.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been a PJ Tucker fan. Plays hard, great defender and rebounds well. Friendly salary. I'd much rather have him over Marco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul? I rather keep DeRozan which is saying something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been a PJ Tucker fan. Plays hard, great defender and rebounds well. Friendly salary. I'd much rather have him over Marco.
    They won't move Tucker...he is one of their best defenders, a good 3-point shooter, and is on a very friendly contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least the rockets org is showing some balls willing to dump their ty underperforming players. here in san antonio we reward them with bloated contracts for the "culture"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue the Chris Paul to the lakers rumors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely a loser in his prime like DeRozan could be more enticing than a over the hill loser like CP3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dodged a bullet when Paul stood them up to sign with Houston. Pau gets a bonus for playing along and it turns out to be a bad contract but looks like we have as many rings as the Rockets do since the signing. Morey often makes a splash in the off season but how many ships does he have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in a vacuum i'd gladly take paul over derozan right now, even with their contracts considered. but we already have something of a logjam at guard and need bodies that can function at the wings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do a straight up swap DeRozan for Harden tbh, but Rockets wouldn't do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do a straight up swap DeRozan for Harden tbh, but Rockets wouldn't do it
    oh you would? thats really interesting tbh... just the other day i was pondering if i'd trade patty for steph curry tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely a loser in his prime like DeRozan could be more enticing than a over the hill loser like CP3?
    The Lakers seem to make their moves based upon name value (which they know) rather than playing value going forward (which they have no clue of).

CP3 to the Lakers could happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The possibility of trading All-NBA guard James Harden is believed to be extremely limited"

I hope that is 100% false. Time was you play a whole career some place and dominate, you don't get traded just because you did not win a ring. Spurs did NOT ship David out of town after losing in the playoffs year after year. Neither did the Knicks, (Ewing traded when he was done years later) Pacers, or Jazz with their star players in the 90's..
    Morey has never seen his players as people, only assets. He would have traded David.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh you would? thats really interesting tbh... just the other day i was pondering if i'd trade patty for steph curry tbh
    That would also be an amazing trade.. DeRozan is the far lesser of the two losers of course, but you never know how stupid the Rockets could be.. I mean they built that team and hired D'antoni..

Spurs HAVE to be receiving some sort of blessing from the basketball Gods at some point, we haven't been blessed since 2011

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how Morey framed this as a good deal “they may even be willing to trade CP3 to improve”

May be willing....lol....they would ship him out for sure if they could. That contract is going to limit what they can get big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would also be an amazing trade.. DeRozan is the far lesser of the two losers of course, but you never know how stupid the Rockets could be.. I mean they built that team and hired D'antoni..

Spurs HAVE to be receiving some sort of blessing from the basketball Gods at some point, we haven't been blessed since 2011
    dantoni has been a great hire for them, and they were a CP3 injury away from beating the hyper stacked warriors team last season. they built the team around harden and 3 point shooting. derozan is the an hesis to their entire philosophy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope they trade for him. That would be even dumber than trading the #4 pick for DeRozan. I'd love to see the Lakers missing the playoffs with LeBron, CP0 and Melo. They would suck until 2024 at least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that CP3 contract is death. Especially factoring in how far CP3 fell this season, you're looking at a franchise killing contract if you dare to take that on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see a CP0/John Wall trade happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dantoni has been a great hire for them, and they were a CP3 injury away from beating the hyper stacked warriors team last season. they built the team around harden and 3 point shooting. derozan is the an hesis to their entire philosophy
    D'Antoni is ing trash IMO.. has always come up just short. He's destined to lose, as are CP3 and Harden. Could'a would'a should'a as far as that Warriors series..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dderozan is the an hesis to their entire philosophy
    Agreed on that for sure though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela athleticism, probably go well with W, W & Lonnie moving forward. We tend to do very well with French players tbh..worth a thought if nothing else. Didnt he sign 4/80? Manageable money right there.

Thread Information