Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most damning thing about Morey is his utter disregard for draft picks/youth. To have no youth is a crime. To have no contracts that are truly cost controlled and cheap for a few years contributing is very poor management. To treat the draft and player development as if it is irrelevant is beyond me.
    And when he strikes it big in the draft, he F’s it up (Parsons before he got hurt) by being cute with the cap.

he's still playing at a high level. had #1 DRPM among point guards by a mile. offensively houston just underutilizes him because harden runs the point, but his metrics are still strong on that end too.

no doubt he's overpaid but he's still undoubtedly a big time positive player for whatever team he's on. cant say the same about derozan and he's being paid huge money, too.

This is a good explanation of the situation. His contract makes him a negative value in a trade (though Houston thinks they can get a team to give them something?), but he’s still a very good defender and efficient offensive player. Totally underutilized on the Rockets. Injuries make it hard to build around him too, as his availability will always be a quesrion.

Capela too isn’t a player who holds any trade value. He’s the same camp as most centers ... nice to have but but not at that price.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    he's still playing at a high level. had #1 DRPM among point guards by a mile. offensively houston just underutilizes him because harden runs the point, but his metrics are still strong on that end too.

no doubt he's overpaid but he's still undoubtedly a big time positive player for whatever team he's on. cant say the same about derozan and he's being paid huge money, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA gifted the Lakers the #4 pick to use in a AD trade, you'll see.
    Told ya, this was so obviously rigged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told ya, this was so obviously rigged.
    While I know the NBA can and will rig for the Flakers as they have so many times before, why with their ty record do you think it took a riggin to get #4?
    Doesn't that = about how many ping pong balls they had?

I would think a real riggin would have been #1 2 or certainly 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most damning thing about Morey is his utter disregard for draft picks/youth. To have no youth is a crime. To have no contracts that are truly cost controlled and cheap for a few years contributing is very poor management. To treat the draft and player development as if it is irrelevant is beyond me.
    For an analytics guy to disregard a simple equation like cost per win is a blind spot you could drive a truck through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I know the NBA can and will rig for the Flakers as they have so many times before, why with their ty record do you think it took a riggin to get #4?

Not even close on the ping pong balls. They were slotted to pick #11, and jumped 7 spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron not in the playoffs = lower ratings

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

Lakers got the number 2 pick for like three straight years. First pick would have been too obvious but the league did try as hard as they could to help them. It's just that the LA front office and development staff are so ing terrible they did nothing with those picks/players

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They gave the Pelicans the #1 so they would make the trade and gave the Lakers the #4 to use in the trade.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it’s been reported that cp3 wants out but who knows if that’s actually true.

if he does want out... i feel like he’d be bought out at some point... can’t imagine him playing his last few years on a scrub team. could maybe see him sticking with boston or dallas but not sure if they have enough to offer the rockets.

i think he might get bought out and join the lakeshow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s been reported that cp3 wants out but who knows if that’s actually true.

if he does want out... i feel like he’d be bought out at some point... can’t imagine him playing his last few years on a scrub team. could maybe see him sticking with boston or dallas but not sure if they have enough to offer the rockets.

i think he might get bought out and join the lakeshow...
    You don’t buy out some who just started a 4/$160M contract. CP3 wanted the money. One of the downsides of that is an unworkable financial situation that lands you in NBA Siberia.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3 said he’ll be in houston next year / that he’s very happy about that.

rockets are in such an awkward place since their players / pieces to trade are solid. cp3, tucker, gordon. capela was nonexistent against the warriors but i think that’s more so because the rockets weren’t using him right.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't read this whole thread... but how, exactly, would the Spurs offset Capela's salary? CP3's salary is an anchor. About the only Rocket "spare part" that might be worth looking at is Danuel House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take PJ Tucker. He would be perfect on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take PJ Tucker. He would be perfect on this team.
    We just drafted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having two PJ Tuckers wouldnt hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dodged such a bullet not signing CP3. That said, assuming no injuries to either player, if he could have played two years ago with Kawhi, maybe they could've knocked off GSW. But the next few years will be painful for Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst thing to happen to Houston was to be SO ing close to GS in 2018. If they'd have gotten their doors blown off, there's no way Fer ta would have OKd a CP3 contract like the one he signed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, now Woj is reporting they’re trying to recruit Jimmy Butler and offering Sixers Gordon/Capella in S&T?

Sixers can just tell them to pound sand and they have to find takers for both guys and possibly Tucker’s too.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    yeah, seems like they’re trying to get butler.

i don’t mind seeing cp3 ring, not big fans of harden & butler though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dodged a bullet when Paul stood them up to sign with Houston. Pau gets a bonus for playing along and it turns out to be a bad contract but looks like we have as many rings as the Rockets do since the signing. Morey often makes a splash in the off season but how many ships does he have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In no way do you bail the Rockets out of their jam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly can flip both Gordon / Capela.

If Butler decides he wants the Rockets, then Philly has to do it.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly can flip both Gordon / Capela.

If Butler decides he wants the Rockets, then Philly has to do it.

No, they don’t. Houston has zero cap room. Philly doesn’t has to do jack to help the Houston Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would be helping themselves, if Butler decides he wants to go to the Rockets.

HOU would deal Gordon / Capela either way. This way Philly gets something.

Thread Information